Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Meanwhile Kvata is excited at the possibility of joining PSG. Luis Henrique is extremely keen on him joining.
Are you guys still interested in Osimhen as well?

I remember seeing links to him last summer and throughout the year but seems everything related to him right now is the EPL.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cubarsi has signed a new deal with Barca with a 500 million release clause.

As for Mbappe, Romano says he’ll be taking a pay cut to come more in line with other wages in Madrid and notably less than what they would have paid him two years ago. Besides, Kroos and Kepa’s respective wages will cover a large chunk of that and if they say goodbye to Madric that’s probably most of it. The issue Madrid might run into is keeping everyone happy. Initially I wouldn’t expect that to be a big issue, but in a year’s time… I’m assuming a Rodrygo or one of their young midfielders won’t want to just be rotated. Different players have different ambitions and motivations though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's the player's choice apparently.

The player wants to stay in Leipzig for a while. Which is understandable since he's moved every year the last 3.
I guess, but like I am at least trying; especially if they are looking at LFC guys already. Makes too much sense.

Nico Williams probably my first choice (not going out on a limb there but still), but Simons certainly up there too

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Cubarsi has signed a new deal with Barca with a 500 million release clause.

As for Mbappe, Romano says he’ll be taking a pay cut to come more in line with other wages in Madrid and notably less than what they would have paid him two years ago. Besides, Kroos and Kepa’s respective wages will cover a large chunk of that and if they say goodbye to Madric that’s probably most of it. The issue Madrid might run into is keeping everyone happy. Initially I wouldn’t expect that to be a big issue, but in a year’s time… I’m assuming a Rodrygo or one of their young midfielders won’t want to just be rotated. Different players have different ambitions and motivations though.
With both the CL and the Club World Cup having more games, I think there will be plenty of minutes for everyone. That being said, some players might get pissed at not being first choice for the must win games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Are you guys still interested in Osimhen as well?

I remember seeing links to him last summer and throughout the year but seems everything related to him right now is the EPL.
Yes Osimhen has already agreed per various sources but negociating with Napoli will be tough.

Campos wants Doue and Yoro as I said before but he also wants Akliouche.
Finally someone smart enough at PSG to try for young French gems instead of going abroad for talent.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rafa Silva is going to leave Benfica on a free at the end of the season. He's 30 but I think he'd be an interesting player for a lot of teams in need of offensive weapons.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Rafa Silva is going to leave Benfica on a free at the end of the season. He's 30 but I think he'd be an interesting player for a lot of teams in need of offensive weapons.
A team like Al-Ettifaq or Al-Taawoun could sure use him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I’d be curious to see what he can do outside of Portugal, but not sure he’d be quite as productive.

Maybe Benfica bring Schjelderup back now? Curious if they sell Neves and/or Silva. They need to upgrade their attack if Sporting don’t sell Gyokeres.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He was great for a while but injuries and age catching up have left him not near the level he once was.

I think he could still do well on a team that sat back more since his lack of quickness wouldn’t be exposed as much and his IQ/positioning would help out more.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He was great for a while but injuries and age catching up have left him not near the level he once was.

I think he could still do well on a team that sat back more since his lack of quickness wouldn’t be exposed as much and his IQ/positioning would help out more.
On the plus side for United, losing that £300K from the wage bill will help in signing a younger CB (Todibo?).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
On the plus side for United, losing that £300K from the wage bill will help in signing a younger CB (Todibo?).
Nah problably some dude from Holland.

In other CB news, Yoro has supposedly rejected Real because of lack of playing time concerns.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nah problably some dude from Holland.

In other CB news, Yoro has supposedly rejected Real because of lack of playing time concerns.
The manager will no longer be able to sign who they want in the new structure.
-------------------------------------------------------------

:help:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The manager will no longer be able to sign who they want in the new structure.
Sure, we'll see.

What were TH's signings BTW?
- A questionnable doped goalkeeper formerly from Holland
- Some decent dwarf from Holland always injured
- a player that disappeared for a season at Chelsea, bought like he was still an impact player
- a prospect striker far from ready from Serie A
- a retirement project from Real
- a brazilian wife beater who couldn't put half decent numbers in HOLLAND with AYAX.
- a decent LB in the dutch league who is always injured
- a depth midfielder from Serie A
- a guy with heart problems on a free on his last legs.

Total amount : 445,5 M€ over 2 years. Average price per player? 50M (counting two players on a free) Total number of impact players : 0.

I don't know if ETH is banned from the transfer market, but he better be for United's sake.

Reactions: Chimaera and KJS14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure, we'll see.

What were TH's signings BTW?
- A questionnable doped goalkeeper formerly from Holland
- Some decent dwarf from Holland always injured
- a player that disappeared for a season at Chelsea, bought like he was still an impact player
- a prospect striker far from ready from Serie A
- a retirement project from Real
- a brazilian wife beater who couldn't put half decent numbers in HOLLAND with AYAX.
- a decent LB in the dutch league who is always injured
- a depth midfielder from Serie A
- a guy with heart problems on a free on his last legs.

Total amount : 445,5 M€ over 2 years. Average price per player? 50M (counting two players on a free) Total number of impact players : 0.

I don't know if ETH is banned from the transfer market, but he better be for United's sake.
Whoa, watch the language, that's World Cup winner Lisandro Martinez you're talking about. And he's only had one freak injury which has taken longer than expected to recover from. No United fan is complaining about signing him. Pretty much all the players bought had been injury free before but of course as soon as they put on the United kit, they become brittle as glass.

Reactions: luiginb

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Some smoke that Liverpool want to pay the £85M release clause for Kudus. Would be a nice profit in one summer, but hope they keep him. Electric player, and he was played out of position all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad