Series Discussion: 2024 Playoffs - First Round - Jets vs Avalanche

Final Series Outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
reading some of the comments in the first couple pages, and then watching their GP (minus todays)... yikes

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Jets in 6. Such a solid, deep lineup. No one really elite, other than Hellebuyck (though I’ll listen to anyone making a case for Morrissey).

Can never feel confident against a team with Mackinnon and Makar, but boy this Jets squad has shown the ability to maintain consistent, strong play as well as the resolve to endure & overcome adversity.

I wish I could have watched more games this season, but I’m sure excited about seeing them in the playoffs
Not trying to single you out or pick on you, just using your post as an example of how many of us were feeling a couple weeks ago. I definitely was on the same page with you.

It appears that the depth of this Jets team was a complete mirage. Regular season depth that vanishes in the playoffs. Resolve to endure and overcome adversity? I thought so, but clearly Jets never faces actual adversity this season.

This is the most upset I've been in decades. This team fooled me, I am maybe more upset at myself for being a gullible fool than I am at them for being trash from top-to-bottom of the roster.

I'm going to stick it out because it ain't over til it's over. I'll give them one last chance to prove they aren't complete frauds. But if there aren't massive changes and we get the same crap of "we consider the season a success just need a few minor tweaks" I don't see myself following NHL hockey anymore. I can't root for anyone that's not the Jets. But the one thing I absolutely CANNOT abide in sports is a soft team that is great in regular season and then crumples like single ply toilet paper in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad