GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Ok who I should cheer now as Bolts are out? No team will replace bolts but it will be hard to be without hockey and emotions untill mid Octobeer again.. I liked last years Tor team (yeye throw tomatos at me) I lioked STL when they won SC and WSH when they won, but now its like first time in a 6 7 years that I dont have any emotions for other teams playing in play offs, what are your suggestions?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Ok who I should cheer now as Bolts are out? No team will replace bolts but it will be hard to be without hockey and emotions untill mid Octobeer again.. I liked last years Tor team (yeye throw tomatos at me) I lioked STL when they won SC and WSH when they won, but now its like first time in a 6 7 years that I dont have any emotions for other teams playing in play offs, what are your suggestions?
This is where I start wanting teams I dislike to lose. Lol. Vegas, Toronto, Boston, Florida by all means I want eliminated. Pretty much a wide open field of winners after that. I'd hate to hear New York fans gloating but I'd take them winning over anybody else in the east. I wouldn't mind Vancouver, Dallas, or even Edmonton tbh.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
This is where I start wanting teams I dislike to lose. Lol. Vegas, Toronto, Boston, Florida by all means I want eliminated. Pretty much a wide open field of winners after that. I'd hate to hear New York fans gloating but I'd take them winning over anybody else in the east. I wouldn't mind Vancouver, Dallas, or even Edmonton tbh.
Ok from all team you mentioned I dont like Dallas less than everyoine else. I would cheer for NYR but like last 3 4 years I just hear a lot of hype from everywhere about them, and its annoying. I would honestly cheer for Fla if they won us like Tor last year, by overcomming and true fight,but for favourites as they were in series they played bad and boring. I dont like Edmonton, cuz from all nr 1 draft pick they had they should be a monsters but they just waisted all chances, I would cheers for McDavid but in another team. I just dont see an inspiring not hyped team at Play offs now, so it will be Dallas as for now, thanks)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rooting for someone is boring, hatewatching is much more fun.

I really don't want the Oilers to win, not this year or any other year with this core of players. Bruins and Panthers neither, but at least them I could live with. Anyone else I'm more or less fine with.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Rooting for someone is boring, hatewatching is much more fun.

I really don't want the Oilers to win, not this year or any other year with this core of players. Bruins and Panthers neither, but at least them I could live with. Anyone else I'm more or less fine with.
What about Carolina? The only two things why I dont like them is Aho and their total softiness and nastyness (and I dont know why, i just dont like him) maybe I will root for Dallas at west and Car at east.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm probably tuning out unless McDavid actually has a chance at the cup. Not that I like the Oilers but that's like the only plotline that's interesting at this point.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What about Carolina? The only two things why I dont like them is Aho and their total softiness and nastyness (and I dont know why, i just dont like him) maybe I will root for Dallas at west and Car at east.
I've never really felt strongly about them in any way if I'm honest. I think while they have an extremely solid group of players, they're also incredibly boring. They're like the Minnesota Wild but better.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I've never really felt strongly about them in any way if I'm honest. I think while they have an extremely solid group of players, they're also incredibly boring. They're like the Minnesota Wild but better.
This is my problem I think all the teams left are really boring. If Tor can pull it out and go to round 2 I will cheeer for them,ok not for them but for Matthews mostly

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Some former Bolts

Boston: Shattenkirk, Maroon
Carolina: DeAngelo
Colorado: Drouin, Colton
Edmonton: Perry
Florida: Verhaeghe
Nashville: Schenn, McDonagh
Rangers: Goodrow
Vancouver: Miller, Cole
Vegas: Howden, Marchessault
Winnipeg: Namestnikov

Reactions: DMB06 and Peacefool

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Embrace the heel root for Vegas. Just for the shitstorm that’s going to happen if they win again.

Colorado is probably the 2nd team I’d want to see win well built team, fast and I’d like to see Jo Drouin come back and win one + Ross Colton win another 1.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Some former Bolts

Boston: Shattenkirk, Maroon
Carolina: DeAngelo
Colorado: Drouin, Colton
Edmonton: Perry
Florida: Verhaeghe
Nashville: Schenn, McDonagh
Rangers: Goodrow
Vancouver: Miller, Cole
Vegas: Howden, Marchessault
Winnipeg: Namestnikov
Nice to see our children have grown up.

The east is nothing but Tampa victims left. Florida (2), Boston (2), NYR (2), and Carolina (1) have all taken L's from this core.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I'm rooting for Edmonton. That franchise and its fans have been through some things. Plus the duo of McDavid and Draisaitl are entertaining to watch.

If they go down, I'll root for Vegas and one of our lost boys in Marchessault.

I live in Colorado now and should get behind them but it's hard to root for the team that ended our threepeat.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
FL, I like Maurice and have since he put Laine in his place up in Winterpeg ... and Barkov is a good dude... so, yeah, I'll be hoping for the Cats to get their, as well Maurice's, first cup

• Wow
Reactions: Tampa22

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I’m originally from Vancouver, and the ‘Nucks have been largely mediocre until this year so I’m behind them now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad