Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Haha, I TOLD you. But you JUST.WON'T. LISTEN.

Landeskog could carry a basket full of lively eggs thru the middle zone now. Without fear. Half injured.

Also...hello Drouin. Goodbye, Walker and Zeus. Come on! It was just a line! Keith Richards would have played on.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We can’t even sign the guys we have, how on earth can we afford Ullmark? I’d love to have him too
Would have to trade guys that equal $5M+, but that would open up other holes on the roster to make it work. Obviously Georgiev would have to go the other way, and Boston needs centers, so maybe include Colton for Ullmark. That extra $2M would maybe help keep Drouin as well, but then you're back to needing a 3C.

Reactions: the_fan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Would have to trade guys that equal $5M+, but that would open up other holes on the roster to make it work. Obviously Georgiev would have to go the other way, and Boston needs centers, so maybe include Colton for Ullmark. That extra $2M would maybe help keep Drouin as well, but then you're back to needing a 3C.
Another issue us Ullmark is already 30, and only has 1-year left on his deal, so then you're looking at having to re-sign him after next year.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well it’s going to be interesting to say the least. Lots of work to be done

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
  • What to do with Nuke? Human side of me feels bad and hopes he can overcome his substance abuse problems. Hockey side says there's probably too much tension in the locker room even if the players make an effort to welcome him back
  • Trenin obviously injured but I did not really care for what I saw from him, Duhaime is just ineffective don't think he needs an offer
  • Would not mind dumping Colton third line really provided nothing in regular season or offseason
  • I think Cogs and JJ are probably done and I'd like to see some new blood there.
  • Fire the goalie coach if you're keeping Georgiev
  • Maybe new assistants I feel like the PP could be a lot better.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah probably true. Not sure if JJ is gonna come back or would have anything left, if not than we have to find a very cheap veteran 3rd pair guy. Walker most definitely gone. We can’t afford him
I hope he’s done. Avs can go out and get a reasonably acceptable big body to play that #6 spot.

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nuke threw a major wrench in what was the last real chance we had with this core.

The team is getting older and we're collecting more and more bad contracts, I just don't see them having another legit cup run TBH.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Drouin and Trenin are the only UFAs I’d want back. Maybe Kiviranta at minimum or whatever.

Please let’s stop with the old dudes. It was good for the cup run and then they ran it back but let’s not.

All the best to Cogs. He was a warrior and one of my absolute favourites when they won it all. Time to move on.

Reactions: dahrougem2

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The Avs need to do a major retool, it doesn’t get easier, it might fail but it isn’t gonna work if we don’t do nothing. Georgiev I didn’t wanna curse. Played lights out this playoffs. Still think he needs to go

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm fully on the trade G train. Between consistently being injured during the playoffs and being less effective at creating space, he's not worth the $5 mil moving forward. Still a solid top 4 defenseman, but not one I necessarily want in the playoffs.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I'm fully on the trade G train. Between consistently being injured during the playoffs and being less effective at creating space, he's not worth the $5 mil moving forward. Still a solid top 4 defenseman, but not one I necessarily want in the playoffs.
I was a lot more okay with trading Girard 6 months ago. Since he got back from rehab I think he's playing the best hockey of his career. I might be more on the trade Mikko bandwagon at this point.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I was a lot more okay with trading Girard 6 months ago. Since he got back from rehab I think he's playing the best hockey of his career. I might be more on the trade Mikko bandwagon at this point.
He's the new Compher to me. He's solid and can eat a bunch of minutes, but he doesn't push the needle one way or another. I wouldn't complain if he's still here, but his playmaking ability has disappeared.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I thought people called it early in the past but yeah the Avs are about to take a big step back. Was going to be difficult with just Landy. Toss in the Nuke situation and it feels like it's over. Be interesting to see what they do tho.

I'm starting to think they'll lose Mikko for nothing as well. Hope to be wrong but I don't see anyway they actually trade him. I don't think they'll pay him as much as MacKinnon either. I don't think he's giving a discount and given the Avs situation I could see him chasing a bag next year.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I thought people called it early in the past but yeah the Avs are about to take a big step back. Was going to be difficult with just Landy. Toss in the Nuke situation and it feels like it's over. Be interesting to see what they do tho.

I'm starting to think they'll lose Mikko for nothing as well. Hope to be wrong but I don't see anyway they actually trade him. I don't think they'll pay him as much as MacKinnon either. I don't think he's giving a discount and given the Avs situation I could see him chasing a bag next year.

I don't see a discount coming. Sakic didn't get him signed until halfway through camp for that last contract. Now he's got a couple 100 point season under his belt.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The one silver lining is that CMac has shown he's willing to make moves. This will be a big offseason for him and I don't envy his position with all the uncertainty, but it's going to set the trajectory for the next ~3 years with all the NTC/NMC kicking in.

I'm hoping to be surprised and see a major shake-up. I'm expecting more or less the status quo - which probably means Bednar may be an eventual casualty when the inevitable 1st/2nd round exit comes around next postseason.

Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You can't move Sam Girard. You just traded Bowen Byram. Do people forget this team NEEDS fast, puck moving defensemen in order to have success? You don't find those anywhere. You have to keep him.

I just hope CMac has the balls to trade Mikko Rantanen but I doubt he will. We'll probably hear of an extension around September or October that we all hate, and the Avs will be content with being a "good" team for the next 4-5 years while never getting past the 2nd round.

If it was me, I'm trading Rantanen for the biggest haul possible and retooling.

Drouin - MacKinnon - XXX
Lehkonen - Mittelstadt - XXX
Landeskog - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - XXX - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Behrens - XXX

Georgiev/Someone else if the Avs hate Georgiev but his playoffs honestly earned him another shot because he was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad