Prospect Info: [#3] 2017 HFStars Prospect Rankings

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I don't know who are are, but my reply was not to anything you said so I don't know what you're going on about for that.
The context to his development is that even in his peer group he's not that good at anything but generating shots, when compared to the rest of the league he's worse.
He didn't earn or get PP time, or top 6 time, there's a reason for that.
Veterans do get the benefits when all things are equal, if Guryanov was significantly better at really anything, he would of forced the coaching staff to give him more time.
He couldn't, because he's just not that good.
Klingberg is a good example he was drafted in the 5th round (see crap-shoot) he was producing the SEL and SHL before jumping to texas and playing so well that he not only forced the coaches to give him more time, but for the gm to promote him to the NHL. Because ya know he was good and stuff.
That's not unlike Guryanov, he was so good, that he um, pp time, um top 6 minutes, um...um...He's russian and had to adapt to a new rink and stuff.
Not that world juniors means a whole lot but Klingberg wasn't bad in any WJC.

The only way to make Guryanov look kind of decent is to make a ton of excuses and cherry pick, which by all means, go right ahead.
a 12oa pick should not need to have quantifiers for every league he's been except the ECHL v2.0 (3 years ago at that)
Will that be the Excuse when/if he gets to the NHL... Well compared to the other 24yr olds he's like 50th out of 200, so he's ya know doing things wellish enough to not be a giant reach and waste of a pick considering all the plethora of talent around him. Talent that doesn't need a million little stats cherry picked to actually seem good. They all seem to be comparable to the rest of the AHL at large.
How about Svechnikov? Are we going to avoid that?
Drafted 19th (best Russian forward in draft)
38th in AHL scoring(4th in rookie scoring) 51p(74gp) in the AHL and another 12p in 19gp during the playoffs.

Oh i know it's cause he was in the QMJHL right...Where he was also really good at scoring. And he didn't have to earn top 6 and pp time because it's not like Grand Rapids was playing for a Calder cup while Texas was winning everything.
Denis in (rookie AHL scoring) sits 50th (a huge bulk of the people behind him are either Defensemen, goalies or played a lot less games not all mind you)

Is that not a fair comparison? He's against people who are entering the league for the first time, he had the benefit of playing, limited as his time may have been, in the 2nd best league in the world, he dropped down in quality of competition and still couldn't stand out on his own damn team enough to get some chances on the PP or in the top 6, on a team that by and large sucked.

Even with all the Cherry picking, and the he's Russian and had to adapt to a new country and new blah blah, He's still the the 4th lowest scoring "regular" forward Texas had.
There is no equating that to well he tried hard, so he's still a good prospect. The sad part is that he would outscore over 70 games Mike McMurtry an undrafted player that spent time in the ECHL(source the article) , by 10 whole points.

He was a lousy pick at 12, and all he's done, at literally every level since then is show it.
And again, I want nothing more than for him to work out, he's solid defensively, which is more than I can say for most Russians(coming out of Russia anyway)
so he can still be a bottom 6 guy someday.
But the dream of him being a scoring winger, after 2 years of barely doing that are about the same as Glennie's were

That made me laugh and stop reading. Well done. David is the guy who wrote the article you attempted to dismantle with horrible arguments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad