#2C or not #2C - that is the question

Who are the Avs going to trade for to be their #2C ???

• "The Ultimate Mentor" Boone Jennor

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Jack "#3C probably even #3RW" Roslovic

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • "Past Due" Adam Henrique

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Casey "My BMI is acceptable" Mittelstadt

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dylan "Probably not available" Cozens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tage "Surely not available" Thompson

• Brock "Ha-Ha" Nelson

• "No D" Trevor Zegras

• "Cold Wheels" Morgan Frost

• Alex "Meh" Wennberg

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Shane "Draft Kings" Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomas "The Contract is a Hurdle" Hertl

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Noah Tussey (https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=224620)

• Other

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Should add Granlund, the Avs love making trades with the Sharks

But the most likely answer is that they will stick with RyJo and waste another year

Reactions: The Moops

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Should add Granlund, the Avs love making trades with the Sharks

But the most likely answer is that they will stick with RyJo and waste another year
Granlund is cooked. If they've watched him at all, they'd know that. Unless they want to go back to making trades with the Sharks and maybe even extending the player they acquired before he's even played a game?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

CMac weighing the options until 1 minute before the deadline and then does a panic AHL deal.

"We believe this group can get it done, and we might see Landy in the next 3 years at some point so no need wasting 1st round picks that we'll squander for sure"

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'd have to say it's either going to be incredibly underwhelming, a winger they hope can play C, or they balk at the prices.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I swear to god if Johansen decides to start heating up now and convinces the front office that maybe he can actually be a good middle six center so that they don't have to aggressively acquire one, only for it all to collapse come playoffs, he'll rapidly become amongst my least favorite Avs all time.

Anyways, assuming they do actually acquire someone, I think it'll be Alex Wennberg. The guys running the organization are familiar with him, and he won't cost the farm. They'll be in on the bidding for Henrique but unless they're aggressive about it I think too many other contenders will be angling for him as the ideal flexible third line center/winger. A team like Edmonton makes more sense for Henrique than us anyways.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't think Cmac will trade for a 2C. He's incompetent and I have no faith in him.

I voted Boone because he's the one I want. With 50% retention we'd have all the flexibility in the world.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Pens are saying they’ll trade everyone outside their core players.

Just get Crosby

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I swear to god if Johansen decides to start heating up now and convinces the front office that maybe he can actually be a good middle six center so that they don't have to aggressively acquire one, only for it all to collapse come playoffs, he'll rapidly become amongst my least favorite Avs all time.

Anyways, assuming they do actually acquire someone, I think it'll be Alex Wennberg. The guys running the organization are familiar with him, and he won't cost the farm. They'll be in on the bidding for Henrique but unless they're aggressive about it I think too many other contenders will be angling for him as the ideal flexible third line center/winger. A team like Edmonton makes more sense for Henrique than us anyways.

Compher scarred you?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Frost/Roslovic/Wennberg is probably where this is headed. Whoever is willing to pay for their flight to Denver is likely the deal CM will accept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad