Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This story just refuses to die....

I believe she’s one of the accusers that came out of the woodwork after the initial accusation. She’s apparently doing it to another person too. Just a gross thing to do and completely shits on actual victims.

Reactions: EverettMike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seems like Raffy is minor and Whitlock is hitting the IL, but it’s more precautionary than anything

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This year's White Sox team is historically bad. I honestly believe they are going to win fewer games than the '62 Mets (40) this year.

The really sad part is that they don't have a lot in their farm system either. Unless they decide to crack out the checkbook this summer (and they won't), I don't see them being good for a really long time.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
There’s been a don’t ever do that again and an it’s too high call tonight.

We’re so bad we really are turning into major league

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
There’s been a don’t ever do that again and an it’s too high call tonight.

We’re so bad we really are turning into major league
I have a parent who sent me a long rambling email about how I’m mismanaging the team because I don’t have her kid playing the same position he plays for his travel team.

I told my assistant coaches I’m going to get a cardboard cutout of her for my office.

Every time we win, we peel a section.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Who is in charge of teaching players how to step on bases?

Hamilton needs a few hours with him.

Reactions: CDJ

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I have a parent who sent me a long rambling email about how I’m mismanaging the team because I don’t have her kid playing the same position he plays for his travel team.

I told my assistant coaches I’m going to get a cardboard cutout of her for my office.

Mismanaging the team, or mismanaging her kid's chances of being a first round draft pick? You are likely costing this family the chance to earn hundreds of millions of dollars.

Shame, shame, shame.

• Haha
Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Starting when my daughter was 10/11, I’d hit her dozens of fly balls in CF before or after practices. She wasn’t always happy about this because at that point she pitched and played IF.

Even at that age I told her that her best path to playing varsity in HS was to learn to play as many positions as she could.

She ended up playing varsity OF for 4 years and got offers to play in college.

I’ll never understand parents or players who want to lock themselves into one position.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Houck giving us something to root for. That was wonderful. It's been a long time since I've watched a pitcher of ours look that good.

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: sarge88

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Starting when my daughter was 10/11, I’d hit her dozens of fly balls in CF before or after practices. She wasn’t always happy about this because at that point she pitched and played IF.

Even at that age I told her that her best path to playing varsity in HS was to learn to play as many positions as she could.

She ended up playing varsity OF for 4 years and got offers to play in college.

I’ll never understand parents or players who want to lock themselves into one position.
When I coached my kids 7 v 7 soccer, I would sub 3 players at a time...

The subs went in at forward, the forwards dropped to defense, the defense subbed out...

Everyone got chances all over the field

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
today: 4/18/94 was the birth of pro baseball in the city of Portland as the AA-Sea Dogs were officially introduced as the AA Affiliate of the now Miami (Florida) Marlins;

and the original teal color schematic will be returning for at least a game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad