WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
I never really know how I feel about this tournament. On one hand, it's kinda nice to see a bit more parity since the best teams never have amazing rosters (unless you're the US this year who still can't win) but on the other hand I miss seeing the best vs best play.

Reactions: Summer Rose

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I never really know how I feel about this tournament. On one hand, it's kinda nice to see a bit more parity since the best teams never have amazing rosters (unless you're the US this year who still can't win) but on the other hand I miss seeing the best vs best play.
I’m just happy getting to watch some of them. This year I’m happy to watch Karlsson finally representing Sweden.

Reactions: Summer Rose

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

After awhile you come to appreciate that the rosters change so much from year to year that you get to see a lot of different guys.

Hopefully the best on best thing is solved soon - it’ll take more than the 4 nations thing to satisfy me.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
sorry if someone already posted the info but which radio stations stream the games? i would like to listen to the games at work. thanks

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Czechia + Slovakia are top spots for this tournie, I wish it were hosted in those countries much more often. I've never been to Skoda games in Sweden + Denmark but I presume not that much better than the atmosphere in Finland.
Problem with Sweden hosting is that is its held i Stockholm. Stockholm do not care for hockey and Stockholm city does the bare minimum when hosting. Its embarrasing.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Can I just say this is an awesome WCH and the Czech bros are doing a wonderful job organizing.

The attendance is through the roof and it's great to see fans from all over filling up the arenas.

Austria fans celebrating that buzzer beater GWG vs Finland brought a tear to my eye. Vibes similar to that UK OT win over France in Slovakia 2019.

Such a stark contrast to the empty arenas of the WCH when organized in Sweden/Finland. IIHF needs to figure it out and not have that repeat.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This WCH is crazy 😂 Even DEN vs GBR match was attended by 16.277 spectators ✌️😂
Czechs love hockey:)

Problem with Sweden hosting is that is its held i Stockholm. Stockholm do not care for hockey and Stockholm city does the bare minimum when hosting. Its embarrasing.
Yep. Weird that our federation never learns. Should been in Göteborg.

Reactions: Slimmy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I saw that, they were comparing medal games vs round robin .... total nonsense
My other funny was that they were using Canada in the finals in Halifax. Can you imagine what the Prague crowd would be like if the Czechs won in OT in the gold medal match next Sunday? It won't happen but that would the comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad