Golf: 2024 PGA Championship - Three Men and (Scottie's) Baby

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If I was trying to cordon off a crash scene where someone died, and some dickhead decided he'd try to jump ahead and drive on the median, I'd be pretty pissed off too.
Nah, players drive past stuff like this all the time. He had no way of knowing there was a death or anything. Apparently other players had already driven past this same incident.

Seems like a classic cop on a power trip to me.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And how the heck is he charged with 2nd degree assault of an officer??? :help: Exactly HOW & when did he assault an officer? Darlington said he didn't even raise his voice at the cop. Look, I'm the LAST person to defend entitled millionaires but this does not even seem to come close to that kind of an situation from everything I have seen & read so far.

Darlington of ESPN is killing it by the way :yo:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Might be the most surreal moment since we found out how much Tiger got caught.

And how the heck is he charged with 2nd degree assault of an officer??? :help: Exactly HOW & when did he assault an officer? Darlington said he didn't even raise his voice at the cop. Look, I'm the LAST person to defend entitled millionaires but this does not even seem to come close to that kind of an situation from everything I have seen & read so far.

Darlington of ESPN is killing it by the way :yo:
Probably when the officer ‘attached’ himself to the vehicle.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If I was trying to cordon off a crash scene where someone died, and some dickhead decided he'd try to jump ahead and drive on the median, I'd be pretty pissed off too.
So as you sit here typing on the internet, your official stance is that as a police officer, you would let your emotions effect how you choose to enforce the law?

What the heck does "attached to the vehicle" mean? Like, any cop directing traffic can grab onto your bumper as you're driving and when your car overpowers their hands, you all of a sudden are charged with a felony?

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So as you sit here typing on the internet, your official stance is that as a police officer, you would let your emotions effect how you choose to enforce the law?

What the heck does "attached to the vehicle" mean? Like, any cop directing traffic can grab onto your bumper as you're driving and when your car overpowers their hands, you all of a sudden are charged with a felony?

Seems pretty straightforward. As others have mentioned, golfers have little markers on their vehicles and cops are waving them through. Maybe we'll see the bodycam footage of what exactly Scottie did to get his ass hauled away in handcuffs, but I don't think this was a case of the cops just hauling away a driver at random because of some power trip.

Reading about the situation and then blaming Scottie and not the power trippin cops is all time cop ball-washing behaviour.

.....Again, we'll have to see what exactly Scottie did in order to get his dumb ass arrested following a pedestrian death investigation.

There's also a sad irony in the fact that the poor soul was probably just trying to get to the course to watch Scottie in action.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Seems pretty straightforward. As others have mentioned, golfers have little markers on their vehicles and cops are waving them through. Maybe we'll see the bodycam footage of what exactly Scottie did to get his ass hauled away in handcuffs, but I don't think this was a case of the cops just hauling away a driver at random because of some power trip.

.....Again, we'll have to see what exactly Scottie did in order to get his dumb ass arrested following a pedestrian death investigation.

There's also a sad irony in the fact that the poor soul was probably just trying to get to the course to watch Scottie in action.
I mean Jeff Darlington a pretty esteemed reporter was in the car behind him and basically said that is exactly what it was.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Scottie was like +1000 to win after the news broke. Now that he's at the golf course and going to play, he's back down to +500 again. Generational bag fumble by me not jumping on that number...

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
His tee time was 10am and he was arrested at 7am

He wasn't even late, just a rich guy in a hurry.
I have no idea how this is relevant to what is going on lol!

Man people like you just crack me up, no no sir, the cops never do nothing wrong sir, i love me the cops sir.

They trying to charge him for 2nd degree assault of a cop lmao, it is so insane to be defending them.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

I don't think anything is straightforward from what we know at this point.

"Cop told him to stop".

Does that mean that Scottie had his window down and he and the officer were having a face to face conversation? Or does that mean the cop was casually directing traffic and shouted at him to stop while he was 3 cars back and Scottie had his windows up and music on?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So from what I understand:

- There was an accident earlier where a shuttle bus hit a pedestrian and killed them
- That situation was resolved but traffic was still backed up so police were around directing traffic
- Players are commonly told they can drive around traffic like this in their courtesy cars so they're not waiting forever to get onto the grounds although it's unsure what was relayed to Scheffler in this incident
- Scheffler attempted to drive around the traffic but was told to stop.
- He either didn't see or ignored the officer telling him to stop. Some reports say he believed it was private security and not police officers.
- The officer then attempted to grab his car to get him to stop (not really sure why...but ok).
- Some reports say he stopped then, some say he drove on for another 10+ yards
- When he stopped the officer tried to grab him out of the vehicle, then opened his door and pulled him out

From everything I can see it was a misunderstanding on Scheffler's part where he thought he was allowed to go around the traffic to get into the grounds and begin his routine warmups and then the cop got super upset that someone ignored him and things escalated from there and now they're charging him with everything they can to try to justify their actions and avoid a massive lawsuit.

x.com

MODS I DON'T UNDERSTAND TECH, SOMEONE FIX MY TWITTER POST
If you replace x.com with twitter.com it embeds properly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad