29th Overall Pick, Centre Brendan Brisson

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
After playing six games for the USHL’s Green Bay Gamblers in 2018-19, Shattuck St. Mary’s product Brendan Brisson joined the Chicago Steel for his draft season. It was a dominant season for the Steel, going 41-7-1. The Steel were in first place and were crowned league champions when the season was cancelled due to COVID-19. Brisson scored 24 goals and 35 assists for 59 points in 45 games. Steel was named USHL Rookie of the Year, a part of the USHL All-Rookie Team, and part of the USHL 1st All-Star Team.

Steel also played at the World Junior A Challenge, where he scored five goals and seven assists for 12 points in just six tournament games. He helped Team USA to a silver medal in the tournament and was part of the tournament all-star team. Brisson is the son of former QMJHL player and current NHL super-agent Pat Brisson. He is committed to playing NCAA Division 1 hockey at the University of Michigan next season. A dual Canadian/American citizen, Brisson can still choose which country to play for as he has not appeared in any IIHF tournaments, however, the WJAC might be an indication that he’s leaning towards playing for the United States.

Brendan Brisson Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #26

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
His dad represents Marchessault and Roy as a player agent, and used to rep Pacioretty before he fired him. o_O

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
I like this pick more and more every minute even though as an European I would have been totally fine also with Gunler, Khusnutdinov or Peterka. I hoped a player who can shoot and apparently Brisson has great one-timer. Right-handed shooter Gunler was maybe my favourite but left-handed Brisson is OK too. A couple of seasons and he will replace Pacioretty on the powerplay as a one-timer threat on the right side. Theodore and Stone will feed him, imagine that.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
"This year" he's a "freshman" at the University of Michigan. Assigned #17.

Has both Twitter and IG accounts.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Speed and more of a scorer than players they've drafted before. I like it.

I wouldn't call him a speed demon, but he looks to be in the mold of Cammalieri if he develops his shot, or Tanguay if he becomes more of a playmaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad