Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Yup. Can't have Vladdy, and Springer sitting at 105 wRC and Bo at 85. Those guys have to get going.
I agree but the problem was hitching your wagon to a couple of players who have struggled in recent seasons. Bo will return to his normal self, but selfish Vladdy and Springer is a huge doubt. We’ll see but not looking good thus far.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I agree but the problem was hitching your wagon to a couple of players who have struggled in recent seasons. Bo will return to his normal self, but selfish Vladdy and Springer is a huge doubt. We’ll see but not looking good thus far.
They dont have a choice. They aren’t getting rid of Bo and Vladdy. Bo has struggled for a while now. He wasn’t great the second end of last season. After the all star break his wrc was 107 and from August on it was 89.

The decline of Springers bat has been a surprise. Wasn’t expected to happen.

Last edited:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

They’re your core players whether they’re faulty or not. The point is that if they’re even producing career averages right now then the offence would look way better than it does (and better than the 2023 version too). Even if they’re producing at the rate they did last season the team would be in much better shape.

Rays are in a similar predicament because Randy, Yandy, and Harold aren’t hitting.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
FWIW, Bo has been top 20 in MVP voting 3 years in a row and is 22nd overall in fWAR from 2021-2023 (6th among SS).

OTOH, Vlad is 36th (when he was projected to be a top 5/top 10 type of player) (note: this includes a 6 win season which is more than half his total fWAR over the 3 years).

The MVP thing is incredibly meaningless. For example, Bo was 16th in MVP voting last year...with 5 vote points. For comparison, Semien had 216 points and Ohtani won with 420.

I expected more at the plate from Bo than what he has showed so far this year and last, didn't you?

On Vlad...there's enough sample size now where we can say fairly definitively that his runner-up MVP season was the outlier buoyed by the absurd numbers he put up hitting in the minor league parks we played in during that year.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The MVP thing is incredibly meaningless. For example, Bo was 16th in MVP voting last year...with 5 vote points. For comparison, Semien had 216 points and Ohtani won with 420.

I expected more at the plate from Bo than what he has showed so far this year and last, didn't you?

On Vlad...there's enough sample size now where we can say fairly definitively that his runner-up MVP season was the outlier buoyed by the absurd numbers he put up hitting in the minor league parks we played in during that year.
Bo finished 44th overall in fWAR among position players. He's been a 4+ guy each year. That's definitely in line with what we expect and two of those were 4.9s (borderline superstar).

Vlad's fall has been alarming. Nothing since 2021 has looked particularly good.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Bo finished 44th overall in fWAR among position players. He's been a 4+ guy each year. That's definitely in line with what we expect and two of those were 4.9s (borderline superstar).

Vlad's fall has been alarming. Nothing since 2021 has looked particularly good.

Bo had those 4.9 seasons at ages 23-24, I think we all expected him to continue to get better at the plate, but he posted 4.0 last year and is projected for 3 this season. That's not the foundational piece I think we were hoping for.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Tell me again why Vogelbach should have been in last night instead of Turner? Hit last night, hit so far today, it’s like yesterdays game didn’t mean anything to Schneider. Remember, our offence is shit.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I really like Clement’s game.

They’re your core players whether they’re faulty or not. The point is that if they’re even producing career averages right now then the offence would look way better than it does (and better than the 2023 version too). Even if they’re producing at the rate they did last season the team would be in much better shape.

Rays are in a similar predicament because Randy, Yandy, and Harold aren’t hitting.
I wasn’t suggesting they move on from Vladdy and Bo. Not enough was done to augment around them.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I wish Bo realized that it's OK to pull a ball. All this talk about other player's power numbers when his has dropped every year of his career.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
lol wtf, this is a joke. LOOK AT THE RADAR!!! If a mope like me can do it, whats wrong with these guys. its not getting any better! it just got to the yellows.

Attachments

• rain.png
    rain.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This game has been one of the bigger crap shoots in a while lol. When was the last time we saw rain that bad?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
lol, what the hell is even going on anymore?

*roll the tarp out*

"nope, psych!"
The Blue Jays likely asked that the grounds crew TRY to get the field in playable shape (because after an hour, KC can declare a win). It is up to the umps whether the game goes to official delay, but they had to at least try to see if the field could be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce