2025 NHL Draft: Baggin' for Hagens

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Yea, Hagens is so unbelievably special.

He's just one of those players that sticks out on immediate viewing.

He's the next Kane / Hughes archetype of elite American forward.

All the creativity, the swagger and the inventiveness. Skates extremely well, super high IQ, pristine passing, heavy shot.

He's the best player in the tournament.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’m extremely intrigued by Logan Hensler. Only seen him a couple times but he definitely stands out. I assume he’ll go NCAA next year, which will be very interesting. Definitely a more classic shutdown style defenseman, which I feel is very rare in this day and age.
Would you describe him as a Vlasic/Slavin type of shutdown guy, or more like a Chara/Weber type? Obviously not perfect comparisons, just looking for your opinion.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Now that Celebrini is a lock, do we draft Hagans if we get the 2025 1st overall?
It would be such the bargaining chip.

• Wow

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Definitely, need to get some more good hardworking American players now that we have a talented but Canadian center.
Who gets bumped to 3rd line center?
Smith to the wing?
Yes, bringing in the best player available is usually the winning formula.
I'm just trying to stoke the conversational fires

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Smith to the wing?
I think have Macklin carry most of the load for the regular season, and then during the playoffs have Smith/Hagens doing the heavy lifting

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I’m so much less stressed about next year’s draft now. Hagens would be great but the pressure is off to get the 1OA pick.

I swear.

Even thinking about how there's a chance we could have a little more good fortune in 2025 or 2026 (maybe even 2027) makes me feel a tad bit guilty with greed.

But it's a good problem to have.

There are some awesome defensive prospects for 2025, I'm looking at Logan Hensler and Matthew Schaefer (and even guys like Boumedienne or Trethewey)

It's a mega good problem to have and it feels like an enormous weight has been lifted off of our shoulders being able to pencil in Mr Macklin at the #1C spot for this upcoming era.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I swear.

Even thinking about how there's a chance we could have a little more good fortune in 2025 or 2026 (maybe even 2027) makes me feel a tad bit guilty with greed.

But it's a good problem to have.

There are some awesome defensive prospects for 2025, I'm looking at Logan Hensler and Matthew Schaefer (and even guys like Boumedienne or Trethewey)

It's a mega good problem to have and it feels like an enormous weight lifted off of our shoulders being able to pencil in Mr Macklin at the #1C spot for this upcoming era.
I really like Matthew Schaefer, he’s my favorite going into next season. I really hope Hensler puts together a great draft season in the NCAA, because I was pretty disappointed by him at the U18. But there’s a ton of big guys up front like Martone, Spence, McQueen and some great Euros like Frondell and Ryabkin that make this an exciting draft on paper so far.

We will have to draft a defenseman at some point, but let’s cross that bridge when we get there.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Smith to the wing?
Like the Thornton/Marleau/Pavs/Couture era, who all were drafted as Centers, I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Smith on the wing. Marleau and Pavs spent a lot of time on wings on and off, but could swing to Center when injury, matchup, etc. dictated it. Hertl spent time on Thornton's wing as well.

I want to relish this win, but if we do look forward to next year, you draft the consensus 1OA (which at this point would be Hagens) and you don't look back, in my opinion. He could be a winger, or we have Hagens/Celebrini in the center and Smith on a wing, or we trade someone... but it's getting way ahead of ourselves.

We're feeling pretty amazing if next year we walk away with one of Hagens, Martone, Frondell, Hensler, McQueen. Any of them fit in, perhaps Hensler best IF as @Juxtaposer said, he has a great draft season.

Reactions: Grinner

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Now that Celebrini is a lock, do we draft Hagans if we get the 2025 1st overall?
It would be such the bargaining chip.

absolutely.

I'm not worried about our D yet. Those will come in time just like Boyle, Burns, and EK65 did.

Reactions: Grinner

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3