Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Landeskog was the needed force and leader for the locker room. Without him any chance of a deep playoff run was slim. You hope that he can be 50 percent of what he was on the ice because otherwise, the decline is only going to get worse. The front office has a massive challenge in front of them and it starts by changing a culture of rot that has set in.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
There are zero teams that would trade for Nuke right now. Buyout, termination or stick through it are the only options.

Two.

Try everthing to terminate this contract and get this player of the team.

Or trade his ass to Utah or any team willingly wants to get more picks. And there lies the problem: You will have to sacrifice a lot to get this contract of your team.

One player f***ed a whole org.... I really hope the teams go against this shit in the next CBA.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Two.

Try everthing to terminate this contract and get this player of the team.

Or trade his ass to Utah or any team willingly wants to get more picks. And there lies the problem: You will have to sacrifice a lot to get this contract of your team.

One player f***ed a whole org.... I really hope the teams go against this shit in the next CBA.
Even a six year LTIR is preferable.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This is how cup windows close. Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Can't see Avs win a Rantanen trade but you can't pay him $12M/year for the next 7-8 years. Then you ruin the next cup window as well.

Trade Rants, sign Stamkos, keep Drouin. Not to mention the players we get from the Rantanen trade. It's an upgrade.

That's better for us than Rantanen by himself.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Don't see how Nuke can come back and face his teammates. Once was bad, twice? Unacceptable. His teammates must be pissed.
He cares more about snorting cocaine and hanging out with his Russian buddies than the team. Let him go. Set him free to KHL. Everyone wins.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves him as a player. Great great player.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I have always been a big Mikko Rantanen defender. When he wants to be he is one of the 10 best players in the NHL. With his size, hands, and ability to shoot the puck he should be tickling 50 goals and 110 points easily each season. But the dude is the definition of a passenger. He is Colorado's Mitch Marner. And I am getting tired of this shit, even as someone who would defend him constantly, and I just can't do it anymore.

He has long stretches where he plays completely on talent. Where his effort would make PLD blush and he just disappears. This series has just condensed what Mikko Rantanen is down to a single bullet point.
  • Extremely talented winger who puts up points despite his effort.
So what do we do? We need to move on from him. How do we do it? I don't know? Do we chase someone similar age and maybe less skill but more effort? Probably. Do we trade for futures? Probably not. But all I know is we need to do something. I can't take a lazy asshole having the gall to be frustrated when he only gives half effort.

Like someone mentioned in the GDT, when he was pressuring in the offensive zone and he could have easily punished Heiskanen, but instead he just went there throwing his stick around a bit. You punish bad habits of their best player, when you get a chance, instead he p***yed out completely. It was enough for me. This guys lack of effort reminds me of freaking RyJo sometimes and that's terrible.

Watching two of the top 5 players (Mac/Makar) in the game just absolutely quit on the season tonight in front of the home crowd, tells you all you need to know about how far this team can go in the future. There’s no roster move that could ever be made that would make up for the lack of pride. Just an absolutely embarrassing display.

This was sickening

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
The AVS can easily rebuild the squad. LITR Landeskog next season, terminate the contract with Nuke and trade Rantanen for players and for the draft.
Money enough to fix everything.

Eye of the tiger!!! Too many lush superstars just don't work. You need young wild players who want to achieve something. Or stars who haven't achieved it yet and want it badly.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Utah and Nuke sounds like bad fit. Mormon state. He would be like fish without water.

Talk about a death sentence. It would be a bit hilarious.

True. If Nuke agrees to that, id take it.
1. For the lolz it would be worth it.

2. This is not against anybody as a poster. It is very clear that people have not been around SLC... there is a ton of drug use in that city. More than most places in the US.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
This is how cup windows close. Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Can't see Avs win a Rantanen trade but you can't pay him $12M/year for the next 7-8 years. Then you ruin the next cup window as well.
There is no next window cause they traded all their youth away

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
1. For the lolz it would be worth it.

2. This is not against anybody as a poster. It is very clear that people have not been around SLC... there is a ton of drug use in that city. More than most places in the US.
As someone who had a decent amount of Mormons(or grew up in Mormon families) at my high school. There were two types of kids, the ones that were pretty orthodox and followed the religion. And the others did by far the most drugs of anyone that I knew lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As someone who had a decent amount of Mormons(or grew up in Mormon families) at my high school. There were two types of kids, the ones that were pretty orthodox and followed the religion. And the others did by far the most drugs of anyone that I knew lol.
I went to college in a very Mormon heavy areas... let's just say 18/19/20 for a lot of Mormons is very wild. :laugh:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm fine retooling and moving Mikko in the process unless there is an underlying reason for his play.
The most effort I saw from him this series was in the last few minutes when there was little hope. That only lasted a shift. The guy is going to be paid like a game-breaker, and he isn't that IMO.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I get how moving Mikko makes sense from a cap perspective, but we lose Landy and Nuke we are suddenly very short on the wing. I don't think you can move your best piece at wing in that situation.

Avs pro scouts need to clutch one out. Will probably have a little money to play with, need to find a top six winger in the offseason.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Avs pro scouts need to clutch one out. Will probably have a little money to play with, need to find a top six winger in the offseason.
None, unless Mikko is moved. As it stands right now, Nuke and Landy will both count against the cap during next season. That money is not available. Of course things might happen with Nuke, who knows maybe a trade even. But we are not going to have the money available from Nuke unless something changes dramatically in the process, as in a trade, Nuke voids the contract himself and goes back to Russia, or something else comes up that allows the Avs to terminate the deal.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'm fine retooling and moving Mikko in the process unless there is an underlying reason for his play.
The most effort I saw from him this series was in the last few minutes when there was little hope. That only lasted a shift. The guy is going to be paid like a game-breaker, and he isn't that IMO.
What's frustrating is that we know he can be a gamebreaker. There are times that he tries - but it feels like season by season those episodes of him actually trying get shorter and shorter.

Reactions: AslanRH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad