GDT: #21 – Blues at Sabres – Mon Nov 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I didn't watch the game I don't have many channels and were not allowed to link streams and all thanks by the way for that, hf!

But to be fair to everyone the blues do this too a lot of teams shut them down offensively I mean...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
RoR has a habit of winning every face off but the ones that really matter.

Ullmark needs to stop flopping to the ice thinking he needs to make a Hasek save every time the puck is shot through a screen.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'm keep on hearing: "it'll come" "it'll come" "Just stick to the game plan"

**** that ****. They should have won this game tonight. It's infuriating to keep losing games you deserve to win.

This is the most frustrating season of Sabres hockey that I can remember.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
I'm just gonna keep telling myself eventually this team's puck luck has to turn around. Outchanced and outplayed the Blues for the bulk of that game and still losing 2-1....Ugh.

Well said, all-in-all I didnt see a whole lot of bad play in this game. Thats encouraging. One thing I can say is that these 4 games against St Louis and Dallas have been a pretty good measuring stick as to where we are at as a team. They really just need to get some goals, and we were so close tonight.....

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Well said, all-in-all I didnt see a whole lot of bad play in this game. Thats encouraging. One thing I can say is that these 4 games against St Louis and Dallas have been a pretty good measuring stick as to where we are at as a team. They really just need to get some goals, and we were so close tonight.....

It was one of their best games of the season which is why it's so frustrating.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Not sure what there is to be mad at...we showed we could hang with one of the best teams in the league...4 posts and a Brian Gionta lol...I'll take growing pains if they look like this

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Watching ROR play hockey makes me want to play beautiful hockey. Guy is a machine of crafty, well thought out, technically perfect hockey plays.

Oh yeah, this team can play real good. Wins and playoffs are coming with this core. Rebuild was a success.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Watching ROR play hockey makes me want to play beautiful hockey. Guy is a machine of crafty, well thought out, technically perfect hockey plays.

Oh yeah, this team can play real good. Wins and playoffs are coming with this core. Rebuild was a success.

I actually thought this was one of ror quieter games where he botched some passes both in terms of giving a receiving

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
RoR has a habit of winning every face off but the ones that really matter.

Ullmark needs to stop flopping to the ice thinking he needs to make a Hasek save every time the puck is shot through a screen.

Forget the fact that Ullmark is a 22-year old rookie. There's almost nothing he could have done differently on the second goal. His "flopping" issues have been vastly overrated and he's getting better at that issue by the game.

But do you want to know why he looks like he's "flopping"? Because he plays at the top of his crease and doesn't give up shots from distance (cf Chad Johnson). But, more importantly, he also moves very well on his feet. That means he's set for shots that other goalies are sliding into, which means he's less likely to give up a rebound in the first place. Every shot that hit him tonight got swallowed up.

That's my favorite part of his game. He's ready for every shot - well, except the ones that bounce off his defenseman right to the stick of an opposing forward on the other side of the net and then get knocked back into said forward, bouncing back across the net...again...and rolling off the defenseman into the opposite side of the net. He's not set for those. He flopped in an attempt to make that save. I'll cede that point.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Forget the fact that Ullmark is a 22-year old rookie. There's almost nothing he could have done differently on the second goal. His "flopping" issues have been vastly overrated and he's getting better at that issue by the game.

But do you want to know why he looks like he's "flopping"? Because he plays at the top of his crease and doesn't give up shots from distance (cf Chad Johnson). But, more importantly, he also moves very well on his feet. That means he's set for shots that other goalies are sliding into, which means he's less likely to give up a rebound in the first place. Every shot that hit him tonight got swallowed up.

That's my favorite part of his game. He's ready for every shot - well, except the ones that bounce off his defenseman right to the stick of an opposing forward on the other side of the net and then get knocked back into said forward, bouncing back across the net...again...and rolling off the defenseman into the opposite side of the net. He's not set for those. He flopped in an attempt to make that save. I'll cede that point.

Well said.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Not sure if that was a typical effort from Buffalo, but I really like how your team plays the game: hard checking and not giving any room at all to try to set up in the offensive zone. The team looks well coached. Should be a fun team to watch all season if they play like that, and should win their share of games. I also really like your goalie.

I thought they deserved the win tonight more than the Blues did.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Not sure if that was a typical effort from Buffalo, but I really like how your team plays the game: hard checking and not giving any room at all to try to set up in the offensive zone. The team looks well coached. Should be a fun team to watch all season if they play like that, and should win their share of games. I also really like your goalie.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I actually thought this was one of ror quieter games where he botched some passes both in terms of giving a receiving

Oh he did. It just doesn't matter to me because the overwhelming amount of positive plays. Everything from stick lifts to possession jukes. He just is constantly thinking of the best option and actively taking action. Just a technician.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

It's becoming the norm lately from them. We've had a few rough games but for the most part they are playing and giving the better effort.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
3+ posts in a game made me want to go insane. So ****ing snake bitten. That's just horrible luck. Sabres deserved the win. Have to finish the chances somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad