Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's still not a huge concern IMO. Just something teams will have to prepare for, and it also means more NCAA free agents, so there's that.
Not a huge concern until you lose Adam Fox

Rags are salivating though

Man...Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk. 3 US stars that f***ed them over in a short span. Flames got it rough in the last few years.

Reactions: Nihiliste

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Americans wildly underpay their teachers. Unless you don’t have the fifth year (uncommon), teachers here make ~100k CAD by year 8-10 (and through the rest of their career). My mom makes more on her pension (having retired before the biggest increases too) than a lot of American teachers do working, it’s crazy
That’s like 18 freedom dollars.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not a huge concern until you lose Adam Fox

Rags are salivating though

Man...Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk. 3 US stars that f***ed them over in a short span. Flames got it rough in the last few years.
Yeah for every Fox a team loses there's like 10 players who have marginal to no impact; Matt Gilroy, Jimmy Vesey, Will Butcher, Dominic Toninato, etc.

So long as the team drafting him knows beforehand he ain't signing I don't see an issue there. Carolina eventually figured out Jack Johnson wasn't going to sign so they dealt him and got a decent, if not flashy return. And that was a third overall pick, right?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It helps that college has become a better route for development than it was even a decade ago.
I don't mind the risk if the Avs were to draft college bound kids at all.
But then again, the Avs drafting in general feels like a risk I've become numb to as far as excitement level goes.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It helps that college has become a better route for development than it was even a decade ago.
I don't mind the risk if the Avs were to draft college bound kids at all.
But then again, the Avs drafting in general feels like a risk I've become numb to as far as excitement level goes.

Without a doubt, the USHL to College route is the best development path now. The drop in quality in the CHL and the playing time/quality in Europe just makes the college route way better. Unless we are talking Bedard/McDavid working to break in at a high level at 18 or getting a $1m contract at 17 in the KHL or Swiss league... that path should be the priority.

I should clickbait this with "Canadians hate this..."

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Without a doubt, the USHL to College route is the best development path now. The drop in quality in the CHL and the playing time/quality in Europe just makes the college route way better. Unless we are talking Bedard/McDavid working to break in at a high level at 18 or getting a $1m contract at 17 in the KHL or Swiss league... that path should be the priority.

I should clickbait this with "Canadians hate this..."
nah the CHL has really dropped off in quality. One of the best Canadians recently drafted was out of the AJHL. The politics has taken a really nasty hold on the sport here. Then throw in all the weird hazing and rape it's clear Canada needs to revamp it's program big time

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
nah the CHL has really dropped off in quality. One of the best Canadians recently drafted was out of the AJHL. The politics has taken a really nasty hold on the sport here. Then throw in all the weird hazing and rape it's clear Canada needs to revamp it's program big time
That's partially (mostly?) because he was 5'3" when he was eligible to be drafted into the Dub.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
We should be intrigued by what happens to marner if he's traded, or kept.

They should trade him to Anaheim for the talented mystery box that is Gibson. That would clear 4 million in cap space.

Hard to imagine the LA area wouldn’t be appealing. Anaheim can swap out the 3 or 4 years Gibson has remaining to test drive Marner for a year to see if he can help their young centers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Wrongheaded ban on Russian and Belorussian imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad