Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last thread was close enough to 1k that it seemed appropriate to switch to a fresh thread for the home opener.

Projected starters are:
Monday - Castillo vs Berrios
Tuesday - Kirby vs Bassitt
Wednesday - Gilbert vs Kikuchi

Monday/Tuesday are both 7et/4pt starts, Wednesday is 3pm ET/noon PT. As the home opener, Monday's game has a double-length 1 hour pre-game broadcast.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Holy moly this team looks awful for what little I watch. Today I saw a wild pitch bring in a run, but didn't see a whole lot of the game besides that. What little I did see was very discouraging.

Also, do they have a regular player who is hitting at all?

I'm not all that fond of this management group and would not be at all disappointed to see the whole lot of them go.

Guerrero and Kirk, too.

And Manoah.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Holy moly this team looks awful for what little I watch. Today I saw a wild pitch bring in a run, but didn't see a whole lot of the game besides that. What little I did see was very discouraging.

Also, do they have a regular player who is hitting at all?

I'm not all that fond of this management group and would not be at all disappointed to see the whole lot of them go.

Guerrero and Kirk, too.

And Manoah.
There is no one hitting. The ones that are hitting some, are in a rotation.

Feel fortunate to be 4-6. I'll stop there as I am more glass half full type, so this is pretty painful.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It looked horrible but 4-6 is not too bad heading into the home opener. Better turn it around or it could get out of hand.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Might just be one game, but I expect a Jays win given the hype around the home opener. Everyone should be up and ready for this one. A loss and I think it'll confirm what many of us are already thinking and that is the season is going to be pretty rough all year.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
There seems to be a hangover effect from the end of last season. I hope they can shake it off soon or it's going to be a long season.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Might just be one game, but I expect a Jays win given the hype around the home opener. Everyone should be up and ready for this one. A loss and I think it'll confirm what many of us are already thinking and that is the season is going to be pretty rough all year.
I feel the opposite tonight as the hype can be squashed by the Dome and the weird pregame stuff they do.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
This is everyone's chance to make their opinions heard (boo) when it comes to the hitting coach and manager when they call out their names at start of the game.

Not that i generally advocate booing the home team, but i feel like these coaches need to be called out to some extent.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
No, Bo. Average isn't the most important. OBP is better than average in almost every situation because it's average with a broader net.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
No, Bo. Average isn't the most important. OBP is better than average in almost every situation because it's average with a broader net.
I think his point is that some people are overemphasized power. I do agree that obp is more important though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad