2024 playoffs

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Belleville (OTT) eliminates Toronto Marlies (TML) IN what may become the final call in Coca Cola Coliseum for the AHL; Marlies then proceed to start post series brawl....

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Are we allowed to discuss in this thread? Apologies if we aren't, I'm new. Rooting for back to back calder cup wins for the Bears, naturally!! Was impressed with the Canuck's upset over the Griffins last night as well.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Are we allowed to discuss in this thread? Apologies if we aren't, I'm new. Rooting for back to back calder cup wins for the Bears, naturally!! Was impressed with the Canuck's upset over the Griffins last night as well.
Are we in the conference finals already? Man I missed a bunch of series didnt I?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I thought as the OP, @LadyStanley owns exclusive rights to limit round-by-round false starts. HUTCH is the 1st runner-up, taking over the OP crown recipient's duties if they cannot be executed by the crown holder. 👑
there used to be a lively forum discussion esp in this forum but since 2014/15 AND THE transition of member clubs those that were here have found other forms of posting....

• Wow
Reactions: JMCx4

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
No, only the division semis. Still that round and division finals before the conference finals.
Wasn't sure...the post I quoted was talking about Abbotsford upsetting Grand Rapids and the only way that could happen would be in the conference finals so...

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
there used to be a lively forum discussion esp in this forum but since 2014/15 AND THE transition of member clubs those that were here have found other forms of posting....
Agreed Hutch....BUT there is a myriad of reasons why there isn't much activity in this forum and others anymore. One of the reason is a lot of the old posters have grown tired of all of the inane nonsense that has gone unchecked at times...myself included. Another reason is that again a lot of the old posters have moved on to other forums and or places to post possibly due to a lot of the old guard per say is no longer on here. It seemed like a number of years ago a conversation or discussion could be had and that was it...now it seems like there are to many Chiefs and not enough Indians. It seems like back then things weren't always so black and white and there was room for conversation...now everything seems to get painted with a very broad brush and that's really sad because this place used to be a great place to come and talk...

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Seems to be the way a lot of forums have been going since around 2014/15, unfortunately. On top of the whole "nuance in conversation" aspect of things, which I do agree with, I think Discord as a whole has done a lot of harm in this regard. I'm not really fond of the way conversations flow on those kinds of platforms though, so I try to seek out these types of places. Hopefully enough folks still pop in to talk about the AHL occasionally!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Seems to be the way a lot of forums have been going since around 2014/15, unfortunately. On top of the whole "nuance in conversation" aspect of things, which I do agree with, I think Discord as a whole has done a lot of harm in this regard. I'm not really fond of the way conversations flow on those kinds of platforms though, so I try to seek out these types of places. Hopefully enough folks still pop in to talk about the AHL occasionally!
a lot of them also have moved on to FB style of messaging as well in addition to here and other forums which are not always league centric more toward team centric forums

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
again Division semifinals begin tomorrow w/ a 5 game slate..... and most team boards here have included any affiliate threads is also a reason why this forum lags behind from where it was simply because of the 'instant' form of communication....rather than having to post the same info twice or more.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad