Post-Game Talk: 3-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I don't blame Bob for either goal tonight. First goal was poor PK coverage and a rocket. Second goal bounces off of Kulikov right in front of him. Bob's save percentage might suck, and he hasn't been superhuman, but he's been completely fine.
I do hope he has that magic from last season in him, which tbh he was against the lightning minus game 4

But were gonna need extra help vs the rangers, no way were limiting their shots like this

Reactions: Vilam

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I mean tbh

Weve had three GI calls go our way with the first two being borderline then this one goin our way going against those two.

W/e tho, after that shit finals reffing and the trocheck trip ill take any advantage we get
Until NYR and their tv ratings lol

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

simpsons___barney_hook_it_to_my_veins.jpg

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The roster is really wide now. Just like a couple of years ago some good players don't even have spot in the lineup but what is different is that now our players are better than what they were back then. Everyone is good defensively too and players like Lundell and Barkov are better than what they used to be. Tarasenko and Okposo were good additions and didn't cost 1st round picks. Not to mention Tkachuk vs. Huberdeau in a playoff environment.

Rangers series is going to be tough but so far I am liking a lot how this train is moving.

That celebration by Barkov. So good. Like seeing him show that emotion. He's finally become an alpha these playoffs!
In Finland people are saying that Barkov has lost it because he has started to celebrate and even take some penalties this year.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This Bruins team right now is just plain stupid. The Bennett story, the Pasta and Maroon penalties at the beginning, the desperation coaches challenge on the Bennett goal (that's a good goal anyday, just because of a little bump on Coyle there)... I cannot take this team seriously right now. We look so much better than them, also in comparison of them to us last year.

Refs were fine, don't like their takes on interference though on both sides, hand them out too easily.

Best players: Barky (duh!), Okposo and ERod (incredible board work and skating, great job filling in for Reinhart), Kuli and OEL (fantastic defensive performance), Lundell (did the real GOAT just stand up?)

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
This Bruins team right now is just plain stupid. The Bennett story, the Pasta and Maroon penalties at the beginning, the desperation coaches challenge on the Bennett goal (that's a good goal anyday, just because of a little bump on Coyle there)... I cannot take this team seriously right now. We look so much better than them, also in comparison of them to us last year.

Refs were fine, don't like their takes on interference though on both sides, hand them out too easily.

Best players: Barky (duh!), Okposo and ERod (incredible board work and skating, great job filling in for Reinhart), Kuli and OEL (fantastic defensive performance), Lundell (did the real GOAT just stand up?)
I agree the Bruins are somewhat of a train wreck that’s for sure.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
I don't think I've ever been so calm down 2-0 in a game. Panthers were vastly outplaying the Bruins, it was just a matter of time, score was closer than it should be. It was a good bounce back game for Swayman.

And Barkov with another dominant performance, just masterclass. It's like a giant among boys watching him out there.
I bow to your much greater experience as I was really anxious! We were obviously outplaying them but it just felt like we were flubbing a lot of our chances and couldn't get the rest of them through. Bloody Swayman.

But yes, God I love Barkov. My sweet marshmellow of a man who a f***ing God on the ice...

Barkov is on par with McJesus, etc. but he was never going to impress with blazing speed and incredible dekes. That's why other fanbases easily scoff at this idea because if he's not making highlight reel fancy play on weekly basis then he must not be all that good.
EXACTLY! He does absolutely everything out there - quiet but deadly effective. He's starting to get more recognition [hello Selke!] but I still feel that he's massively underrated.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Broons fans are saying things like “if we lose this series team should skate off and skip the hand shake, Panthers don’t deserve that respect”……they so shook right now lol what a bunch of sore losers. I’m embracing the villain role right now. Love the hate.
Honestly, it was mildly entertaining at first but now it’s reached a stage where I just find it disturbing. Pastrnak punches Lundell in full view but who cares, Bennett BAD!!! "I hope they end Barkov's season", like WTF??? And the media are fuelling this bullshit - just read The Athletic piece by the Bruins writer which was essentially a long rant about Bennett's - quote - "sucker punch" and "assault" on Marchand.

Lost all respect for Montgomery and a lot of other people. PLEASE win game 5, end this shit and get the hell away before these people go fully psychotic and someone gets seriously hurt.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Honestly, it was mildly entertaining at first but now it’s reached a stage where I just find it disturbing. Pastrnak punches Lundell in full view but who cares, Bennett BAD!!! "I hope they end Barkov's season", like WTF??? And the media are fuelling this bullshit - just read The Athletic piece by the Bruins writer which was essentially a long rant about Bennett's - quote - "sucker punch" and "assault" on Marchand.

Lost all respect for Montgomery and a lot of other people. PLEASE win game 5, end this shit and get the hell away before these people go fully psychotic and someone gets seriously hurt.
lol I know. They’re all saying to goon it up, take our best guys out if they’re not advancing. That we don’t really have fans, bla bla bla Just pure loser mentality.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
I wanted to give my thoughts on the game. Unfortunately I have to watch these on delay due to my schedule.

-Bob allowed a bad goal #2, but shut the door the rest of the way

-Bennett goal came seemingly out of nowhere on a PP that looked abysmal with sloppy passing and shots not getting through. I don’t care what anyone says, Swayman is not making that save even if Bennett made no contact whatsoever with Coyle. And the contact he did make was so soft, there’s no way he caused Coyle to fall into his goalie. It’s a goal no matter what happens.

-We are in their heads for sure. Feels like Bennett is the villain of the league right now. I love it!

-Lundell had his best game of the playoffs. I really like his role as 3C and on the PK.

-Barkov. Holy crap. What else can I say? A highlight reel goal tonight. The keep in was beautiful and then he danced around practically everyone and scored. I have to say, Barky in the playoffs underwhelmed me in the past. He’s figured it out.

It’s not over yet, but I’m really confident in our group and think we wrap this up in game 5

You pretty much summed up my thoughts there on the game. I do relish the deliciousness of Bennett being the villain of the league but it's annoying that take after take is about that goal call and not about how we completely outplayed the Bruins. I mean, you have 18 shots the whole game - with TWO SHOTS in the 3rd: you're not winning this game. And this was a game on home ice that they had to win.

I'm still relatively new to hockey but it's already pissing me off that the sports media is still all about the Bruins and their struggles and blah blah officiating, and completely overlooking what we're doing. And TNT... God, my ears were bleeding.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024

Yep - I'm getting slightly worried about this... Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of hatred between teams during the playoffs, but this could get out of hand.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Bruins fans should be upset with Monty for telling his guys to muck it up. The penalties they are taking are awful. Even the McAvoy hit should have been a penalty. It’s just too bad we couldn’t score on more to make them pay for it.

On the Benny goal, I would have been fine if they waved it off. Doesn’t seem like Swayman could’ve made the save or maybe Coyle clears the puck, who knows. But it just felt like the team was going to comeback and win no matter what.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Outside game 5 and the Tampa GIs (that was 1 for 2 at worst), I don't think we got a favorable whistle at all
I don't think the penalty discrepancy is unfair at all, Panthers have had the puck way more than the Bruins and outplayed them handily, you'll of course get more calls, the 2 legit gripes the Bs have are:

1. If you read the Athletic article on GI the Lightning callbacks make sense (both of them). I won't lie, the Bennett goal didn't. The league's explanation is that they acknowledge the push in but he wasn't going to make the save anyways, but that isn't the rule lol. Again, Panthers are clearly the much better team so I wish they could postpose some of these calls.

2. I don't really get how Benny wasn't suspended. Obviously it was a huge benefit so I'm not complaining but if I was a Bs fan I'd be annoyed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad