GDT: 29|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers|7:30PM EST|Long live the villain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
pittsburgh_penguins.png
new_york_rangers.png

RANGERS (14-10-2) at PENGUINS (15-10-3)
7:30 p.m. ET; NBCSN, SN, ATTSN-PT, MSG, NHL.TV

The Game

The Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers each hope to remain hot when they play at PPG Paints Arena on Tuesday.

After losing three straight games (0-3-0) from Nov. 18-24, the Penguins have won their past four entering their second game of a season-long five-game homestand. Pittsburgh outscored the Buffalo Sabres 9-1 in a two-game home-and-home series on Dec. 1 and Dec. 2.

The Rangers have won five of their past six games (5-1-0) and 10 of their past 13 (10-3-0). Goalie Henrik Lundqvist has helped that surge by allowing nine goals in his past five games (4-0-0).

Pittsburgh defeated New York 5-4 in overtime at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 17

Boring Quotes

"If we're not on top of our game in all facets, both defensively and offensively, they can make us look real bad." -- Alain Vigneault

"All the way from Lundqvist out, [the Rangers] are well built. They have a lot of good players. It's certainly going to be a challenge." -- Ian Cole

Rangers at Penguins preview

Rangers projected lineup

Chris Kreider -- David Desharnais -- Pavel Buchnevich
Jimmy Vesey -- Kevin Hayes -- Rick Nash
Michael Grabner -- J.T. Miller -- Mats Zuccarello
Paul Carey -- Boo Nieves -- Jesper Fast

Ryan McDonagh -- Nick Holden
Brady Skjei -- Kevin Shattenkirk
Marc Staal -- Brendan Smith

Henrik Lundqvist
Ondrej Pavelec

Scratched: Steven Kampfer
Injured: Mika Zibanejad (concussion)

Penguins projected lineup

Conor Sheary -- Sidney Crosby -- Patric Hornqvist
Jake Guentzel -- Evgeni Malkin -- Phil Kessel
Carl Hagelin -- Riley Sheahan -- Bryan Rust
Tom Kuhnhackl -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Olli Maatta -- Matt Hunwick
Ian Cole -- Justin Schultz

Tristan Jarry
Casey DeSmith

Scratched: Greg McKegg, Chad Ruhwedel
Injured: Matt Murray (lower body)

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Metro games are basically must win at the moment!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Whenever you feel disappointed that we don't have a better 3rd line center, just remember that David Desharnais is centering NYR's 1st line.

Seriously though, good on him for overcoming my crushing criticism and putting up some points and a great FO% early on here. pixies, wherever you are, you were right about him being a legitimate option for his price tag.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Whenever you feel disappointed that we don't have a better 3rd line center, just remember that David Desharnais is centering NYR's 1st line.

Seriously though, good on him for overcoming my crushing criticism and putting up some points and a great FO% early on here. pixies, wherever you are, you were right about him being a legitimate option for his price tag.

:hockey:

Honestly, I think Sheahan is a better player for what we need than Desharnais.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017

Desharnais went from a healthy scratch to top line because what's his name Zib has a concussion.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ohhh..you say Pavelec is in goal??

Burn baby, burn! Gotham won't survive The Penguin, tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad