Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2016/2017 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #3 - 10/17/2016

vs
SJ: 2-0-0_______________NYR: 1-1-0

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, NHLNET, CSN-CA

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@SJ 3/19/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SHARKS.com
Larry Brooks - NYDN - Rangers Report - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

OCTOBER SCHEDULE:

octoberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Hutton was seeing the puck a lot, and I'm sure we had some shots.
But you've got to try and take away his eyes and make him uncomfortable a little bit more, and we could have.
- Ryan McDonagh

I’m sure that after looking at the tapes, we’ll see that there are things we could have done better, but I’m very happy with the effort we put forth.
Maybe we were a little bit too cute at times and could have done a better job bringing the puck to the net, but it certainly wasn’t from any lack of compete level.
So that’s definitely something positive to take away from this … and you know, their goaltender made some saves, too.
- Derek Stepan

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="SAN JOSE SHARKS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 2 | GA | 3
L | 0 | GF/G | 2.50
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 1.50
Pts | 4 | PIM/G | 4:00
HOME | 1-0-0 | PP% | 25.0
AWAY | 1-0-0 | PK% | 33.3
L10 | 2-0-0 | FO% | 45.7
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 0-0

Division | 1st
Conference | 2nd
League | 4th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Boedker, Ward | 1 Assists | Burns, Couture | 2 Points | Burns, Couture | 3 + / - | Boedker, Martin | +2 Shots | Brent Burns | 10 Hits | Tomas Hertl | 8 Blocks | Brent Burns | 6 PIM | Donskoi, Pavelski | 2 FO% | Joe Pavelski | 52.4 TOI/G F: | Joe Pavelski | 18:37 TOI/G D: | Brent Burns | 23:11

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
tomas HERTL | joe THORNOTON (A) | joe PAVELSKI (C)
mikkel BOEDKER | logan COUTURE (A) | joonas DONSKOI
patrick MARLEAU | chris TIERNEY | joel WARD
matt NIETO | tommy WINGELS | melker KARLSSON

LD | RD
paul MARTIN | brent BURNS
marc VLASIC | justin BRAUN
brenden DILLON | david SCHLEMKO

Scratched
micheal HALEY |
ryan CARPENTER |
david DEMELO

STARTING GOALIE:

Jones-Martin.png

Martin Jones

GPI: 2 | W: 2 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .940 | GAA: 1.50 | SA: 50 | GA: 3 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 2 | GF | 7
W | 1 | GA | 6
L | 1 | GF/G | 3.50
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 2 | PIM/G | 8:00
HOME | 1-0-0 | PP% | 14.3
AWAY | 0-1-0 | PK% | 87.5
L10 | 1-1-0 | FO% | 54.5
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 0-0

Division | 4th
Conference | 10th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Chris Kreider | 2 Assists | Mika Zibanejad | 3 Points | Kreider, Zibs | 4 + / - | Jesper Fast | +2 Shots | Chris Kreider | 14 Hits | Chris Kreider | 8 Blocks | Derek Stepan | 4 PIM | Kreider, Skjei | 2 FO% | Mika Zibanejad | 63.8 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:57 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 26:39

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
jimmy VESEY | derek STEPAN (A) | mats ZUCCARELLO
chris KREIDER | mika ZIBANEJAD | rick NASH (A)
j.t. MILLER | kevin HAYES | jesper FAST
mike GRABNER | brandon PIRRI | josh JOORIS

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH (C) | nick HOLDEN
marc STAAL (A) | adam CLENDENING
brady SKJEI | dylan MCILRATH

Scratched
kevin KLEIN |

STARTING GOALIE:

Raanta-Antti.png

Antti Raanta

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SA: 0 | GA: 0 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Pavel Buchnevich | Back (DTD)
Dan Girardi | Groin (DTD)
Oscar Lindberg | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys5.png

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Cool, put 'born to be a 4th liner' Fast on the 3rd line, and keep Pirri with better offensive skills on the 4th line. You cannot make this up.

if Pirri were more than 1/2 an NHL player,
he wouldn't have bounced around, or been signable for $1.1M.

He cannot be relied on for too much ice time.

The Fast assignment is smart.
yeah, his 'O' stats may not help a fantasy team too much

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Right, a player with less offensive skill is the smart move as opposed to putting a player who likely has a better chance to capitalize on offensive opportunities. The better defensive player shouldn't be on the line more likely to get defensive zone starts, where the defensive deficiencies of the better offensive player are more likely to get exploited. Got it.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lol. av is such a clown.

that defense !! ugh.

jesper fast becomes a top 9 winger and gets to play with kevin spicoli. sheesh.

nick rash brings his clown show north to play with the big boys and instantly transforms that line from exciting to 2 guys with skills and a guy who plays hard defense.

exactly why must av continue to try to diffibulate nash and then leave pirri to die on the 4th line ?

pirri with zman and ck is a match made in heaven. while fast on the 4th line is exactly where he belongs.

i do think nash needs to get away from spicoli. steps seems the logical choice so that means av won't do it.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
lol. av is such a clown.

mcilrath nyr career continues to be on life support. starting to feel bad for the kid. his attitude is gonna take a hit. if im his agent, im insisting on a trade.

jesper fast becomes a top 9 winger and gets to play with kevin spicoli. sheesh.

nick rash brings his clown show north to play with the big boys and instantly transforms that line from exciting to 2 guys with skills and a guy who plays hard defense.

exactly why must av continue to try to diffibulate nash and then leave pirri to die on the 4th line ?

pirri with zman and ck is a match made in heaven. while fast on the 4th line is exactly where he belongs.

i do think nash needs to get away from spicoli. steps seems the logical choice so that means av won't do it.

Remember, it's Fast hate, not the disdain for AV's deployment of him. Much easier to dismiss the argument that way.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

this is such bunk. this kid had bounced do to cap concerns and injuries as much or more than any holes in his game.

he's plenty good enough defensively to get by and his shot and ability to finish out weighs whatever defensive shortcomings he has.

his 5v5 numbers are pretty strong over his career. this was a smart signing and so far, he's been terrific.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
At this point, I think both Nash and Zucc need to be with Stepan. However, I also think Vesey needs to be in Step's LW. One of them should be moved. I'd prefer it to be Nash, but whatever brings back the best RHD works for me. Put Pirri with Miller and Hayes, and move on.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Klein hasn't practiced with the team since oct 8th id be surprised if he's ready to go tonight. Did someone say he's back in?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No one including me personally hates then kid grow up people seriously.

However I have a hard time seeing why he's in an everyday NHL lineup. He is hurting the team and the coach is too dumb or to loyal to see it. That I HATE. That pietrangelo goal that makes a game were dominating 3-1 and basically out of reach is as bad a job pking as a forward can do. Clear as day who's fault it was and yet he's out there. This is a team that finished 26th on PK with Fast being a top guy every night.

Terrible offensively terrible on the PK why is he in the lineup? especially on a team this deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad