GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
After game one I said on the main boards that Florida would win the series in 5 games and a couple of Bruins fans gave me laugh reactions to the post. I am this close to getting the greatest pleasure of my life of getting to call them out for it.
Colorado about to get some receipts from me with one more loss. Can't wait.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Damn it's crazy how that "new dynasty" the Colorado Avalanche won one cup and then fizzled out. Ho hum.
Real talk for all of the f***ing hype this team has gotten since like... 2020 or so, their postseason results are middling as f***. A healthy Brayden Point and they don't have anything to show for all of it.

It's kind of post-lockout Red Wings for me. They should have won *way* more than one Cup. MacKinnon really gets quiet against tighter checking teams, but he can absolutely blow up a team that wants to get in a footrace.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Real talk for all of the f***ing hype this team has gotten since like... 2020 or so, their postseason results are middling as f***. A healthy Brayden Point and they don't have anything to show for all of it.

It's kind of post-lockout Red Wings for me. They should have won *way* more than one Cup. MacKinnon really gets quiet against tighter checking teams, but he can absolutely blow up a team that wants to get in a footrace.
I keep saying it, if Ross Colton's backhand goes under the crossbar in Game 1 instead of over it and if Kuch's one T is a bit lower instead of off the crossbar in Game 4, good chance the Lightning win in 5 or 6.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Is it weird that Helleybuck's numbers get worse in the playoffs? Can't think of many goaltenders that happens to, especially at his level.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, one time I looked closer and MacKinnon's playoff numbers and there is a bit of smoke and mirrors going on. He will score 2.5 points per game against the Arizonas of the league, but he's pretty down to earth against good teams. Not bad by any means, but the numbers are inflated more than the average star player's.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, one time I looked closer and MacKinnon's playoff numbers and there is a bit of smoke and mirrors going on. He will score 2.5 points per game against the Arizonas of the league, but he's pretty down to earth against good teams. Not bad by any means, but the numbers are inflated more than the average star player's.

I mean every player is like that? Kucherov had 0 points in 3 of the 5 games against Montreal and only 4 points in the Colorado series, he was also completely invisible in the recent series against Florida and the last half of the Toronto series last year. Good teams are harder to score against? Who woulda thought. Dallas probably has the best defense in the playoffs right now and doing their best impression of Hedman-McDonagh by having Heiskanen and Tanev as a 1-2 punch. Took that page right out of our book really.

Nobody torches early series like McDavid does not like anyone here would complain if our guys could do the same and end a series earlier. Play a long drawn out series and you get freak accidents like Point vs Toronto.

Last edited:
Reactions: flying squirrel

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is Montreal a good team? The series against Montreal was by far the easiest in that cup run.

Then by that logic he should've torched them? What I'm saying is points are points no need to discredit when our guys have up and down production as well.

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Then by that logic he should've torched them? What I'm saying is points are points no need to discredit when our guys have up and down production as well.
Not necessarily, even this season he scored more points against good teams than against bottom teams. Sometimes he plays well sometimes he plays terrible, but I don't feel like it depends on how good the opponent's roster is.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Either make all contact in the blue paint GI (and hence all contact outside of the blue paint is not GI) or remove the rule altogether.

Right now it’s completely random. Coaches losing challenges left and right is enough proof. Nobody knows what’s going on and just tosses a coin each time there’s contact.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Would you look at that? Panthers lose a GI call and lose a game. Crazy. Who would've thought those made such an impact on the game?

For those that think otherwise, hypothetical here... 1-1, Florida wins in OT, series over. In reality, they lost and imagine they choke the series? Those calls impact games AND series. We weren't beating Florida with an extra 1-2 goals, but those calls in the playoffs are huge and finally the Panthers feel what it's like to be on the losing end... and lose... rightfully so.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Either make all contact in the blue paint GI (and hence all contact outside of the blue paint is not GI) or remove the rule altogether.

Right now it’s completely random. Coaches losing challenges left and right is enough proof. Nobody knows what’s going on and just tosses a coin each time there’s contact.
Heads goal or tails no goal would make more sense then the inconsistencies and nonsense explanations they give for goalie interference. One game you can run the goalie and it is a goal; then the next game the goalie can come out of his crease to make contact with a player and it is not a goal.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I remember at KHL once there were a rule that if even a skate is in blue goalie paint it would be called GI and goal would be overturned, I think thos rule were chamged after 1 month,cuz there were like 3 goals each games that were overturned xD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad