GDT: 2024 World Junior Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 5) | Gothenburg, Sweden

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Leonard keeps being dangerous but not rewarded, but boy is he having a game. Felt like he was dragging them back in it earlier by getting chippy and pushing play and now they're tied.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Leonard keeps being dangerous but not rewarded, but boy is he having a game. Felt like he was dragging them back in it earlier by getting chippy and pushing play and now they're tied.
That sums up his tournament so far….

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Leonard certainly reminds me of work horse players like Hyman/Oshie/Wilson/etc.

Can never have too many of those.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Leonard has been so visible throughout the game. It's funny he doesn't have a point yet but his linemates do with all the chances he's created.

Hurt his right wrist though. He was getting treatment on the bench before.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Now that the US has scored on the weak penalty call, what are the odds of Finland seeing a PP before the final whistle?

Reactions: YippieKaey

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
What a shitty way for an admirable finnish squad missing their best players to go out. The US were better but the refs kind of spoiled their victory. This game and the Switzerland-Sweden one had some really atrocious and unfortunately game-changing reffing that impacted all four teams. Not how it's supposed to be.

But if the US play like they did today against my Sweden tomorrow they will have a tough time.

Leonard is an asshole and i'll hate him tomorrow but love him as soon as he's on the Caps roster.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Didn’t feel spoiled to me….lots of missed calls.

Yeah i mean the US probably deserved to win, but with 5 mins to go Finland was holding and getting some momentum, then a non-call was called and Gauthier snipes it. So perhaps not spoiled and you're correct about the missed calls it's a huge difference if refs call/don't call bad penalties in the 1st period or with 5 to go in the 3rd.

Swi-Swe was the same, we won on a very weak penalty against a team we should beat but that had us tied. Not the right way for me.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Sweden to a powerplay, Leonard was taken down in front of the net 15 seconds earlier with no call. Hometown officiating already

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad