Value of: 2nd Line Winger to Minnesota

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who is expected to be available this summer in terms of second line players and what would their cost be? Looking for someone to play with Rossi and Zucc on the second line.

Expected Untouchables: Kaprizov, Faber, Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov and Wallstedt.

Assets Available: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, prospects, Middleton, Chisholm, Gustavsson, Spurgeon, etc

The Wild lineup as it sits for next year:

Kap-Ek-Boldy
XXXX-Rossi-Zucc
Foligno-Khusnutdinov-Hartman
Lettieri-Gaudreau-XXXX

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian

Gus
Wallstedt
(MAF might come back)

The second line guy could be Yurov. It absolutely cannot, under any circumstance, be Marcus Johansson. I'm pretending he doesn't exist.

Let's hear some options and values.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Who is expected to be available this summer in terms of second line players and what would their cost be? Looking for someone to play with Rossi and Zucc on the second line.

Expected Untouchables: Kaprizov, Faber, Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov and Wallstedt.

Assets Available: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, prospects, Middleton, Chisholm, Gustavsson, Spurgeon, etc

The Wild lineup as it sits for next year:

Kap-Ek-Boldy
XXXX-Rossi-Zucc
Foligno-Khusnutdinov-Hartman
Lettieri-Gaudreau-XXXX

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian

Gus
Wallstedt
(MAF might come back)

The second line guy could be Yurov. It absolutely cannot, under any circumstance, be Marcus Johansson. I'm pretending he doesn't exist.

Let's hear some options and values.
- You want to piss off Yurov some more? I rather he comes over before wild make any moves.
- He already didn’t come over because he was afraid of not having a spot in the lineup. My big big fear, he will not come over if he thinks he has to compete and or doesn’t see a spot.

- Yes He could finally be our 1 or 2c person but if he’s not? There needs to be a winger role available for him

-Where does Liam Ohgren who Minnesota spent 1st round pick on plays?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
On the circumstance that we move him, what might you offer for Necas in a hockey trade?

Mostly curiosity on my part, trying to gauge his market. Probably not real interested in futures or picks though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
On the circumstance that we move him, what might you offer for Necas in a hockey trade?

Mostly curiosity on my part, trying to gauge his market. Probably not real interested in futures or picks though.

Okay then...Middleton? Chisholm? Zuccarello? Foligno? Any combination of some or all of them?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Rossi isn’t untouchable

Konecny, Necas, Keller (maybe he wants out of org with the relocation) I would unload the chamber for.

Marchenko, Farabee, Sharangovich, Newhook are guys I would inquire about

Batherson / Schmaltz / Pinto I would see what the ask is

Reactions: BernieParent

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023

I'd mentioned the idea of a trade for Necas centered around Marco Rossi to the Wild board a few weeks ago and there wasnt a lot of enthusiasm for it. The two reasons seemed to be:

1.) People didnt think Necas was really available. Maybe he isnt but someone is getting voted off the island in Carolina and Marty makes sense.

2.) People didnt want to trade Rossi generally which I get but Necas is clearly the better player right now and more importantly has a skillset that's less redundant with the Wild's other forwards. Rossi is a sturdy fireplug of a player but the Wild are like the shortest team in the league.

Rossi + 1st in 2026 or later would be my offer. Another NHL ready player of value would make more sense to package with Rossi rather than the 1st but dont think there's anyone else available that the Canes would want. Rossi + Middleton would make a lot of sense for the Canes but dont think that could happen bc it would create a hole that would mean a definite tank season next year which they just wont do (even if it makes sense).

After Rossi the next closest NHL ready player that could be available I would guess would be Liam Ohgren but doesnt really make sense as the skillset and upside is (at best) fairly similar to Necas anyway but without any of the certainty of the established NHL player in Necas. Wouldnt make sense for either side imo.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Zegras, Terry are also probably not on the move but I’d make a call
Terry for sure isnt available. You dont make a 7 year commitment to a player and then turn around and trade him. He's going to be a Duck for a long time and good for them bc he's a damn good player.

Meanwhile Zegras only got a bridge from the Ducks. Not much of a commitment and lots of rumors out there on him. I think he can make sense for the right team but I dont think that team is the Wild. Maybe even the Canes? (altho a trade for Necas centered around Zegras would be a steal for the Ducks).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd mentioned the idea of a trade for Necas centered around Marco Rossi to the Wild board a few weeks ago and there wasnt a lot of enthusiasm for it. The two reasons seemed to be:

1.) People didnt think Necas was really available. Maybe he isnt but someone is getting voted off the island in Carolina and Marty makes sense.

2.) People didnt want to trade Rossi generally which I get but Necas is clearly the better player right now and more importantly has a skillset that's less redundant with the Wild's other forwards. Rossi is a sturdy fireplug of a player but the Wild are like the shortest team in the league.

Rossi + 1st in 2026 or later would be my offer. Another NHL ready player of value would make more sense to package with Rossi rather than the 1st but dont think there's anyone else available that the Canes would want. Rossi + Middleton would make a lot of sense for the Canes but dont think that could happen bc it would create a hole that would mean a definite tank season next year which they just wont do (even if it makes sense).

After Rossi the next closest NHL ready player that could be available I would guess would be Liam Ohgren but doesnt really make sense as the skillset and upside is (at best) fairly similar to Necas anyway but without any of the certainty of the established NHL player in Necas. Wouldnt make sense for either side imo.

What's your plan for 2C? Gaudreau?

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Rossi isn’t untouchable

Konecny, Necas, Keller (maybe he wants out of org with the relocation) I would unload the chamber for.

I can't imagine Newhook is available

Reactions: Jared Dunn

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yurov eventually. Necas and/or a patchwork of whatever to get thru the year if this was to go down

Necas isn't a center and we have no idea if Yurov can be long term.

It's always better to have more centers than you need, I'm not sure why we're in a hurry to trade Rossi.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Necas isn't a center and we have no idea if Yurov can be long term.

It's always better to have more centers than you need, I'm not sure why we're in a hurry to trade Rossi.
Necas can play center. He's a much better wing but he can play center.

Its not like Rossi is a dynamic 1C right now either and hasnt shown the ability to be that since he was playing easy mode in the CHL. I watched his games in the AHL and he looked a lot like he has in the NHL so far which has been good but I havent seen the high end playmaking. So, personallly, I'm just really leaning towards him being another 2C.

Given his size, skillset, and what the rest of the forward core looks like going forward, I'm personally ready to move on from him for something that fits better but I understand why other people dont want to.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Necas can play center. He's a much better wing but he can play center.

Its not like Rossi is a dynamic 1C right now either and hasnt shown the ability to be that since he was playing easy mode in the CHL. I watched his games in the AHL and he looked a lot like he has in the NHL so far which has been good but I havent seen the high end playmaking. So, personallly, I'm just really leaning towards him being another 2C.

Given his size, skillset, and what the rest of the forward core looks like going forward, I'm personally ready to move on from him for something that fits better but I understand why other people dont want to.
Eriksson ek is Minnesota 1C, followed by Rossi as 2c. Just like Minnesota had to ma make room for Marat K, they have to convince convince Danila Yurov to come. That is what Minnesota has to be careful of with any move not to piss off Danila so he won’t come

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Eriksson ek is Minnesota 1C, followed by Rossi as 2c. Just like Minnesota had to ma make room for Marat K, they have to convince convince Danila Yurov to come. That is what Minnesota has to be careful of with any move not to piss off Danila so he won’t come
They will not hinge their moves on whether or not it arises an emotion from Yurov.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Not making any kind of comment on Ek. Just saying I lean toward seeing Rossi as topping out as something like a Granlund comparable but with a bit less playmaking and bit more scoring from net front tips and generally being a bit more willing to shoot than Mikael was.

As AKL says, having solid center depth of this kind is a very good thing to have but right now I just really value finding ways to add a player with more size and speed (without compromising one to get the other) to the top 6. Its definitely a high risk / high reward idea so I understand people not being on board with it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers might be willing to trade Farabee for scraps because he's not a Torts guy.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Rossi isn’t untouchable

I think both of these guys are less likely if the Coyotes move. Schmaltz is 100% moved if they remain in Arizona due to his contract and probably won't be crazy expensive

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Always thought Bertuzzi is a Guerin type of player.

How much capspace is Minny working with this offseason?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad