Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Tue, May 7 | @ Phi | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Berrios vs Sanchez

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
We need a new 1-3 but the rest of the lineup seems fine. Pitching will be improved.

4. Turner/Orelvis?
5. Varsho
6. Bichette
7. Schneider
8. Kirk/Jansen
9. Clement/IKF/Barger
This is the projected lineup two years from now, right?

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It seems like the Leafs and Jays are eliminated from championship contention about the same time every year. Maybe May will see new coaches for both teams.

We need a new 1-3 but the rest of the lineup seems fine. Pitching will be improved.

4. Turner/Orelvis?
5. Varsho
6. Bichette
7. Schneider
8. Kirk/Jansen
9. Clement/IKF/Barger
Move Bichette to the 2 hole. Sit Flop the rest of the weekend.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Speaking of drafting, haven't the jays had some trouble in recent years in signing some guys they drafted?

Not sure what that was about but maybe some just dont want to play for the one Canadian team. I remember that being a discussion in the covid years when our draconian restrictions turned off players signing for the Leafs & Raptors.
Nope they have not had any issue signing draft picks or international free agents. Just making stuff up as this point. The jays farm system is actually highly touted and we lead the league with paying our prospects higher wages than other teams. The more you know

They are the only team that has started doing it. It also needs to have approval from ownership which I doubt Rogers would do.

Go ahead, shit on the team because for the most part, they deserve it but comparing them to the Dodgers payroll makes no sense.
I saw rumours the the jays were the ones to propose that deferred payments or at the very least said they were willing to do it. I think the Dodgers just wetn 100 million higher as well.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Outside of Soto, any other acquisition wouldn't have made a difference when your best hitters are crapping the bed. You could point to the butterfly effect of having another good bat in the lineup, but I'm not buying it.

Pitching was due for a stinker after a decent run of 12 straight. Maybe the offense can wake up tomorrow against......Glasnow? Maybe not lol

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Outside of Soto, any other acquisition wouldn't have made a difference when your best hitters are crapping the bed. You could point to the butterfly effect of having another good bat in the lineup, but I'm not buying it.

Pitching was due for a stinker after a decent run of 12 straight. Maybe the offense can wake up tomorrow against......Glasnow? Maybe not lol
I can't believe I was against Manoah and Tiedemann, + for Soto.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I can't believe I was against Manoah and Tiedemann, + for Soto.
After 2022 that would have been a ridiculous trade, given how good Manoah was in his first half of 2021 and his amazing 2022.

After his 2023 season nobody would do take him for a bag of balls, let alone for Soto.

Yikes just looked at Manoah's minor league stats so far, 11.85 ERA in 4 starts, 13.2IP. Previous game they said oh its improvement only 2 ER. Last game 6ER 3IP. Brutal.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Change needed to happen after the disastrous, embarrassing end to last season and it didn't happen and ownership/management just stuck their heads in the sand ... and the result will be a totally wasted season this year.

I'm already kind of checked out. And it looks like the players are, too, and there aren't exactly levels of belief in the process with the team.

Reactions: VanillaCoke and LaP

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Change needed to happen after the disastrous, embarrassing end to last season and it didn't happen and ownership/management just stuck their heads in the sand ... and the result will be a totally wasted season this year.

I'm already kind of checked out. And it looks like the players are, too, and there aren't exactly levels of belief in the process with the team.
I am kind of curious how long they will wait to make a change. IMO a new GM is needed. He will then decide on personnel below him.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I am kind of curious how long they will wait to make a change. IMO a new GM is needed. He will then decide on personnel below him.

The way last season ended basically just totally undermined Schneider and made him look like a lame-duck puppet of clueless management more interested in spreadsheets than baseball.

Something had to be done to address that. To me, Atkins should have been gone after that debacle and if the new GM wanted to keep Schneider - who l like, generally - fair enough.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
What struggling star player could we trade Springer and Vlad for? I’m ready to move on

I’d also move Vlad for a good LF and have Orelvis start taking reps at 1B

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
What farm team does the Braves have? Aside from Michael Harris and Spencer Strider have they really hit on any other prospects since AA joined?
I am sure he’s referring to recent season success and not their farm.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Careful, people get upset in here if you call some of these lazy, immature players fat. Obese, out of shape, or grossly overweight might be more appropriate.
Nobody is upset, it’s just moronic. Kirby Puckett, David Ortiz, Max Muncy, these guys all fat lazy slobs too? Guerrero sucks because he can’t hit a baseball, not because you think he’s fat.
Is Springer fat? Is Bichette fat? They aren’t hitting either.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
does anyone know when the ballpark renovations are going to be done? Only when that is complete will management be forced to look at the management group for what they put on the field.

Shapiro was hired to renovate a ballpark vs managing a team. His pal was hired to be the GM and they are tied to the hip. Shapiro won't fire his buddy.

Once the renovations are done hopefully Rogers see how bad this team is so no matter what the park looks like attendance will drop so bad they will lose money.

Pull the plug now and re-tool on the fly. Move on from Guerrro and attach Springer to any Vlad deal. Who cares if he is a fan favorite?

Guererro, Spring and Kirk for Moreno and Gurriel Jr lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad