IR​
|
Berglund, Schwartz​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Both morning skates will reveal any lineup changes, as Girgensons and Pysyk are listed as day-to-day, while Stastny practiced yesterday for the Blues on their first line .. also, attendance will be interesting with Bills-Pats on MNF.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I understand the reluctance to go to the game.

Personally, I would know that I would have zero chance of avoiding a Bills result if I went to the game. I know I would be better off watching the Sabres until football starts, and then making sure football is always ahead of hockey. Sabres' broadcast MAY ruin the Bills with a score or an update; no chance of MNF blowing the Sabres' result.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I understand the reluctance to go to the game.

Personally, I would know that I would have zero chance of avoiding a Bills result if I went to the game. I know I would be better off watching the Sabres until football starts, and then making sure football is always ahead of hockey. Sabres' broadcast MAY ruin the Bills with a score or an update; no chance of MNF blowing the Sabres' result.

Wouldn't the score show up on the ESPN ticker?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wouldn't the score show up on the ESPN ticker?

Minimally, if at all during MNF, and that's easy to avoid if so.

Normal people can see the NHL tab imminent and cover their eyes. Crazy people (me) put up a BottomLineBorder made of books standing up to cover just enough of the screen to hide the bottom line while not impeding the game action at all.

Sabres' broadcast may announce the score during the broadcast at anytime unannounced, or show graphics during intermissions, that kind of thing. No concern of that during football.

;)

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Sabres all the way for me. I might switch over during intermission but I couldn't care less about the Bills game.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
Minimally, if at all during MNF, and that's easy to avoid if so.

Normal people can see the NHL tab imminent and cover their eyes. Crazy people (me) put up a BottomLineBorder made of books standing up to cover just enough of the screen to hide the bottom line while not impeding the game action at all.

Sabres' broadcast may announce the score during the broadcast at anytime unannounced, or show graphics during intermissions, that kind of thing. No concern of that during football.

;)

Reading this made my day haha

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
Time to end this losing streak. I would change all the lines. Scoring one goal per game isn't going to cut it.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
A steelers fan, so naturally I'll be watching the sabres game tonight. Cant imagine attendance/viewership will be too high though especially after how bad its been this season when the Bills aren't playing

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Bylsma logic:

Team plays well. Switch up the lines.

Team gets shutout. Keep things the same, but possibly more Gionta.

I think he just tired himself out with coaching too hard at the start of the season. Gotta pace himself.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
2.1 goals per game isn't enough for a team with this much offensive talent.

Offensive talent is extremely overrated. They do not have any natural goal scorers.

The best offensive players we have are 19 and 20.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Offensive talent is extremely overrated. They do not have any natural goal scorers.

We have some major underachievers right now. Kane, Ennis and Girgensons should all be 20 goal scorers. Larsson and Foligno have each flashed ability in their careers, but both look like minor leaguers this year, at best. These guys are so occupied with making sure all three forwards don't get caught deep, that I wonder if the commitment and confidence is lacking. Ennis passing up the 2 on 1 to drop it back to Larsson in the last OT was the ultimate no confidence play. I think Bylsma has done a number on their psyches already.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Ryan O'Reilly says hello?! I mean I can agree that Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart figure in within the top 5, with Evander Kane to some extent. But I wouldn't say that Eichel is better than O'Reilly yet at this stage and Reinhart than Kane.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Harrington is making a big deal on Twitter that Disco Dan hasn't spoken to media yet today. Wonder what's going on?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Harrington is making a big deal on Twitter that Disco Dan hasn't spoken to media yet today. Wonder what's going on?

Bylsma has a lot to answer for, so Harrington has good reason to want to ask him some questions. I don't often side with Harrington, but it is his job, and Byslma should be held accountable and answer for his coaching decisions when the team is playing so poorly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad