Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Got a few hits tonight was a rarity. Pitching has been outstanding minus Romano but he gets a free pass tonight

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It honestly amazes me that he was catching full time up to 3 years ago.
Ya it's so weird. Imagine Kirk going from catcher to the outfield?

Varsho is having better at bats which is nice. Although the team only scored 5 runs, I thought they had good at-bats. Chased Rodon fairly early. Hopefully Bo gets going.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Solid game all around. Hitting has been much much better since they got home and that’s with our best all round hitter (bichette) still figuring things out.

Defence has been great.

Pitching has been great.

I don’t think the sky is falling anymore.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Solid game all around. Hitting has been much much better since they got home and that’s with our best all round hitter (bichette) still figuring things out.

Defence has been great.

Pitching has been great.

I don’t think the sky is falling anymore.
The hitting needs to get better if they want to do damage in the playoffs. One signing that is looking bad is Kiermaier. His bat has been horrendous just look at his statcast page. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/kevin-kiermaier-595281?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

Could have used that money for a LF that can hit. Move Varsho to CF.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

The hitting still lacks power. They've gotten by with really good plate discipline, drawing a ton of walks

At least C isn't a complete black hole now. Just need Vlad, Bo, and Springer to get hot.

Reactions: canucksfan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What the hell happened this week? Did Schneider decide all of a sudden that they would steal base or the players decided to ignore him? Anyway it's fun to watch finally they are stealing, run and hit, hit and run and squeeze. Like i said since last year if you can't hit with power you gotta run and create things.

The hitting still lacks power. They've gotten by with really good plate discipline, drawing a ton of walks

At least C isn't a complete black hole now. Just need Vlad, Bo, and Springer to get hot.
And being a lot more aggressive on base this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad