Prospect Info: #29 Overall - Trent Frederic

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hoping he comes off the WJC and has a solid 2nd half for Wisconsin. Isn't have as good of a statistical year as last year, but I can't comment on his play. Have you been able to watch him regularly this year? How's he doing?
Easily the best forward on the badgers. Hell of a shot. Pretty good vision. Solid on defense. He’s the only one that consistently wins faceoffs for them. He’s had a passenger on his line since forever it seems because Granato wanted to balance the lines. Completely backfired.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I expected his points to go down this year with Kunin leaving but he's playing the same solid, dependable game.

The Badgers were also missing their best D, Leaf's prospect JD Greenway, who only just started playing again 4 games ago. Personal Issue is all that is reported so some think it was academics that he needed to fix to be allowed to play again. It's probably not family since Jordan Greenway has been playing all year at BU.

If Trent returns for his Junior season, he will have a lot more high end help. Two potential 1st rounders, Sampo Ranta and K'Andre Miller, are committed to Wisconsin. I would love to see Ranta on Frederic's LW.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If Trent returns for his Junior season, he will have a lot more high end help. Two potential 1st rounders, Sampo Ranta and K'Andre Miller, are committed to Wisconsin. I would love to see Ranta on Frederic's LW.

i'd imagine frederic will turn pro once wisconsin's season ends. he's probably not too far from NHL duty, so getting
situated in providence for a few weeks will give him a leg up for next fall.

Reactions: PB37 and 00BW

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I can't wait until this guy's officially a Bruin. I was excited when I first saw him drafted. Here's to hoping we have the second incarnation of David Backes on our hands, coming up the prospect pipeline in a few years!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can't wait until this guy's officially a Bruin. I was excited when I first saw him drafted. Here's to hoping we have the second incarnation of David Backes on our hands, coming up the prospect pipeline in a few years!

He's a guy that can go professional, and progress in the minors slowly because he doesn't need to be rushed.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Pretty hilarious that Frederic, the player of the game for USA, had 14 minutes of ice time. Why not at the very least give the kid top line minutes in garbage time and let him break the record? He was one of the main reason it was a blowout.

Anyways, I think Frederic could play in the NHL today. He's a very smart and well rounded player. Heinen-Frederic-Backes line at the end of the season maybe???:naughty:
I think when his time comes he's gonna look real good on a line with Backes for a while. they will be a lot to handle for any D pair.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
He's a guy that can go professional, and progress in the minors slowly because he doesn't need to be rushed.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to see him rushed; I know we're already getting quite a treat with Jake, Charlie, and Dante all playing older than they really are. I dunno if Trent would continue that trend.

I DO know it's getting hard to NOT be excited for this kid to play in the NHL!

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I expected his points to go down this year with Kunin leaving but he's playing the same solid, dependable game.

The Badgers were also missing their best D, Leaf's prospect JD Greenway, who only just started playing again 4 games ago. Personal Issue is all that is reported so some think it was academics that he needed to fix to be allowed to play again. It's probably not family since Jordan Greenway has been playing all year at BU.

I would disagree with this. Kalynuk has distanced himself from the rest.

Reactions: 00BW

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to see him rushed; I know we're already getting quite a treat with Jake, Charlie, and Dante all playing older than they really are. I dunno if Trent would continue that trend.

I DO know it's getting hard to NOT be excited for this kid to play in the NHL!

the greatest luxury the B`s appear to now have is they do not need to rush/force a kid through. The way this team is currently going, and I`ll hazard a guess will continue to go moving forward (well, perhaps not at this torrid pace but..) they can take the time to methodically develop these kids in Providence

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I'd let him cook at UW for a couple more years. Become captain of the Badgers probably next year, maybe win a Hobey Baker in his Junior or Senior year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd let him cook at UW for a couple more years. Become captain of the Badgers probably next year, maybe win a Hobey Baker in his Junior or Senior year.

I have to go with DKH on this. There is a lot of downside to leaving him out at UW for a couple more years.

There is a lot of value for Boston getting him into their system sooner. Give him a chance to develop with the pro coaching, and pro strength training staff. Plus while Boston can scout him at Wicy there are still questions about what he can become. When you are working with a player everyday and are able to guide his development, you really do pretty quickly gain a much better understanding of what the player can become.

this allows the team to be able to make better decision about the future of the lineup. Will he end up a C at the NHL level or would he be better suited as a Wing. Of course it also helps him develop against the speed and power of the pro game

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I have to go with DKH on this. There is a lot of downside to leaving him out at UW for a couple more years.

There is a lot of value for Boston getting him into their system sooner. Give him a chance to develop with the pro coaching, and pro strength training staff. Plus while Boston can scout him at Wicy there are still questions about what he can become. When you are working with a player everyday and are able to guide his development, you really do pretty quickly gain a much better understanding of what the player can become.

this allows the team to be able to make better decision about the future of the lineup. Will he end up a C at the NHL level or would he be better suited as a Wing. Of course it also helps him develop against the speed and power of the pro game

Agree with both of you guys. I also don't think there's much left for him to prove at Wisconsin. They're a good team, but not realistically a championship contender. Sure, he could win the Hobey Baker but honestly; who cares? Would much rather get him into Providence and let him battle for the likely vacant 3C job next season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Then he can wait 2 months and sign with anyone

Personally, I think there would be zero chance of this happening. Frederic seems all in with the B’s. That being said, I think there is already a handshake agreement in place for him to sign after this college season. His development appears to be on track, no reason for him to not start his Pro career this Spring.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is there a future line combo you don’t have Cehlarik slotted in on?

I think this is the way I would go:

Marchand-Bergeron-Cehlarik
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta
Heinen-Backes-Cehlarik
Cehlarik-Nash-Acciari

:laugh:

Some fans may be very upset if Cehlarik is the forward the Bruins use in a deal to acquire an upgrade at forward/defense.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Some fans may be very upset if Cehlarik is the forward the Bruins use in a deal to acquire an upgrade at forward/defense.

I can understand this sentiment. I would be pretty upset if either of my “boys”, Heinen or Frederic (whose thread this is lol), were dealt.

I think Cehlarik will be an NHL player, but the B’s are going to have to move some kids at some point. There is just isn’t enough room at the inn.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I can understand this sentiment. I would be pretty upset if either of my “boys”, Heinen or Frederic (whose thread this is lol), were dealt.

I think Cehlarik will be an NHL player, but the B’s are going to have to move some kids at some point. There is just isn’t enough room at the inn.

I think that's why I've tried to not get too attached to any of these young kids. We basically have room for 1 center and 1 RW in the top 9. We have about 4 LWs, 3Cs, and 3 RWs fighting for those position.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think that's why I've tried to not get too attached to any of these young kids. We basically have room for 1 center and 1 RW in the top 9. We have about 4 LWs, 3Cs, and 3 RWs fighting for those position.

Yes and no.

Things can change real quick. At the beginning of last season, I would have said that Beleskey would be a fixture in the Top 9 and look how that has gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad