Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They also note that’s before sales. And they’re planning on selling Sancho and Greenwood.

Greenwood for say 15M lets you spend 75M on a new player. Sancho for 25M lets you spend something like 50M on a new player
They will sell more I believe.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They will sell more I believe.
Yeah, the intent is to sell but problem will be how much they cant get for them. For example Dortmund would rather loan out Sancho again than buy him. And I read that Antony would have to be sold for a minimum £51 million for the sake of the FFP. The only option with him is probably a loan.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ultimately it depends who they can sell and for how much. I don't think Bruno is going anywhere because he'd be the hardest to replace.
There are no player on Man United that is hard to replace. Of course you have to keep Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund for obvious reasons but if a team want Bruno or Rashford you should let them go.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
They also note that’s before sales. And they’re planning on selling Sancho and Greenwood.

Greenwood for say 15M lets you spend 75M on a new player. Sancho for 25M lets you spend something like 50M on a new player
There's Napoli interest on Greenwood yesterday some reports came up.
If that's the price for Sancho I'm sure BVB would pay it. I would expect others would come too

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's been reported now that Rennes turned down 20M from Leverkusen for Doue last winter (insulting offer really).
They're asking for 60. They'll get 50 IMO. Probably from PSG.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's been reported now that Rennes turned down 20M from Leverkusen for Doue last winter (insulting offer really).
They're asking for 60. They'll get 50 IMO. Probably from PSG.

They were just trying to do you a solid by letting Wirtz teach Doue :sarcasm:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

I have my doubts about Davies leaving. Don't think he'd get enough of a return to justify that, so you might as well just run down his contract.

Skipp should probably stay because he's one of their only club-grown players. Mayyybe if they do manage to bring Walker-Peters back, which is rumored.

The rest I don't mind leaving.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

I have my doubts about Davies leaving. Don't think he'd get enough of a return to justify that, so you might as well just run down his contract.

Skipp should probably stay because he's one of their only club-grown players. Mayyybe if they do manage to bring Walker-Peters back, which is rumored.

The rest I don't mind leaving.
I'd keep Lo Celso, Hojberg and Richarlison.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That was probably not that obvious last winter.

By definition it was less obvious last winter, and I hear what you're saying about preparing for worst case scenarios...but even back then, Wirtz and his father had both gone on record to say that Flo had no desire to move before the euros and that they intended to spend the 2024-2025 season with Leverkusen*

...and now we've thoroughly ruined my joke about France needing Germans to teach their youth to be creative...

*pretty sure I even made jokes about Bayern having two years to save up for Flo after blowing their wad on Harry.

Last edited:

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Looks like the third summer of us signing a midfielder on a free transfer. Strong links with Ross Barkley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad