2024 WWE Media Rights Dealings: Smackdown moving to USA in October 2024, Raw to Netflix in January 2025

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

So if your a WWE fan in Canada and want to watch any of the following content, you'll need a Netflix account by this time next year.

Raw
NXT
Smackdown
PPVs
NBC Primetime Specials (4 per year)
Tape Library/Archived Content

The part I find ironic is back in 2014, I used to enjoy the handful of WWE produced documentaries on Netflix, but were pulled shortly thereafter as the WWE Network came into existence. Now we've come full circle.

Hopefully Netflix taking on the archived content will allow for some (not all) of the censorship scrubbing they've done to the footage to be reversed.

Reactions: Voight

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Sounds like it will be a couple more years on Peacock in the US before moving "the Network" to Netflix, hopefully that gives them enough time to figure out how to handle the archive and make it a bit more user friendly than it has been

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
So if your a WWE fan in Canada and want to watch any of the following content, you'll need a Netflix account by this time next year.

Raw
NXT
Smackdown
PPVs
NBC Primetime Specials (4 per year)
Tape Library/Archived Content

The part I find ironic is back in 2014, I used to enjoy the handful of WWE produced documentaries on Netflix, but were pulled shortly thereafter as the WWE Network came into existence. Now we've come full circle.

Hopefully Netflix taking on the archived content will allow for some (not all) of the censorship scrubbing they've done to the footage to be reversed.
yup. And that’s actually sick. Canada, uk etc have it made when this goes live. All shows plus ppv’s Under one roof? Insane. It’s the US that get screwed. All the shows were on basic cable except now they need netflix and of course, to watch the ppv’s you need peacock. So you need to sub to two streaming services plus basic cable. lol

Reactions: BruinDust

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is evidently still not a plan for where Raw is going to air in October, November, and December. Dave says as of a month ago the plan was still for USA to keep Smackdown on Friday.

Also, if WWE launches new properties, Netflix has the priority if they want them.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
There is evidently still not a plan for where Raw is going to air in October, November, and December. Dave says as of a month ago the plan was still for USA to keep Smackdown on Friday.

Honestly, it seems like everybody's making a big deal out of this and WWE doesn't really give a shit lol. I'd assuming Netflix will start early, and if not I'm sure somebody would have no problem with the content filling a three hour timeslot at a discount.

Dave's whole argument was "Who knows if Netflix will be ready!" It's a streaming platform... They have 10 months to prepare. The platform is already established, and it's not like they have to clear a three hour timeslot to make room for them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly, it seems like everybody's making a big deal out of this and WWE doesn't really give a shit lol. I'd assuming Netflix will start early, and if not I'm sure somebody would have no problem with the content filling a three hour timeslot at a discount.

Dave's whole argument was "Who knows if Netflix will be ready!" It's a streaming platform... They have 10 months to prepare. The platform is already established, and it's not like they have to clear a three hour timeslot to make room for them.
If it was that simple, they’d already have the deal to start in October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad