Confirmed with Link: 23-24 AHL deals: Kinal, Vincent, Frisch, MacEachern, Marek, Warm, Cassels, Rau, Bellerive; Duganne (Bailey, Kaspick)

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
All five of the guys listed in the title came straight out of NCAA, too. There's been a definite focus on getting guys out of college for these AHL contracts this time around.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
All five of the guys listed in the title came straight out of NCAA, too. There's been a definite focus on getting guys out of college for these AHL contracts this time around.
Just in general Grier likes the college guys. Not really suprising given most of the scouts he hired also had a focus in that area

• Wow

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I was trying to remember why Beck Warm sounded familiar to me, and I realized that I gave him four years with the Sharks and Barracuda from 2022 to 2026. He wasn't much good but won a Stanley Cup as a backup for the 2031 Capitals, defeating the Sharks.

In reality, though, I think he's in Wichita all year.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

I remember Canucks fans thinking they had the next Bergeron after he shut down McDavid in that series. Anyway looks like he's a solid AHL scorer.

Gushchin - Bordeleau - Robins
Peterson - Cassels - Wiesblatt
Raska - Carpenter - Coe
Sabourin - Todd - Cardwell

Thrun - Gawanke
Mukhamadullin - Okhotyuk
Pulli - Cicek

Makiniemi
Chrona

Could the Barracuda actually be good this season?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Another veteran forward is a good thing for this team.

McCarthy's going to have a lot of pieces to work with. There's still a couple free agents floating out there that I wouldn't mind taking an AHL flier on, but we really could have some depth as it is.

edit: After reading up on him a little more, I think I get the logic. Someone who can potentially add to the scoring, but also a signing to replace Suess/Johnson, two of our main penalty killers from last year I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskanice

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
I remember Canucks fans thinking they had the next Bergeron after he shut down McDavid in that series. Anyway looks like he's a solid AHL scorer.

Gushchin - Bordeleau - Robins
Peterson - Cassels - Wiesblatt
Raska - Carpenter - Coe
Sabourin - Todd - Cardwell

Thrun - Gawanke
Mukhamadullin - Okhotyuk
Pulli - Cicek

Makiniemi
Chrona

Could the Barracuda actually be good this season?
First line is too soft and has lack of defense. I would put Carpenter with Bordeleau.

Gushchin - Bordeleau - Carpenter
Peterson - Robins - Wiesblatt
Raska/Sabourin - Todd - Coe
Sabourin/Raska - Cassels - Cardwell
(Vincent, Marek, MacEachern, Russel)

Thrun - Gawanke (Simek/Knyzhov if Gawanke will deserve to play in main team)
Mukhamadullin - MacDonald
Okhotyuk - Cicek (LD, but can play RD?)
(Pulli, Guryev, Kinal - lefties, Frisch - righty)

Makiniemi
Chrona

IMHO, defense looks like the best part of team. Goalies are kinda mysterious. Forward`s line is OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
First line is too soft and has lack of defense. I would put Carpenter with Bordeleau.

Gushchin - Bordeleau - Carpenter
Peterson - Robins - Wiesblatt
Raska/Sabourin - Todd - Coe
Sabourin/Raska - Cassels - Cardwell
(Vincent, Marek, MacEachern, Russel)

Thrun - Gawanke (Simek/Knyzhov if Gawanke will deserve to play in main team)
Mukhamadullin - MacDonald
Okhotyuk - Cicek (LD, but can play RD?)
(Pulli, Guryev, Kinal - lefties, Frisch - righty)

Makiniemi
Chrona

IMHO, defense looks like the best part of team. Goalies are kinda mysterious. Forward`s line is OK.
That defense is solid. Might be better than the Sharks D.

• Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I'm not sure if we're done adding (another wing wouldn't hurt), but Carpenter-Bordeleau-Cassels-Todd-Vincent is a solid group of centers.

I may not be sure about the forwards as a whole, but at center, this might be the best group the Cuda have had.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I'm not sure if we're done adding (another wing wouldn't hurt), but Carpenter-Bordeleau-Cassels-Todd-Vincent is a solid group of centers.

I may not be sure about the forwards as a whole, but at center, this might be the best group the Cuda have had.
That other wing will be Eklund. They aren’t going to drop any of the waiver exempt players.

• Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
That other wing will be Eklund. They aren’t going to drop any of the waiver exempt players.

Not sure how that changes anything. If Eklund came down, I assume Peterson would stay with the Sharks.

Other possibility I can think of is that one of the centers (Bordeleau?) goes to wing.

Course, my opinion will change if it turns out Sabourin's last season wasn't a complete anomaly.

• Wow

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Not sure how that changes anything. If Eklund came down, I assume Peterson would stay with the Sharks.

Other possibility I can think of is that one of the centers (Bordeleau?) goes to wing.

Course, my opinion will change if it turns out Sabourin's last season wasn't a complete anomaly.
The Sharks might start the season with 13 FW and 8 D

Zadina - Hertl - Barabonov
Duclair - Couture - Labanc
Hoffman - Granlund - Kunin
Lindblom - Sturm - Zetterlund
Smith

Vlassic - Rutta
Ferraro - Benning
Knyzhov - Burroughs
Simek , MacDonald/Okhotiuk

I’m not opposed to Eklund starting the season with the Cuda and if he puts up 1.5 points per game and forces their hand then they will make room.

I’m even more convinced that Thurn will start with the Cuda. For him to start in the NHL they would need two 1-way contracts yo be sent down just for 8 D and three 1-way contracts if they want 7 D.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
The Sharks might start the season with 13 FW and 8 D

Zadina - Hertl - Barabonov
Duclair - Couture - Labanc
Hoffman - Granlund - Kunin
Lindblom - Sturm - Zetterlund
Smith

Vlassic - Rutta
Ferraro - Benning
Knyzhov - Burroughs
Simek , MacDonald/Okhotiuk

I’m not opposed to Eklund starting the season with the Cuda and if he puts up 1.5 points per game and forces their hand then they will make room.

I’m even more convinced that Thurn will start with the Cuda. For him to start in the NHL they would need two 1-way contracts yo be sent down just for 8 D and three 1-way contracts if they want 7 D.

I keep forgetting Kunin exists. Lines look reasonable for the Sharks. I'm not going to come off the idea that we need another wing on the Cuda, though.

1.5 points a game is, uh, ambitious. That's really not a normal scoring pace in this league. Eklund IMO should start in the NHL, but I'm fully braced for him to come down just based on his waiver status and/or the team using the injury from last season as reasoning. Frankly another reason I'm a bit fed up with the amount of dead weight Grier keeps putting on the Sharks roster.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad