GDT: 3/14/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No, it wasn't an ass kicking because we had easily as many, if not more scoring chances than the opposition. Lindback made a couple of huge saves but in no way was he standing on his head.

I agree that we aren't shooting enough. No excuses on that behalf. A team with our offensive talents should be peppering the Islanders goal throughout instead of cherry picking chances as we did tonight.

Pass the Kool-Aid, brother. 18 shots on goal to 29 shots for them.

QED

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Team needs to shoot more. Give your goalie some ****ing help because Lindback kept us in it again...

Purcell and Carle suck.

Marty needs to get m&m's or something everytime he shoots. Classically condition him to shoot more.
That flip pass he had tonight over the middle was BS.

Gudas = amazing.

Lost to another team we should have beat...

Really classic. Like Pavlov's actual dog classic.

and, I'm saying this as FP, the poster, who is also a mod, can we stop with the assets talk?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Bolts' Season...

seinfeld.gif

knew803

Feb 10, 2009
Team sucks.... and the fact that they have driven me to pay 30 to 40 dollars a game in beer so I can get through watching them.... UGH!

really thinking of putting my seats up for sale for some of these games

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
It's been mentioned but its incredibly telling that our best players are consistently guys from the Crunch. When you constantly have guys from another program coming in and upstaging your mainstays. It's gonna raise some serious questions about what's going on in Tampa.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hmm. Well, I didn't see this game so I can't judge. If the next game turns out like this, with ****** shots and against a bad team, I'll be on the Fire Boucher train. This is getting ridiculous.

This team is better than this!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I hate to start posting negative garbage right out of the gate but they do not shoot enough at all. I was screaming at the tv all night. Bizarre passes and skating all around. The team is in a bad funk. Guy may have to be sacrificed.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
I'm done with the "Process". I'm watching for **** in the stands, Zion's appearances, Stamkos goals and Crunch Players performing.

This. I'll be at the game Saturday. With 7 of my IT coworkers. All Bolts fans. All pissed. It's been a long week. Our Data Center nearly melted today.

We are coming in hard and wet. We bought the cheapest seats we could find. Starting at Hattricks 'round 4:30.

**** it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Drop it with the Marty talk. I'll fight all of you.

Why? He's 37, im not saying trade Stamkos or Hedman who are our future. Marty is still productive but he could help the future more because the present isn't working.

The shot total was low but NY blocked 15 shots so that makes a huge difference.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Why? He's 37, im not saying trade Stamkos or Hedman who are our future. Marty is still productive but he could help the future more because the present isn't working.

The shot total was low but NY blocked 15 shots so that makes a huge difference.

And we blocked at least 12, so they still had far too many shots. And 15 blocks is probably a bit lower than the average per game for any team. We should be getting 30+ shots per game if we are truly a good offensive team. Getting the fluke 3 goals on 13 shots isn't going to happen every game.

daze

Feb 23, 2013
Florida
No playoffs. Time to see how many goals Stamkos can score in a 48-game season. The only thing I enjoyed about this game was watching Radko. That hip check was sweet. But overall, this team kinda sucks and I'm usually positive after games...

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
And we blocked at least 12, so they still had far too many shots. And 15 blocks is probably a bit lower than the average per game for any team. We should be getting 30+ shots per game if we are truly a good offensive team. Getting the fluke 3 goals on 13 shots isn't going to happen every game.

This. If you look at the Crunch in the AHL, they constantly outshoot their opponents. Almost every game recap that I read has them above in shots. With such offensive talent on the NHL club, it is unacceptable that they are constantly outshot. It ould even be OK, if they were winning games by shooting less, but when they've been losing game after game, the shot totals for TBL definitely need to increase.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Seth Jones will look good alongside Hedman, the only good thing in this team apparently this season

Gudas also was good IMO

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
This. If you look at the Crunch in the AHL, they constantly outshoot their opponents. Almost every game recap that I read has them above in shots. With such offensive talent on the NHL club, it is unacceptable that they are constantly outshot. It ould even be OK, if they were winning games by shooting less, but when they've been losing game after game, the shot totals for TBL definitely need to increase.

That's because the Crunch are coached not over coached. They are allowed to play a style that is offensive aggressive. There is no panic from Cooper, and like most hockey teams the lines are consistent creating a comfort zone for the players. In short the players are put in a position that best maximizes each of there individual skills. Not to mention TOI is for performance any NOTHING else.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
That's because the Crunch are coached not over coached. They are allowed to play a style that is offensive aggressive. There is no panic from Cooper, and like most hockey teams the lines are consistent creating a comfort zone for the players. In short the players are put in a position that best maximizes each of there individual skills. Not to mention TOI is for performance any NOTHING else.

Yes, lets pretend Cooper never, ever makes mistakes.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
This. I'll be at the game Saturday. With 7 of my IT coworkers. All Bolts fans. All pissed. It's been a long week. Our Data Center nearly melted today.

We are coming in hard and wet. We bought the cheapest seats we could find. Starting at Hattricks 'round 4:30.

**** it.

Nearly melted. Nearly.

But it didn't. Get back to work.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Islander fan here in peace, was at the game last night. Glad to see Hockey doing well here in Tampa and I loved the arena refurb. I came here 2 yrs when they were rebuilding the place but overall the experience is fun.

Good luck the rest of the way guys!!

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Islander fan here in peace, was at the game last night. Glad to see Hockey doing well here in Tampa and I loved the arena refurb. I came here 2 yrs when they were rebuilding the place but overall the experience is fun.

Good luck the rest of the way guys!!

awesome avatar

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Whoa, I never said he never makes mistakes. What I stated is a fact there is no panic in him. You seem to be a very patient guy, what in your words is wrong with this team ?

Come Still All In :nod: You did a Patrick Kaleta on me :naughty: you hit and ran. What is wrong with this team then :D

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Whoa, I never said he never makes mistakes. What I stated is a fact there is no panic in him. You seem to be a very patient guy, what in your words is wrong with this team ?

Honestly, I think it begins with the guys that skate around with letters on the shoulder. They're supposed to be the players that set examples for everyone else, and keep everyone accountable... and they're not.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Honestly, I think it begins with the guys that skate around with letters on the shoulder. They're supposed to be the players that set examples for everyone else, and keep everyone accountable... and they're not.

I get that but I really think that for the most part the effort is there. They just look defeated and confused out there, theres no accountability that I see. The fact of the matter like most things it's probably a little of both. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad