Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Fri, May 10 | vs Min | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Ryan vs Kikuchi

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
LA at another level than we are. I know you win some and lose some, but LA are contenders and this Jays team is absolutely a pretender. I'll be surprised if we finish with a better than .500 record.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
New year, same problems. Yes, the Jays did need to get better pitching and defence but they've massively overcorrected and now they can't score worth a damn. Besides the losing it's just bad baseball to watch. It doesn't have to be a homerun parade to get runs but this team doesn't even do small ball.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I know the hitters need to start hitting but the biggest detriment to this team is the manager. Schneider is terrible and does not play to win ball games as they’re happening. He plays for scenarios in a game that haven’t happened and probably won’t happen. Get rid of him and Mattingly and find some new hitting coaches

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
New year, same problems. Yes, the Jays did need to get better pitching and defence but they've massively overcorrected and now they can't score worth a damn. Besides the losing it's just bad baseball to watch. It doesn't have to be a homerun parade to get runs but this team doesn't even do small ball.
I feel like many fans and the GM undervalued how good Hernandez is offensively. Yes he's trash defensively but offensively he's better than people around here give him credit for.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
They did overcorrect and I wanted an LF that can hit which they didn't get. However, the biggest problem is that Vladdy, Springer, Bo, and to a lesser extent Kirk aren't hitting where they should be. I am still perplexed they didn't make changes with their hitting coaches in the offseason. Now they likely wait too long.

Bo's wRC is 67!

EDIT: I should add this problem has been going on well into last season as well. You can't get rid of those three. As a result, the most logical thing to do is get hitting coaches that can work with them. The current guys obviously aren't doing it.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Kikuchi held his own. But this team right now, if the pitching isnt absolute lights out, they just dont have a chance.

We were joking about them not scoring more than 5 runs for a good stretch. LOL. 5 runs right now would be flippin' amazing.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Nobody is upset, it’s just moronic. Kirby Puckett, David Ortiz, Max Muncy, these guys all fat lazy slobs too? Guerrero sucks because he can’t hit a baseball, not because you think he’s fat.
Is Springer fat? Is Bichette fat? They aren’t hitting either.
Nobody is saying that all fat people are lazy, nor that they can't be successful at certain aspects of baseball. Having said that, there aren't many fat outfielders because you need a certain amount of quickness. Being physically fit does help you be the best you as a ball player. Guerrero is lazy and immature. His approach at the plate, on the bases and overall demeanour hightlight this. That has nothing to do with the fact he's overweight. Kirk can be a good hitter, but when he isn't hitting, his being overweight affects his speed on the basepaths. It is moronic to suggest that Springer and Bichette are fat and nobody is suggesting you have to be in peak physical condition to be a hitter. But it does help in certain aspects of the game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nobody is upset, it’s just moronic. Kirby Puckett, David Ortiz, Max Muncy, these guys all fat lazy slobs too? Guerrero sucks because he can’t hit a baseball, not because you think he’s fat.
Is Springer fat? Is Bichette fat? They aren’t hitting either.
When I first got HDTV one thing that amazed me was how much slimmer Ortiz was.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Did you sit in the 100's? how was the new seating?

Yeah 138 row 13, pretty much right where the left field wall juts out behind 3B. I like that we were facing directly to the mound, one of our seats (8) had perfect view of the infield (though LF view is restricted), while another seat (7) had a stanchion blocking the 1st base (I had to lean left/right to get a clear view of it).

The seats are nice and more spacious but the sidelines are at a big disadvantage with those extended walls. Behind catcher becomes an even more premium seat IMO

Reactions: GreytWun

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hopefully the beginning of the end for Atkins. Finish May at 7-10 games under and he’s likely fired.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
That COVID season from Vlad is going to set the family up for generations (though I guess they already were with his dad).

20 million this year, 20 million next year then free agency... Then free agency where some team will overpay

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Here's a nice hitting thread

EDIT

Losing Hernandez and Gurriel would have an impact on these numbers however it shouldn't be this drastic. It's either an organizational approach or the hitting coaches are shit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1