2026 NHL draft prospects

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I have noticed that in general, draft topics start 5 years earlier. The 2024 topic could have been opened in 2016 when Kiviharju was having a huge U12 tournament.

Thanks to websites and because hockey is a very concentrated sport and the difference in talent occurs very early, it is possible to detect the best players before other sports.

At this stage, it is relevant to quote only the players who stood out impressively during a tournament or a championship.

I noted a name in my database:

Ryan Roobroeck (C, Canada, 2007)

Known for outperforming everyone at WSI U12 2019.

Not anecdotal since the previous players to be at the top of the list of this tournament are called Jack Devine, Matthew Savoie, Connor Bedard, Cole Eiserman.

Of course, we would be further ahead if there had not been so much tournament suppression since last year.

Reactions: flamebird

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
One name I heard is Michael Misa (2007) from Ontario. How good is he ? Seems to be leading every tournament he plays in by a quite lot.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Do we even know the top prospect in 2024 or 2025 yet?

The traditional sarcasm like on other topics. The other topics are open. Many names emerge. Probably more than 20 players who will be selected are cited.

As already said, Aron Kiviharju (DF, Finland, 2006) has been detected since 2016.

We are fortunate to be the only team sport to be able to detect the players of tomorrow very early and some are cranky.

Anyway with the organization of WSI U12, it will take some getting used to. Every year, players aged 10-11-12 will be revealed.

The palmares don't lie. All the players who finished first in the PPG WSI U12 have been selected high (R1 / R2) or will be.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The traditional sarcasm like on other topics. The other topics are open. Many names emerge. Probably more than 20 players who will be selected are cited.

As already said, Aron Kiviharju (DF, Finland, 2006) has been detected since 2016.

We are fortunate to be the only team sport to be able to detect the players of tomorrow very early and some are cranky.

Anyway with the organization of WSI U12, it will take some getting used to. Every year, players aged 10-11-12 will be revealed.

The palmares don't lie. All the players who finished first in the PPG WSI U12 have been selected high (R1 / R2) or will be.

So you can't detect promising young players in baseball, basketball, soccer?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
So you can't detect promising young players in baseball, basketball, soccer?

Not with so much certainty. Because the number of players is much higher and because it's much more difficult to compare their level.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
My kid was born in 2008. Played 7 years of rec hockey but took a year off due to covid. I think next year is his year to take a big jump to lower level competitive hockey and keep climbing from there. Keep an eye on him.

His name is Wei Too JUNG.

Another sarcastic and unnecessary comment.

Elite Prospects - WSI U12 Stats 2015-2016

So just watch this. Matthew Savoie, Ivan Miroshnichenko, Shane Wright, Joakim Kemell, Rutger McGroarty, Juraj Slafkovsky, Aron Kiviharju (10 years). Too early, really ?

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I saw a kid playing road hockey next door to me that is this age and he had skills.. but then he lost focus cause he decided riding his BMX bike was more fun

Is this thread serious? How old are 2026 draft kids? 11/12ish years old???

As already said, the best players in the WSI U12 tournament are currently all top prospects. Some are approached today to be n ° 1

N°1 PPG WSI U12 (with complete database) :

2015 : J.Devine (probably drafted this year)
2016 : M.Savoie (S.Wright 4th)
2017 : C.Bedard
2018 : C.Eiserman ( currently the best US prospect born in 2006)
2019 : R.Roobroeck

The site is called Hockey Future. Why close when a tournament allows the names of the champions of tomorrow to be revealed ?

In France, at the age of 9, Richard Gasquet was already on the front page of the biggest French tennis magazine.
Seriously if you find that it's too early, wait until 2026 to come to the topic but let those who are curious have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Playgloria

Nov 18, 2019

I wasn't being sarcastic I legitimately haven't seen much on the top prospects for 2024 or 2025. Is there a lot of hype on anyone for those drafts? Kiviharju you're saying is looking like a stud? Sorry I haven't really gone out of my way to find out this information but I am honestly curious. Thanks

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I wasn't being sarcastic I legitimately haven't seen much on the top prospects for 2024 or 2025. Is there a lot of hype on anyone for those drafts? Kiviharju you're saying is looking like a stud? Sorry I haven't really gone out of my way to find out this information but I am honestly curious. Thanks

When I was talking about sarcasm, I was talking about several posters. Not necessarily you. Sorry.

I will take pleasure in talking to you about Kiviharju which is very exciting for me.

At 10 years old (2016), Aron Kiviharju was already at the level of the best players born in 2004 (Wright, Savoie, Miroshnichenko) at the international U12 tournament.

He made a lot of talk by crushing the U14 international tournament in 2019.

During the 2019/20 season, he played in U16 Finland. By far the best Finnish born in 2006, he was at the level of the best defenders in Finland born in 2004.

This year, the Covid and an injury prevented him from playing. I think it was planned to integrate him into the U20 squad during the season.

There are a few videos on the internet. Really very impressive. He plays like a QB so much he manages the game from the back.

Reactions: hellwar9

Playgloria

Nov 18, 2019
No problem! Can't wait to watch his development over the next few years. So if he's number 1 for 2024 then who is number 1 for 2025?

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I’ve been in a keeper pool many years now. It has a farm system with no underage limit. Everyone in the pool competes to get the next generational talent. Many times we choose names that are far from the players draft year. It’s a 100% guarantee that Roobroeck will be chosen in the leagues draft next year. Its fun and a lot of people try to stump me wondering if I’ve heard of this person or that person and constantly ask for advise on picking young NHLers for their yearly pools because I’ve been reading about them for years. This is a good time for this thread to come out for me anyway.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
What's the point? To get two out of ten right and bring the thread back up and say how much of a hockey genius you are for scouting them in 7th grade?

I gave a name. A name that will be called 99% during the NHL 2026 draft, possibly in the 1st Round, maybe better. No need to be a scout for guess it. As already said, hockey offers world tournaments bringing together the best 12-year-old players. It's fun to see who they are and to observe how each one evolves over 6 years. It allows you to get to know the players better, to memorize them better.

If you see it as a war of ego; it's your way of seeing things and thinking that way. In any case, it is not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad