News Article: 25 Years Ago Mogilny Traded to Vancouver

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
NHL History: 25 years ago today, Vancouver Canucks acquire Alexander Mogilny

I missed the article when it came out, but considering the Eichel discussion I thought it was appropriate.

One of the biggest acquisitions in Vancouver Canucks history happened 25 years ago today. It was at that draft in Edmonton that the team acquired Alexander Mogilny.

Mogilny was acquired along with a 1995 5th round pick (Todd Norman) in exchange for Michael Peca, Mike Wilson and Vancouver’s 1st round pick in 1995, used to select Jay McKee.

The Sabres went to the playoffs in Peca's second season. But unless Ullmark and UPL become Hasekian they'd have a much longer wait if they made a deal like this with Eichel.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
He was traded to Florida for Rhett Warrener and a 5th round pick. The pick was used to select Ryan Miller. Warrener would have been plenty. lol

Yea. I knew he was a steal for us. I just didn’t remember what the trade was. I was thinking him for Barnes and Woolley, but that was wrong. Even tho both ended up on Buffalo.

Warrener and Miller is a better return :laugh:.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
On the flipside. Anyone realize now how good of a GM Muckler was? And that if it wasn't for Nolan's backstabbing, he might have had the tenor Regier had.

Think of the Teams that Muckler helped build in Ottawa afterward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad