GDT: 3/20/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
It's funny, Boucher started Garon again (who played well against Carolina, granted).

Lindback last 3 starts:
1.66 GAA
.948 SV% (92-97)

Lindback last 5 starts:
1.8 GAA
.941 SV% (143-152)

How is this team ever going to establish a rhythm if the coach keeps changing it?

It's like they're playing musical chairs. Boucher pulls one chair. The music stops, everyone tries to sit. And they drown because he changed the game to Marco Polo.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think Yzerman has built a decent team. Not a great one, but one that should be competing for a playoff spot. Guy Boucher can not inspire this team and is not getting enough out of his players. He deserves to be fired at this point.

One of Us! One of Us!

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Who in this picture should they call up next?

IMG_39242.jpg

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
It's funny, Boucher started Garon again.

Lindback last 3 starts:
1.66 GAA
.948 SV% (92-97)

Lindback last 5 starts:
1.8 GAA
.941 SV% (143-152)

I thought maybe we had a back to back... but nope. Boucher's gonna Boucher.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Labrie has been fine since the conditioning stint considering his limited role, and he has often been in the middle of lots of shifts spent primarily in the offensive zone.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Here's my take so far on the game, I probably wont even bother to watch the game in its entirety, its quite embarassing and quite frustrating. I'd need to take an entire bottle of advil if I didnt stop hollering at the TV.

Offense- flat
Defense- flat
Goalies-sleeping

Stamkos, MSL, Purcell- not doing much, then again, how can you when you turn the puck over 409898 times in your own zone, Purcell Im talking about you, then you cant even establish a forecheck because when you get the puck, you, Marty-thats you, throw it into the corner Stamkos cant get to in .032 seconds. Also doesnt help when Stamkos is looking to pass it to Purcell yet Purcell is off for a line change and basically gave the four teammates relying on him to get the puck a big "**** you." Not to mention his wonderful line change on a backcheck, not getting in the corners and being aggressive.

Johnson, Conacher, Tyrell/Pala/Pyatt/whoever- for the love of God and all things great, why not put somebody like Gudas or Brewer out there on defense? Everytime the young guys are out, Gudas needs to be there, its embarassing when your best line, being those three...is getting shoved down like a little kid begging for a Butterfinger at the store. Its embarassing and it just shows our team is full of a bunch of timid players that dont give a rats ass if they hit their teammate. Could you imagine if Boston, Chicago, Pitts, etc let them hit on their rookies? Yeah, wouldnt happen.

Brewer- absolutely the worse dman, yes, write this down, behind Lee this year. He's been awful and he's getting worse every week.

Carle- was excited to see him play before the season, now I'll be excited if he's traded.

Lindback and garon, well, when a team doesnt help you, I'd do the same, take a couple downers and just dream about hockey, cause thats basically what Garon did.

Congrats, you will finish out of reach of the top 3 picks and you wont make the playoffs. What. the. hell.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think Yzerman has built a decent team. Not a great one, but one that should be competing for a playoff spot. Guy Boucher can not inspire this team and is not getting enough out of his players. He deserves to be fired at this point.

The way I look at it is: does this team have more talent than 50% of the league? If yes, there is no excuse for not making the playoffs.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I mean, Labrie has been far from bad since he's come back, this game included. He's not putting up points, but he's grinding. That's his job.

Lindback had a nice welcome to the game. Enjoy a shot from the slot as a warm-up. Since that, he's looked good. Tracking the puck well and staying calm.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Its going to be bad when;

Marty
Conacher
Johnson
Brown
Tyrell

are all on the same team, forwards mind you, that even though they've taken that through their careers, will have absolutely no back-up from their linemates. Stammer goes to, and Downie used to, Marty's rescue when needed but other than that, I wouldnt look around for even a guy like Malone to do much to them. You need that kind of player that when you just look at him, like Gudas, its like looking into the face of death/Pvt. Pyle from Full Metal Jacket, and you know, damn, better not take a run at their smaller guys, but besides Gudas, we dont have anybody. Labrie has held his own in his fights, but he wouldnt stand a chance against Orr, hell even Fraser...Thornton, Scott, etc. Crombeen is probably the worst fighter Ive ever seen. He was on his way down if he wasnt along the boards against Fraser in the 1st. Pretty pathetic he's our "enforcer/fighter" they brought in this year... :shakehead

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I would much rather go through the (worst part of the) Lindback growing pains now in preparation for next season.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
If that isn't an egregious elbowing, I don't know what is. Lupul gonna miss some more time me thinks. Complete ****** move in a 4-0 game? Good lord.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Its going to be bad when;

Marty
Conacher
Johnson
Brown
Tyrell

are all on the same team, forwards mind you, that even though they've taken that through their careers, will have absolutely no back-up from their linemates. Stammer goes to, and Downie used to, Marty's rescue when needed but other than that, I wouldnt look around for even a guy like Malone to do much to them. You need that kind of player that when you just look at him, like Gudas, its like looking into the face of death/Pvt. Pyle from Full Metal Jacket, and you know, damn, better not take a run at their smaller guys, but besides Gudas, we dont have anybody. Labrie has held his own in his fights, but he wouldnt stand a chance against Orr, hell even Fraser...Thornton, Scott, etc. Crombeen is probably the worst fighter Ive ever seen. He was on his way down if he wasnt along the boards against Fraser in the 1st. Pretty pathetic he's our "enforcer/fighter" they brought in this year... :shakehead

Because Boucher's system doesn't want those kinds of players. Do you think it's a coincidence that Yzerman rid of a lot of those 'heart not skill' players?

The Jumping Shrimp

Oct 28, 2009
Connolly then the rest.[/

I watched the Crunch play a couple of games two weeks ago and Brett Connly was a non factor. I was excited at the chance to watch him play but he was anything but impressive. Tyler Johnson on the other hand. I thought he was amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad