21 000+ attendance for PWHL game in Montreal

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Incredible moment in Montreal today as 21 000+ seats have been sold for a women’s hockey game which sets a world record.

Montreal is the ultimate hockey town!!
Montreal has always been the "Mecca of the Hockey playing cities in North America and...in Europe it would have to be CSKA Moscow

It’s hockey and Montreal is the Mecca. P
yep

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I thought that the huge increase in popularity with womens individual sports (Katie Ledecky, Shacarri Richardson, Serena Williamson, Simone Biles, etc - track and field honestly is relatively equal in popularity between men and women in the modern post-Bolt era) might have stayed isolated to individual sports, but it seems that as more huge stars start to emerge in team sports, they're starting to grow a lot as well.

Honestly, women are competitive as f*** and I've been seeing a lot more hatred and venom in watching womens sports over the past couple years, it's been great.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I thought that the huge increase in popularity with womens individual sports (Katie Ledecky, Shacarri Richardson, Serena Williamson, Simone Biles, etc - track and field honestly is relatively equal in popularity between men and women in the modern post-Bolt era) might have stayed isolated to individual sports, but it seems that as more huge stars start to emerge in team sports, they're starting to grow a lot as well.

Honestly, women are competitive as f*** and I've been seeing a lot more hatred and venom in watching womens sports over the past couple years, it's been great.
Yup. There’s that young basketball player (Clark?) who’s caught the interest of fans now too. I’m guess the women’s hockey is way more affordable than the NHL. Get to go to a good game and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Yup. There’s that young basketball player (Clark?) who’s caught the interest of fans now too. I’m guess the women’s hockey is way more affordable than the NHL. Get to go to a good game and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
All the PWHL needs are actual team names. I think streaming the games has done a lot of good for the league, I've tuned in a few times just out of curiosity and have enjoyed the product

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Caught a little bit of the game, crowd was really into it.
Didnt catch it there was anything special about the game though, was it just a regular season game?

Reactions: rahad

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Caught a little bit of the game, crowd was really into it.
Didnt catch it there was anything special about the game though, was it just a regular season game?
Expansion into other markets has to be on the agenda right! 1 Canadian 1 American or 2 Canadian and 2 American...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Man, the look on her face. What a cool moment.

It's gotta be such an emotional moment. She probably dreamt about playing for the Habs as a little kid. Now here she is in the latter part of her career infront of a packed bell center getting the type of ovation that was reserved only for the most beloved Habs players.

There's gotta be a sense of pride and accomplishment in that moment too. She's been working hard at promoting this league.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I would definitely go if they come to town. Maybe not regularly but just to see if its entertaining hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad