WJC: 2025 World Junior Championships

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1704581162304.png

Here are the last 10 tournament leaders in scoring.. few things

3 busted out and never became top NHL scorers... or at least not yet anyways

Bedard was on a whole other level

The rest have gone on to become very good to exceptional NHL players. My favs in order would be Bedard, Kaprizov and McTavish.

Let's see if Kulich is the next one of those or the next JP, Denisenko or Fagemo.

Reactions: frontsfan67

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Sale, Stancl, Dvorak and Jiricek can get Czechia far. Benak maybe also can make the team? Hrabal as the main goalie. I doesnt know much about Czech hockey but this looks like a good ''5'' to mee

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale, Stancl, Dvorak and Jiricek can get Czechia far. Benak maybe also can make the team? Hrabal as the main goalie. I doesnt know much about Czech hockey but this looks like a good ''5'' to mee
Stronger than this year IMO. I base that on the assumption that Hrabal will be 19 and more consistent (if not, Milota and Matecha will do just fine). The D core is looking real good for us and our standards (Galvas, Badinka, Port and Fibigr should all be drafted by then and joinng the already drafted Port). The F's will be weaker but you never know who will get hot or have a great start to the season. I don't think anyone had Becher leading the WHL for parts of this season or Cibulka leading D scorer in the Q. Or Melovsky finishing third in scoring at this years tourney.lol I'd say Benak is 95% on the team and in a big role.

BUT.. Canada will be stronger. US look insanely good again. Swedes look great and I expect the Finn's to have a better group. So we get stronger but so does everyone else. Our big goal will be to avoid Canada/US in the quarter as that keeps happening to us.lol

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
usa probs go in the favorites again if all there guys can go . with canada has 2nd favorites.. but i think 2024 is a weak draft year for the swedes so wouldnt be shocked if finland or cze is 3rd favorite once rosters named next december

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
View attachment 797531

PP .. was surprised by this. We weren't good in round robin but were very good in playoffs
Jesus christ we are bad. Slightly better PP than Germany and Norway.
:facepalm: Germany was better and Finland basically good as Latvia and Switzerland.
Like i said Finland overachieved, Finland had no business being in top-4.
---------------------------------
Without Russia.... Another tourney I won't be following
tombstone.gif

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jesus christ we are bad. Slightly better PP than Germany and Norway.

:facepalm: Germany was better and Finland basically good as Latvia and Switzerland.
Like i said Finland overachieved, Finland had no business being in top-4.
---------------------------------

View attachment 797585
As an outsider to FInnish hockey.. I thought it was an up and down tourney but you confirmed you are part of the Big 4 and next year will be better.

My observsation in our game was that you guys really struggled away from 5 on 5 (where I felt you carried the play)...

Eg. We scored a few 5 on 4 goals, we scored a 4 on 5 goal and we scored a 6 on 5 goal. Once it left even strength the special teams struggled this year. I assume that is coaching and not the actual players but, again, I'm an outsider on this topic. Toss in a Kemmel/Kvirijarhu and maybe you are in the gold game against Sweden.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
If Russia does eventually come back, will they automatically start in the top division or will they need to work their way up from a lesser division?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If Russia does eventually come back, will they automatically start in the top division or will they need to work their way up from a lesser division?
I think they'd have to win the lower division. If they are put right back in, then they have to either relegate 2 teams or the team that won the lower division doesn't get in. I don't see the IIHF doing either of those.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Russia will probably refuse to play in the lesser divisions, claiming they are a natural part of the top (which i guess is true) and the IIHF will make something happen or Russia will do some sort of own tournament.

At least as long as you know who is in charge.

Reactions: wetcoast

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
There was the IIHF Congress decision in 2022 that once Russia and Belarus are allowed to participate they would return to the categories and divisions in which they were originally placed before the ban.

See the article at the link below.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Without Russia.... Another tourney I won't be following
Are you sure? Tardif's comments suggested they weren't opposed to it. It didn't sound either like there's some pre-condition regarding the war ending to bring them back, although he wouldn't be the one making those decisions and he's only the figurehead that speaks for the voting federations.

It sounds like there will be a vote next month.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They will re-claim their spot in all divisions. They may go to 12 teams for one year only.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Stronger than this year IMO. I base that on the assumption that Hrabal will be 19 and more consistent (if not, Milota and Matecha will do just fine). The D core is looking real good for us and our standards (Galvas, Badinka, Port and Fibigr should all be drafted by then and joinng the already drafted Port). The F's will be weaker but you never know who will get hot or have a great start to the season. I don't think anyone had Becher leading the WHL for parts of this season or Cibulka leading D scorer in the Q. Or Melovsky finishing third in scoring at this years tourney.lol I'd say Benak is 95% on the team and in a big role.

BUT.. Canada will be stronger. US look insanely good again. Swedes look great and I expect the Finn's to have a better group. So we get stronger but so does everyone else. Our big goal will be to avoid Canada/US in the quarter as that keeps happening to us.lol
No losses to the big leauge?

Not sure Sweden gets stronger, likely about the same. Defense will probably be stronger but I’m not sure there will be the same kind of 1st line.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No losses to the big leauge?

Not sure Sweden gets stronger, likely about the same. Defense will probably be stronger but I’m not sure there will be the same kind of 1st line.
No.. that's our big advantage actually.. our players are not good enough to make the NHL as teenagers.

Only AHLer I can see is Sale and he may be kept in the OHL too.

Anything can happen but I'd be in shock. We did have a decline this year though, so maybe Dvorak says no again. And no one is 100% sure what happened with Badinka not coming. Did he decline to focus on club or was he not good enough? No idea.

Reactions: EK47

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'm not even from Ottawa and I know people who have put their names in for the ticket lottery.
Tournament is going to be a huge financial success.

I'm assuming there will be single game tickets for Team Canada on the secondary market. The NYE game against the US will be $$$$$

Reactions: TMLLFC and Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad