Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sox win, zero posts.

Good day to reflect on Sox being 13-10 with their terrible roster and mountain of injuries.

How can Dalbec still be hitting in the middle of the lineup? Batting .033 with 18 K's in 30 at bats, that's not just a bad hitter. That's a bad hitting pitcher.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Sox win, zero posts.

Good day to reflect on Sox being 13-10 with their terrible roster and mountain of injuries.

How can Dalbec still be hitting in the middle of the lineup? Batting .033 with 18 K's in 30 at bats, that's not just a bad hitter. That's a bad hitting pitcher.

helps getting gifted 12 games against Oakland, Pittsburgh and the Angels.

Yay, they moved out of the cellar yesterday...

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Over the course of the season, it's very important to play teams at the right time. Pirates started out 9-2. But Sox got to play them as they are struggling.

Yes, there is a good chance their good fortune doesn't continue in Cleveland.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

If you aren't encouraged by how well the starting pitching has performed, I don't know what to tell you. That's been a very unexpected surprise.

The rest of the team has been about what you'd expect out of that lineup this year, however so far, they've done a pretty good job overcoming some injuries to key players.

Sure the season is early, they've had some favorable matchups and I'm sure there will be a regression in the starting pitching performance, but at the end of the day, they're getting as much out of that lineup as you can possibly expect. Defensively, they're a mess. But I don't think anybody is surprised by that after last year.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I get Sox fans are pissed off at ownership. But those coaches and players are competing. I think that needs to be recognized.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Nobody is mad at the players or coaches on this team. Nobody.

It's the ownership we have an issue with, and rightfully so. Seeing the pitching they've gotten despite this roster, only makes me madder. This team  could of been legitimately in the running. But tptb don't care. And as a Sox fan its f***ing incredibly fustrating.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Sox win, zero posts.

When the other options are hitting .174, .000(0 for 1), and .194 behind him there isn't much choices to be made there. Hell their leadoff yesterday is hitting .162. Outside of Wong, O'Neill and Duran the offense has been horrendous this season. What's even worse is that out of the 13 players that have played at least 10 games, 6 of them are batting under .200. The Sox have solved their pitching woes but now have hitting woes.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sea Dog Matthew Lugo named Eastern League POW;

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Holy shit, Aaron Boone gets warned and then tossed one batter into the game.

The microphones and cameras caught the entire exchange!

When the other options are hitting .174, .000(0 for 1), and .194 behind him there isn't much choices to be made there. Hell their leadoff yesterday is hitting .162. Outside of Wong, O'Neill and Duran the offense has been horrendous this season. What's even worse is that out of the 13 players that have played at least 10 games, 6 of them are batting under .200. The Sox have solved their pitching woes but now have hitting woes.
Did you miss the part about hitting .033 with 18 strikeouts?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Casas:

Screenshot_20240312_014459_Twitter.jpg

They should sign Brandon Belt. Might as well.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

The only thing I hate more than Aaron Boone and anything Yankee related is the entitled group of umpires in MLB.

“I don’t care who said it” while you throw out a guy who you know didn’t “say it”….is about as entitled as it gets.

I have so little respect for umpires.

Take me back

It was a Sunday night, I believe and I was folding laundry, for those interested in such things.

Lol

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad