2024 spring GM meetings underway

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Interesting. New partnership. Guessing marquee names. Crosby. Panarin. McDavid. Etc.

These behind the scenes docs on athletes have been fantastic. The tennis and golf ones on Netflix have been fantastic. Of course, Hard Knocks has been great for years.

Reactions: dj4aces

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
How about a team NOT being able to ice a team over the cap?

That's never going to happen. There are already penalties for being above the cap also they aren't going to punish teams cause players got hurt to the point they are on LTIR and the team replaces the player on the active roster. They will only punish teams for misusing the LTIR system by trying to place someone on LTIR that doesn't belong there. The salary cap is based on active NHL players not including everyone including those on LTIR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
How about a team NOT being able to ice a team over the cap?
I think this was phrased well and intentionally. It's not a suggestion to end LTIR it is a suggestion to not be allowed to have a team on the ice that makes more money than the salary cap. So once your players come back, you have to choose who goes on the ice.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think this was phrased well and intentionally. It's not a suggestion to end LTIR it is a suggestion to not be allowed to have a team on the ice that makes more money than the salary cap. So once your players come back, you have to choose who goes on the ice.

Again there are already penalties in places for having a higher cap hit than the cap allows for the ACTIVE player list. And if someone comes off the LTIR they CAN NOT be reactive unless they have enough cap space for it.

NHL will never tell a team you can't play if they are over the cap they just penalize ya for it.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Again there are already penalties in places for having a higher cap hit than the cap allows for the ACTIVE player list. And if someone comes off the LTIR they CAN NOT be reactive unless they have enough cap space for it.

NHL will never tell a team you can't play if they are over the cap they just penalize ya for it.
I believe the issue and complaint is specific to the playoffs. Where indeed you can ice a team well over the cap.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I believe the issue and complaint is specific to the playoffs. Where indeed you can ice a team well over the cap.

there is no cap for playoffs cause they aren't getting paid and there will never be a cap for playoffs why? The union willing never approve the ability to restrict a healthy player from playing cause he makes too much.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Which is perfectly legal when you build a roster within the rules of the salary cap by saving cap space for it. Which, some people want to put in a rule to say after the fact, "that's not legal."

Which, if implemented, will kill activity at the trade deadline.

1. Maybe do your goddamn job and people won't be pissed. Or, better yet, GTFO and let someone who's interested in doing the job correctly do so.
2. Maybe take this suggestion on what to improve on: everything about the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad