23/24 Between Game Chatter

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Do you guys suppose we may see another production run of winter classic jerseys?

I do see some authentics available out there but always the same three players (and often the price is higher) Would really like a Dunn or Larsson.
I have an authentic Beniers, and I like Matty, but as you say it’d be nice to have some variety available.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I have an authentic Beniers, and I like Matty, but as you say it’d be nice to have some variety available.

Yes and I'm kicking myself for not snagging one in the months before the WC instead of after it. It really grew on me. The places I've been checking periodically (besides Dicks) are sportsk and hockey authentic btw, the few jerseys I have are from those and they were well done.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Yes and I'm kicking myself for not snagging one in the months before the WC instead of after it. It really grew on me. The places I've been checking periodically (besides Dicks) are sportsk and hockey authentic btw, the few jerseys I have are from those and they were well done.
I got mine from Dick’s, and I was lucky, as it was very post-WC and the only one in my size.

Reactions: sigma six

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Pleasantly surprised by this Schwartz/Wright/Eberle experiment and wonder what the chances are we see it as the 2nd line next season.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
OK I'll admit it...

I hope they lose out.

I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Much as I dislike losing, it's probably for the best this year. Drafting high end talent is The Way to win cups in the post cap era and it took me many years to accept that. Kinda wish Francis had been a more dedicated seller if anything, once we effectively lost Dunn for the year.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Did I miss the GDT for yesterday’s Dallas loss or did we collectively apathy our way through it?

Box score observations…

Dunn sat, Evans paired with Larsson.

Burakovsky / Beniers / Eberle line led forwards but were ineffective 5v5. Feels like Burakovsky has struggled to find chemistry with Beniers generally speaking.

Gru started, .900 sv%

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I check the highlights afterward, but I’ve disengaged from watching the games. I don’t like cheering for losses, but losing out is essential to this team’s fortunes, I agree.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I check the highlights afterward, but I’ve disengaged from watching the games. I don’t like cheering for losses, but losing out is essential to this team’s fortunes, I agree.
Same here, brother. I know I was far unhappier about the TDL than a fair few of the rest of you, but I think that's about the point where I tapped out for the remainder of this one and switched to highlights/boxscores. The battle for that 8th spot in the East is kind of interesting, I guess.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Damn. Hope he stays

Same. I am a big fan but it is what it is. If he does, all I hope is that we dont get homer as a replacement.

Well, the Bruins job is pretty prestigious and he's from that area,

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, given that opportunity, and he's also done his part to start off this franchise.

All I hope for is that his replacement, if he does go, won't be another Olczyk...:joker:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I do think most Seattle sports teams commentators have been pretty decent- Raible, Niehaus and the current Mariners ones, Kevin Calabro, Bob Rondeau, even the Sounders at points had a good one with Arlo White.

It can make a difference to how you watch. Bad ones make you want to immediately mute and I felt that way with a couple of Sounders ones including Casey Keller.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Has there been talk of Forslund leaving? I don’t social media really outside of a couple very niche forums like this, so I haven’t heard anything, but the thought of that makes me very unhappy.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
the whole Forslund leaving rumor was started by a leafs fan's blog site.
I posted in the other thread but it sounds like the kraken are leaving root sports to go it alone or to a local channel like fox 13. I wonder if that means they keep everyone or what. Guess it depends on their budget.

I'm buzzing about it though, root sucks and was a bad way to build a viewership for a new team. Chased the money

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Goodbye ROOT! Hello TENGA!

Pretty good result with all games over the air now with local stations in Seattle, Portland and SPokane for now (with more to come) and streaming via Amazon Prime locally (like what they did with Sounders in prior years). Win Win!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad