Injury Report: 3/1 Clowe playing injured

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
a mental injury ... dude needs to meditate or something to relieve some of that tension/anger

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
a mental injury ... dude needs to meditate or something to relieve some of that tension/anger

Yeah but knowing Clowe he'd still take it too far to the point where he shaves his head and refuses to body check or do anything physical because violence is not the path to enlightenment or something.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Probably a foot or knee...yet hes still faster than Pavs :laugh:

Don't you guys find that alarming? I know Pavs was never an elite skater, but he can't be slower than a 30 year old Clowe.

I'm personally worried about Pavs at this point. Much more worried than Burns or Clowe. Pavs better be playing injured as well.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Why would you put someone on the shootout knowing they can't give it 100%. Even if it's not completely related to the actions being made during the shootout, it could still have an effect.

I wonder if his injury is preventing him from going backhand high.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Why would you put someone on the shootout knowing they can't give it 100%. Even if it's not completely related to the actions being made during the shootout, it could still have an effect.

I wonder if his injury is preventing him from going backhand high.

One name, one time: Vesa Toskala, 2006-2007...

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Just sounds like an excuse to give his poor play a pass. I don't buy it, and even if it's true, then that's even more of a knock against the staff who dresses him while he's hurt.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Just sounds like an excuse to give his poor play a pass. I don't buy it, and even if it's true, then that's even more of a knock against the staff who dresses him while he's hurt.

yea, kind of feels like the GM is covering for him. This is why players like playing for him, even when they can't play.

ieglover

Mar 19, 2006
If he really is hurt, he probably did it getting into one of those moronic fights.

Back when he was thought of as a 2nd liner, he would lose his cool and go after some scrub 4th liner that plays 7 minutes a game and take himself out of the game for 5 minutes.

Some team is going to offer him 3 million/year this summer and it better not be the sharks.

NWShark*

If he really is hurt, he probably did it getting into one of those moronic fights.

Back when he was thought of as a 2nd liner, he would lose his cool and go after some scrub 4th liner that plays 7 minutes a game and take himself out of the game for 5 minutes.

Some team is going to offer him 3 million/year this summer and it better not be the sharks.

As much as I love Clowe I have to agree. Even at league minimum he just doesn't fit on this team anymore. Too many slow players to keep him on. He only fits if Handzus, Pavs and Thornton get traded IMO...

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Here comes the excuses.. I don't want to hear it, you only hear about this stuff when a guy is playing like ****.. maybe he shouldn't be playing then.

If you're on the ice, you're not "injured" and can be criticized for your play.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Im sick of the excuses, every team has guys playing injured and if it hampers his play this much, then ****ing sit him. That obviously isnt the case so that means it aint ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad