Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I mean if I was a Vegas fan, I’d appreciate the aggressive way they built the team and won the cup in a short period of time rather than taking the long, rebuilding route which would take forever, but all I’m saying is, some people think every decision Vegas management makes is gold, that’s where I disagree.

They should have tried getting younger while still being a contender so they would extend their contention window. Taking on that Hertl contract is a big mistake. At least Hanifin is still young, but once Pietrangelo is done, they gonna need a #1 D and they’re not gonna have the assets or the cap space to find one
They have Theo on defense too… you’re greatly underestimating that scouting staff. They can find gems and then are totally willing to use them as assets instead of getting tied up in potential.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The only two contracts they can't move are Eichel and Pietrangelo. Everyone else's is some form of modified NTC limiting the teams they can be traded too, but they can, and some will eventually be moved.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They have Theo on defense too… you’re greatly underestimating that scouting staff. They can find gems and then are totally willing to use them as assets instead of getting tied up in potential.
Theo and Hanifin are not #1D. You can have bunch of d-men like that on your roster, but without a true #1, you can’t win. Pietrangelo is 34 years old, let’s see what they do when he’s done. Don’t think they gonna get lucky again in free agency when they picked up Pietro

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Theo and Hanifin are not #1D. You can have bunch of d-men like that on your roster, but without a true #1, you can’t win. Pietrangelo is 34 years old, let’s see what they do when he’s done. Don’t think they gonna get lucky again in free agency when they picked up Pietro
Theo is better than Pie… just has to stay healthy.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Theo is better than Pie… just has to stay healthy.
I don’t know how when Theo is a #2 Pietrangelo is a #1 D and that’s how they are being played in Vegas. Actually I believe Theodore plays on their 2nd pair when their blue line is healthy, but Theo is really a #2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t know how when Theo is a #2 Pietrangelo is a #1 D and that’s how they are being played in Vegas. Actually I believe Theodore plays on their 2nd pair when their blue line is healthy, but Theo is really a #2
Theo typically plays more ES minutes than Pie and McNabb and Theo typically draw the more difficult matchups.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Theo typically plays more ES minutes than Pie and McNabb and Theo typically draw the more difficult matchups.
I mean they do things little differently in Vegas. They kinda do things by committee there by having a deep roster. By definition, Theodore is not a #1D, Pietrangelo is

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I mean they do things little differently in Vegas. They kinda do things by committee there by having a deep roster. By definition, Theodore is not a #1D, Pietrangelo is
There is no set definition… by your definition you don’t consider Theo a #1. Which is fine. I just believe that Theo is the better defenseman.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There is no set definition… by your definition you don’t consider Theo a #1. Which is fine. I just believe that Theo is the better defenseman.
Pietrangelo is better defensively and we see how Vegas is struggling without him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Pietrangelo is better defensively and we see how Vegas is struggling without him.
That’s where I see the biggest difference. Theo is way better defensively. My eye test see that, the data very clearly supports that.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Ya as much as I hate to admit it Vegas is a really well run organization with good ownership and scouting.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That’s where I see the biggest difference. Theo is way better defensively. My eye test see that, the data very clearly supports that.
And I see it differently so we just have to agree to disagree. I believe every time Pietrangelo has been out of the lineup, Vegas has struggled.

Reactions: henchman21

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They lose on purpose so he doesn't feel bad. Everyone knows how sensitive and whiny Pietrangelo is. Vegas just looking out for his feelings.
IMG_2729.gif

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This season started on the wrong foot (Rants drama, Toews calling out players, etc) and it felt like we never really got going. A shitload of our wins are coming from behind wins and are solely due to Mackinnon playing unreal hockey.

We blamed this on RyJo and not having a 2C for a good chunk of the season. Then Makar's "injury". Now it's goaltending.

Add to that that Mikko has played pretty damn bad all year despite his offensive stats.

The truth is something has been wrong with this team all season and I'm losing hope that it's going to be OK for the playoffs.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
This season started on the wrong foot (Rants drama, Toews calling out players, etc) and it felt like we never really got going. A shitload of our wins are coming from behind wins and are solely due to Mackinnon playing unreal hockey.

We blamed this on RyJo and not having a 2C for a good chunk of the season. Then Makar's "injury". Now it's goaltending.

Add to that that Mikko has played pretty damn bad all year despite his offensive stats.

The truth is something has been wrong with this team all season and I'm losing hope that it's going to be OK for the playoffs.
Mack has absolutely carried this team this year but especially Makar and Mikko

I’d be thrilled to be proven wrong and have them go deep but they look like a group that needs a shakeup and/or retool (especially of the D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad