2024 Team Board Mock Draft

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Hawks fan

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabres Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyers ??????

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Any Chance of allowing people to see who voted so we can check their profiles to see if their a fan of that team?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Still expect CBJ to go Silayev over Lindstrom, but in this scenario, you gotta think Montreal is lookiing to get paid to take Iginla/Sennecke/Catton rather than take Iginla at 5. No scouts have Iginla as a top 5 talent.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Blackhawks have to choose between a winger for bedard or starting to fix their defense, Taking Demidov makes sense.

Ducks Lack depth at RD and have gone after forwards in the draft recently, Levshunov definitely makes sense

The Jackets while one or two of their Defense prospects haven't been trending well they overall still have good Defensive depth. Centers are high value and having a Lindstrom Fantilli center combo sounds very deadly. Good pick!

The Habs are in a hard spot and could go in multiple directions, and chose Iginla, overall good pick. Could have seen them take Silayev just because of his uniqueness.

Reactions: Guadana

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
The Montreal vote is so interesting to me. Silayev, Buium & Dickinson are on the board yet they garnered just 16% of the vote. Iginla, Catton & Sennecke are great players but it feels like you're leaving serious talent on the board if you force for a forward. The D this year are just so much more exciting and we knew this last year. I still can't comprehend why they wouldn't take Michkov. The "he didn't want to play there" story was nonsense. He told Arizona to get lost but all credible reports said Montreal wasn't interested in the player and didn't want to wait for the contract.

Reinbacher looked good with Laval and is a solid prospect, but imagine Michkov + Silayev/Buium in the pipeline instead of Reinbacher + Iginla/Catton.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Montreal vote is so interesting to me. Silayev, Buium & Dickinson are on the board yet they garnered just 16% of the vote. Iginla, Catton & Sennecke are great players but it feels like you're leaving serious talent on the board if you force for a forward. The D this year are just so much more exciting and we knew this last year. I still can't comprehend why they wouldn't take Michkov. The "he didn't want to play there" story was nonsense. He told Arizona to get lost but all credible reports said Montreal wasn't interested in the player and didn't want to wait for the contract.

Reinbacher looked good with Laval and is a solid prospect, but imagine Michkov + Silayev/Buium in the pipeline instead of Reinbacher + Iginla/Catton.
The Habs do have a bit of depth on defense so I can understand fans wanting to get a forward this year. Picking the BPA who is probably a defenseman would require more imagination and thought because of which current defenseman prospects and players would eventually be traded away for talented forward.

For a poll that doesn't get into that nitty gritty I think Iginla is a good default choice.

as to Mitchov perhaps Radulov is still angry with the Habs and telling young Russians to avoid Montreal?:dunno:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Montreal vote is so interesting to me. Silayev, Buium & Dickinson are on the board yet they garnered just 16% of the vote. Iginla, Catton & Sennecke are great players but it feels like you're leaving serious talent on the board if you force for a forward. The D this year are just so much more exciting and we knew this last year.

Silayev and Dickinson exciting?

I'm not a Habs fan but I look at Kaiden Guhle and I wonder if either of those two will surpass him. They've got a lot more LD beyond that. Buium I'll give you, I'd have taken him above those three forwards.

Reactions: vokiel

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Blackhawks have to choose between a winger for bedard or starting to fix their defense, Taking Demidov makes sense.

Ducks Lack depth at RD and have gone after forwards in the draft recently, Levshunov definitely makes sense

The Jackets while one or two of their Defense prospects haven't been trending well they overall still have good Defensive depth. Centers are high value and having a Lindstrom Fantilli center combo sounds very deadly. Good pick!

The Habs are in a hard spot and could go in multiple directions, and chose Iginla, overall good pick. Could have seen them take Silayev just because of his uniqueness.

They're not taking a left shot defenseman, specifically one that will take 3 years just to get started in the NHL.

Our GM and scouts have all said they aren't interested in taking a LD and that they'd entertain moving down in a scenario where the LD are the clear BPA. They are very satisfied with Guhle, Xhekaj and Hutson on the left side, they are also very high on Engstrom, in addition they still have Matheson on the roster, and Harris plus Struble who would be in the top 6 of most teams in the NHL.

The Habs took the BPA last year, they got a right shot defenseman that isn't available this year. They got their foil to Hutson and someone who can defend, skate and move transition forward. Levshunov is going top 3 otherwise they would take him if Lindstrom/Demidov are both off the board and he is there.

There was no opportunity this year, really, outside of an insane situation, where they'd get a chance to draft a RD like Reinbacher so they still made the right choice.

Yea that's the point I'm trying to make, you take the F last year and the D this year instead

No you take your BPA at a premium position last year. Worst case this year is you take Lindstrom/Demidov or you trade down and get paid to take Iginla/Sennecke/Catton and have ammunition to move up from the Jets pick to add another talent to the organization.

They were never taking Michkov, he wasn't a stylistic or character fit. I personally don't think Leonard and Iginla at the time of the draft are drastically different, will Iginla's development curve continue the way Leonard's did this year? I'm not sure.. we will find out, but once you take the Michkov situation out, you aren't look at forwards at 5 last year who are demonstrably better than the forwards at 5 this year. I still think they'll end up with Lindstrom.

Silayev will go top 4, likely to CBJ, everything leans that way from anything close to the NHL right now.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'd rather Parekh or Catton personnally for the Habs.

edit : If many teams view Silayev as a top 3 pick, perhaps they'd be ready to pay to move up. I'd trade down if Demidov/Leshunov/Lindstrom are gone.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

I'd rather Reinbacher than Silayev, probably equal to Buium. We'll see. Last season was very difficult for Reinbacher playing on a god awful team.

Michkov is more talented, but we didn't draft him for other reasons. Time will tell if the other reasons we valid or not.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Because it was a bad management. Montreal or near Montreal Canadiens media started sh1t on him before the draft. Michkov himself said that he didn't say he doesn't want to play in Montreal and when he was interviewed with them, their scout didn't even know where exactly he is playing and which hand.

So when Montreal decided to not take BPA, they made huge mistake to reach for Reinbacher who doesn't even look like best defenseman from that draft now. There would be at least three or more players who are looking like better players now. May be even more. And there were about two three players who looked better in the moment.

But RD was a huge need for Montreal, its questionable but Reinbacher looks like better two way RD than Yakemchuk or Parekh. So if they wanted RD no matter what, may be it was a decision they should make. If they tried to draft better player they missed very hard.

----

Its really interesting how ex Coyotes will act. I think they will pick Buium.

Last edited:
Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Because it was a bad management. Montreal or near Montreal Canadiens media started sh1t on him before the draft. Michkov himself said that he didn't say he doesn't want to play in Montreal and when he was interviewed with them, their scout didn't even know where exactly he is playing and which hand.

So when Montreal decided to not take BPA, they made huge mistake to reach for Reinbacher who doesn't even look like best defenseman from that draft now. There would be at least three or more players who are looking like better players now. May be even more. And there were about two three players who looked better in the moment.

But RD was a huge need for Montreal, its questionable but Reinbacher looks like better two way RD than Yakemchuk or Parekh. So if they wanted RD no matter what, may be it was a decision they should make. If they tried to draft better player they missed very hard.

----

Its really interesting how ex Coyotes will act. I think they will pick Buium.
I think Reinbacher is very similar to Leshunov in terms of their respective draft year and potential. Slight edge to Leshunov, I think his offense has been a little better so far, but very hard to tell because of the different leagues.

About Michkov, there was a video posted on the Canadiens youtube channel showcasing internal discussion prior to the draft and you can clearly guess they are talking very highly of Michkov. They 100% debated him with their pick. They knew for sure where he was playing and what side he was shooting. It might've just been a question to check how he would re-act.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think Reinbacher is very similar to Leshunov in terms of their respective draft year and potential. Slight edge to Leshunov, I think his offense has been a little better so far, but very hard to tell because of the different leagues.

About Michkov, there was a video posted on the Canadiens youtube channel showcasing internal discussion prior to the draft and you can clearly guess they are talking very highly of Michkov. They 100% debated him with their pick. They knew for sure where he was playing and what side he was shooting. It might've just been a question to check how he would re-act.
If they want to ask this questions they are not very smart at least from wasting the time angle.

In case of Reinbacher I like his positionsl game much more, I saw less mistakes with the puck in d zone, better decision making under harder pressure in much more competent league, I think Levshunov is more mobile and he has more in o zone, as a playmaker especially. I think I would prefer Reinbacher if I would need to pick between them but I like more defensive oriented defensemen. I understand arguments for Levshunov. But overall I praise better IQ and decision making and in case of defensemen it is even more important than skill.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad