WJC: 2025 Czech Team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1704524172603.png

I've highlighted who is coming back. Hrabal is also coming back as a 19 year old. I think he will build on this experience and come in like a beast.

Here is my best guess 1 year out.lol Hoping for some 19 year olds to have banger CHL seasons like this year.

No idea if Dvorak will say no again. No idea if coaches will invite Badinka.

G - Hrabal. Matecha and Milota. My guess is that both Milota and Matecha get drafted.
D - Port, Dvorak, Jiricek, Galvas, Figigr, Badinka, Koci, Svozil
F - Sale, Stancl, Mastalarisky, Zidlicky, Benak, Jecho, Sprynar, Felcman, Kos, Curran, Petr, Perez, Holinka

Who'd I miss? Rocak? Novotny? Lukas Fischer is stilll listed as Czech? Simek?

Amazingly, to me, 7 of the 8 D are eligible for the next 2 tournaments.
Most the team is North American based and it will be on small ice.

I see a great D, great goalies and a decent forward core... line 2 should be Felcman/Spynar/Stancl to me. LIne 1 will be Sale and the best guys out of that.. I'm guessing Jecho and Benak tbh. Yes, I put Petr on the team.lol

Our pool is doable but our crossover is a nightmare... Canada. US and Finland all waiting for a Quarter.

Reactions: Rexor and Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 797171

I've highlighted who is coming back. Hrabal is also coming back as a 19 year old. I think he will build on this experience and come in like a beast.

Here is my best guess 1 year out.lol Hoping for some 19 year olds to have banger CHL seasons like this year.

No idea if Dvorak will say no again. No idea if coaches will invite Badinka.

G - Hrabal. Matecha and Milota. My guess is that both Milota and Matecha get drafted.
D - Port, Dvorak, Jiricek, Galvas, Figigr, Badinka, Koci, Svozil
F - Sale, Stancl, Mastalarisky, Zidlicky, Benak, Jecho, Sprynar, Felcman, Kos, Curran, Petr, Perez, Holinka

Who'd I miss? Rocak? Novotny? Lukas Fischer is stilll listed as Czech? Simek?

Amazingly, to me, 7 of the 8 D are eligible for the next 2 tournaments.
Most the team is North American based and it will be on small ice.

I see a great D, great goalies and a decent forward core... line 2 should be Felcman/Spynar/Stancl to me. LIne 1 will be Sale and the best guys out of that.. I'm guessing Jecho and Benak tbh. Yes, I put Petr on the team.lol

Our pool is doable but our crossover is a nightmare... Canada. US and Finland all waiting for a Quarter.
From personal experience, I can say that Sikora will be a very strong candidate for the roster. Our young players never got many chances in the A team, but he got into the team thanks to injuries to others and is doing great for his age.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Another one... I'm not the only one thinking about this today.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's funny because I'm the biggest Titlbach supporter and I left him off and both these guys put him in Top 6. I don't like his chances of getting drafted or anything after this disastrous season. Hope i'm wrong of course... always happy to be wrong.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Should be a very fun team to watch next year. Skilled roster. Offense looks a little young in that lineup but D and G is phenomenal.
That's the amazing thing... most that roster can return the next year to the US.lol And then they get some really nice guys making noise at the U17 level... Novotny comes to mind. Their is a D.. Mrtach? Something like that.lol Win or lose.. we are producing some good talent for the next few years. Restock those cupboards!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
From personal experience, I can say that Sikora will be a very strong candidate for the roster. Our young players never got many chances in the A team, but he got into the team thanks to injuries to others and is doing great for his age.
Looks like he was sent back to U20 team.
Also Holinka looking good apparently.
Only 5 minutes on ice though. Hate seeing stuff like that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stancl-Felcmann-Sale
Mastalirsky-Jecho-Benak
Perez-Curran-Novotny
Zidlicky-Petr-Holinka
Kos

Dvorak-Jiricek
Galvas-Badinka
Koci-Svozil
Vochvest

Hrabal
Matecha
Milota

If this team gets enough secondary scoring they could be the best Czech team in a long time.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Stancl-Felcmann-Sale
Mastalirsky-Jecho-Benak
Perez-Curran-Novotny
Zidlicky-Petr-Holinka
Kos

Dvorak-Jiricek
Galvas-Badinka
Koci-Svozil
Vochvest

Hrabal
Matecha
Milota

If this team gets enough secondary scoring they could be the best Czech team in a long time.
Port, who just returned from that injury (it was much worse than I thought), is probably a lock. They tend to bring back their 18 year olds.

Agree, on paper, this is a strong Czech squad by Czech standards. I'm not familiar with how strong the others will be... back in NA so I assume Canada will be ridiculous. US are current U20, U18 and U16 champions so I don't see them declining. Swedes will be great and, I think, it's a stronger Finn generation. Hoping Slovaks are strong but not sure who they have coming up as the golden crew have graduated.

Of course, a lot can change between now and then but i'm hoping to be in Ottawa for NYE to watch the Czech game at the 67's arena! May have to bug @czechcanadian about that in November.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Stancl-Felcmann-Sale
Mastalirsky-Jecho-Benak
Perez-Curran-Novotny
Zidlicky-Petr-Holinka
Kos

Dvorak-Jiricek
Galvas-Badinka
Koci-Svozil
Vochvest

Hrabal
Matecha
Milota

This is perhaps an overly optimistic prediction. Neither Štancl nor Felcman are elite players, Šalé is increasingly questionable (although we still hope, Edo..), Benák and Novotný are still too young. If it now looks like we could have a really strong team some year even on paper, it will be in 2026. In defense, Jiříček, Galvas, Fibigr, Svozil, probably Švec, Mrtka. In the attack, Benák, Novotný, Poletín, Kos, Jecho, Curran, Lisler, Sikora, Pekař, Záhejský, Pavlík... Other players from the HGC silver tournament, who may be struggling in the CHL now, but in two years everything may be different, another players from the current U17, where there is also another wide selection. This should be a team that will have medal ambitions.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is perhaps an overly optimistic prediction. Neither Štancl nor Felcman are elite players, Šalé is increasingly questionable (although we still hope, Edo..), Benák and Novotný are still too young. If it now looks like we could have a really strong team some year even on paper, it will be in 2026. In defense, Jiříček, Galvas, Fibigr, Svozil, probably Švec, Mrtka. In the attack, Benák, Novotný, Poletín, Kos, Jecho, Curran, Lisler, Sikora, Pekař, Záhejský, Pavlík... Other players from the HGC silver tournament, who may be struggling in the CHL now, but in two years everything may be different, another players from the current U17, where there is also another wide selection. This should be a team that will have medal ambitions.
I think though that you don’t have to be an elite player to have a productive world juniors. Stancl and Felcman could combine for like 15 points if things go well. Sale has to be the star. He hasn’t been great this season, but let’s see how the next year goes. We know he’s capable of being one of the leading scorers at the tournament next year, and potentially that includes carrying some linemates also.

Benak and Novotny are going to be young at this tournament, but sometimes you need contributions from players like that. These are potential first round picks. They could make a big impact. We’ve seen it before from first round picks in their draft year.

I understand your point. The forward core isn’t that good for next year, but a winning team will make it work and get better contributions than expected. If they can do that, the defense and goaltending should be able to compete with the top nations.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think though that you don’t have to be an elite player to have a productive world juniors. Stancl and Felcman could combine for like 15 points if things go well. Sale has to be the star. He hasn’t been great this season, but let’s see how the next year goes. We know he’s capable of being one of the leading scorers at the tournament next year, and potentially that includes carrying some linemates also.

Benak and Novotny are going to be young at this tournament, but sometimes you need contributions from players like that. These are potential first round picks. They could make a big impact. We’ve seen it before from first round picks in their draft year.

I understand your point. The forward core isn’t that good for next year, but a winning team will make it work and get better contributions than expected. If they can do that, the defense and goaltending should be able to compete with the top nations.
It may be so, we had a similar team this year as well. I'm certainly not saying that we can't be successful, I just don't see a completely elite potential in the year 05 (except for Šalé, maybe. It's not a slander of those players, I've always supported Štancl and Felcman here. Only elite opponents will have slightly better players) . On the other hand, the combination of the 06 and 07 years should really create the strongest team that I can remember. At least so far it seems.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Port, who just returned from that injury (it was much worse than I thought), is probably a lock. They tend to bring back their 18 year olds.

Agree, on paper, this is a strong Czech squad by Czech standards. I'm not familiar with how strong the others will be... back in NA so I assume Canada will be ridiculous. US are current U20, U18 and U16 champions so I don't see them declining. Swedes will be great and, I think, it's a stronger Finn generation. Hoping Slovaks are strong but not sure who they have coming up as the golden crew have graduated.

Of course, a lot can change between now and then but i'm hoping to be in Ottawa for NYE to watch the Czech game at the 67's arena! May have to bug @czechcanadian about that in November.lol
Please do! I’m definitely going to be there! Going to try and round up a bunch of Czechs from around Ottawa!

Keep in touch!

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad