Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Ball 4 or not, you gotta expand your strike zone as a hitter when you have 2 strikes. You're leaving your fate in the umpire's hands there.

He fouled off 2 pitches earlier in the count that were further outside than that last one.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Nah I want my hitters swinging at strikes and taking balls. Casas shouldn’t be punished for being better than the umpire at their job, and that’s happened far too often this season. That pitch wasn’t even borderline

He will be umpires worst nightmare with the challenge system
But there ISN'T a challenge system. So you have to foul that pitch off and stay alive, or you live with the call and put your fate in the umpire's hands.

That's the fate you live with when you fall behind in the count.

Reactions: dangermike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
But there ISN'T a challenge system. So you have to foul that pitch off and stay alive, or you live with the call and put your fate in the umpire's hands.

That's the fate you live with when you fall behind in the count.
It was a full count he wasn’t even behind. He should have been the tying runner on 1st

And now the umpire continues to be bad at his job. Robots

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Baseball equivalent of victim-blaming right here.
Not saying he didn't get screwed on the call. He did.

What I'm saying is that you have to change your approach with 2 strikes against you. You lay off that pitch when you have a 2/3-0, or 2/3-1 count. When you have 2 strikes, you try to foul off anything that's close.

He did that twice, with a 1-2 count on pitches that were further outside. Not sure why he laid off that last one...

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He did that twice, with a 1-2 count on pitches that were further outside. Not sure why he laid off that last one...

Maybe he asked the ump after the foul offs if he would've called those pitches "balls". Ump says yes, so he lays off the next one. Not watching it so spit-balling here.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Another game lost because of SS defense
Screenshot_20240312_014459_Twitter.jpg

Story was very valuable to this team. More than people want to admit.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
55 Earned Runs in 20 games is stellar pitching. 26 Unearned Runs on 20 errors....not so much.

The real question is whether or not the defense gets better before the pitching gets worse. I gotta believe that neither of these rates are sustainable through a full season.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The bigger question is: who will be our SS?

Who is going to stop the errors? It's the entire infield.

It's just maddening

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm going to react to results and right now this lineup is putrid. You had to trot out a 3-9 of:

Abreu
Valdez
Wong
Hamilton
Reyes
McGuire
Rafaela

That is not worthy of any major league club regardless of injuries. And I don't want to dump on Rafaela but again I will question locking him up so quickly for so long. The guy might not be able to hit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Duran DH
Mayer SS
Oneill LF
Devers 3B
Casas 1B
Anthony RF
Vaughn 2B
Teel C
Rafaella CF

beats reality

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The bigger question is: who will be our SS?

Who is going to stop the errors? It's the entire infield.

It's just maddening
It doesn’t matter - all that matters is are improvements of young players

60 wins only means $20 seats to catch some sun, see a game, get fresh air watch some kids develop and other teams stars

We were discussing today going in next homestead if weather good day of game going to box office buying cheapest seats and grabbing box seats thet will be empty

And if it doesn’t work out we will sit outside at a bar and drink rum runners and Guinness and tell stories how awesome we used to be

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It doesn’t matter - all that matters is are improvements of young players

60 wins only means $20 seats to catch some sun, see a game, get fresh air watch some kids develop and other teams stars

We were discussing today going in next homestead if weather good day of game going to box office buying cheapest seats and grabbing box seats thet will be empty

And if it doesn’t work out we will sit outside at a bar and drink rum runners and Guinness and tell stories how awesome we used to be
Those were the days.

Reactions: DKH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sea Dogs SS Marcelo Mayer is getting hot..... in the midst of a 9 game hit streak as Portland shut out the Jays AA Affiliate NH Fisher Cats 3-0

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad