Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
hey now. ETH is the best manager ever. His transfer record is undefeated. He can buy all the players from the Netherlands he wants.

Stop running him down! I won't take this slander!

Actually on a logical point, I will believe the "ETH won't get whomever he wants" talk when it actually happens. At some point, they have to continue to back the manager. He's going to have a say, as long as he's there. INEOS or wtf'ever might be running things now, but they've even come out and said ETH is there guy for now. It would be really stupid to start buying players who he doesn't want and let him continue to manage the club. Sure... they have to make sure they're not crap, but at some point he does get some say in the matter.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I feel like its hard to find a manager who's been more backed than:
- 100M on Antony, his Ajax winger
- 60M on Lisandro, his Ajax CB
- 50M on Onana, his Ajax GK

All while spending an additional ~225M on Hojlund, Mount, Casemiro, and Malacia.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They have backed the manager. They've bought crap. He deserves a big bit of that blame. However... if they keep him, they can't just say, F off, you're getting what we buy or nothing. Might as well just fire him now.

Reactions: KJS14

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
would love for grealish to get out of City. pep made him a better player in some ways, but smashed all of the joy out of his game which made him one of the most fun players in the league to watch
He does feel like the most Spursy player.
insofar as both grealish and spurs have played one champions league final in the last five years, yes

• Haha
Reactions: Chimaera

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
hey now. ETH is the best manager ever. His transfer record is undefeated. He can buy all the players from the Netherlands he wants.

Stop running him down! I won't take this slander!

Actually on a logical point, I will believe the "ETH won't get whomever he wants" talk when it actually happens. At some point, they have to continue to back the manager. He's going to have a say, as long as he's there. INEOS or wtf'ever might be running things now, but they've even come out and said ETH is there guy for now. It would be really stupid to start buying players who he doesn't want and let him continue to manage the club. Sure... they have to make sure they're not crap, but at some point he does get some say in the matter.
I get your point and in no way am I defending ETH’s transfer stuff but it was already shown he doesn’t get whoever he wants with the Timber pursuit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Usually I have a higher bar for this but since I’m about to go on sabbatical.

There is some noise connecting LFC to Anthony Gordon. I’d be here for it. Newcastle probably going to have to sell (at least) one of their big guns for PSR. I’d be saying to them, “sell us Gordon so you can keep Isak (and/or Bruno G) another year”, especially with them getting Minteh; who is really f’n good, back from loan. Didn’t rate Gordon this time last year, but was definitely impressed this year

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can't see Guimaraes another year in Newcastle. You gotta think a bigger fish gets him this summer
City supposedly want to reunite him and Paqueta. PSG interested too.

Newcastle might be able to “afford” to sell Bruno and Gordon. Isak is the one that’s not replaceable for them. They’ll still buy too( but they have internal replacements for Bruno and Gordon; especially if they trust their youth

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Can't see Guimaraes another year in Newcastle. You gotta think a bigger fish gets him this summer
He apparently has a 100M release clause, but (1) that seems like too high a fee for him to generate a lot of interest and (2) it expires before June 30th so it would be accounted for on the buying club's books for this year, and a lot of the big clubs are already tight on PSR compliance.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He apparently has a 100M release clause, but (1) that seems like too high a fee for him to generate a lot of interest and (2) it expires before June 30th so it would be accounted for on the buying club's books for this year, and a lot of the big clubs are already tight on PSR compliance.
You know after Rice and Caicedo, 100m does not feel like too bad of market value there. That might just be the going rate for that position

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You know after Rice and Caicedo, 100m does not feel like too bad of market value there. That might just be the going rate for that position
Rice was as much of a sure thing as you'll ever see for a 100M signing. I was a bit hesitant to pay that much last summer even though I loved the player. In hindsight, we could have paid an extra 50M and I would have been happy with it. But at least from an Arsenal perspective, I don't think of Bruno G as the same level of "sure thing" as Rice was last summer.

But to your point, Caicedo was less proven than Bruno G is now, so him going for 115M does support that argument. Caicedo being younger though.

Even if that's the new going rate, the release clause expiring before 6/30 is sure to be an issue for a lot of EPL clubs. I think that Newcastle will keep him or a deal will be agreed after 6/30 if he does move.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad