Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I am gonna say this. I never claim to know who can play and who can't. Belichick loved playing chess in the draft when checkers was required. Wolf has played checkers so far. QB, WR, OT.
The most important thing is supporting Maye. Much more important than landing a bargain at LB for instance

Reactions: CDJ and Johnnyduke

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Maybe they don’t like Sow as the starting guard and will put Wallace there. I thought Sow was fine down the stretch once he was put back at guard though
It is possible. Hopefully he is the real deal and can play somewhere on the line. Apparently he was a late riser too.

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'd also point out this RT from Penn State had what, a top 10 or so LT on his team? Maybe there's a chance he can actually play LT. Basically, maybe he would have been a LT at a lot of other programs.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Love rounds 1 and 3. 2 seemed like a bit of a reach but I’ll trust until given reason not to. Would have loved Ladd but some of the tape on Polk looks good.

Hope they can find some steals in the later rounds.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I like both picks. I wonder if they should come back with another wide receiver and another linemen with their next two picks. I particularly worry about this line. How many of the guys that were here will be a comfortable fit in the new offense. I was under the impression our guys were on the smaller side and I don't think that flies with Van Pelt’s offense?

Reactions: sarge88

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I'm not gonna lie....I had my heart set on a trade happening for Aiyuk. That would have made it the off-season along with Maye. I will say I really am high on KJ Osborn. I think he will be better with more opportunity.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm not gonna lie....I had my heart set on a trade happening for Aiyuk. That would have made it the off-season along with Maye. I will say I really am high on KJ Osborn. I think he will be better with more opportunity.
I really like the idea of sending a late pick to SF for Deebo. We'd basically be helping them with their cap and possibly allowing them to sign Aiyuk. Meanwhile we get Deebo short term. Hopefully he plays well and we re-sign him but he'd be a solid upgrade right now at the right price.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
I really like the idea of sending a late pick to SF for Deebo. We'd basically be helping them with their cap and possibly allowing them to sign Aiyuk. Meanwhile we get Deebo short term. Hopefully he plays well and we re-sign him but he'd be a solid upgrade right now at the right price.
I'm with you there. Just wondering how high a pick they are seeking?

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Just read this on Profootballtalk.com

“Trading Samuel would result in a $21.793 million cap charge. That also would unload his base salary of $20.792 million.”

I believe it means there is no cap incentive for SF to trade Deebo. Darn.

Reactions: KOZ37

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
The Athletic on Caedan Wallace's week at the Senior Bowl:

The Nittany Lions’ starter opposite likely top-10 pick Olu Fashanu the last two years, Wallace plays with terrific feet and can really move in space — both up to the second level and beyond. He was consistently one of the quickest tackles off the snap in run drills early in the week with pads on, and while he’ll occasionally lunge or fall off a block in the run game, there’s a ton to like here.
Wallace measured in with 33 5/8-inch arms and 10 1/2-inch hands and showed the second-highest max acceleration GPS number of any offensive lineman.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I wouldn't pencil him in at LT to start the year but then again I don't know who this team's LT is. And until that sorts itself out Drake Maye shouldn't see the field.

I got a chuckle reading "max acceleration GPS number" though

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Elijah Jones, McMillan, Hunt, Jarrian Jones and McCaffrey all gone in the final 10 picks of day 2.

Devontez Walker makes more sense but i kind of want them to draft Johnny Wilson. He might suck but you can't teach someone to be a 6'7 wr, just lob that shit up there for him. Besides them maybe Dadrion Taylor-Demerson with their other 4th rounder. Finally try and get that deep safety spot they haven't filled since McCourty retired.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Elijah Jones, McMillan, Hunt, Jarrian Jones and McCaffrey all gone in the final 10 picks of day 2.

Devontez Walker makes more sense but i kind of want them to draft Johnny Wilson. He might suck but you can't teach someone to be a 6'7 wr, just lob that shit up there for him. Besides them maybe Dadrion Taylor-Demerson with their other 4th rounder. Finally try and get that deep safety spot they haven't filled since McCourty retired.
I was thinking about Wilson too- but I would want to turn him into a Jimmy Graham type TE

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I would love a look at one of the athletic TE. Or even nabbing Troy Franklin, seems ridiculous he’s still around

I know nothing but what twitter and theathletic tell me but count me in for Franklin.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Imagine saying with a straight face Bill Belichick had nothing to do with the development of Tom Brady.Are we supposed to take any of this seriously?
You are saying Bill had no hand in the drills and practices Brady took part in?

@BradPark22 @EverettMike

I will admit, I overstepped when it came to the development part. To say Belichick had no hand in shaping and molding Brady into the Quarterback he became is admittedly absurd. HOWEVER, are there people that will still pretend that Bill saw him as the greatest player in NFL history and give him all of the credit for things Brady accomplished? Like the reason why the pendulum has swung the other way on Bill's involvement in Brady's career trajectory is because he continually downplayed Brady's impact and took credit for the things Brady did on the field. For the first half of the dynasty, it's 70-30 in Bill's favor. The second half? 80-20, maybe even 90-10, Brady. Brady covered up a lot of the blatant team building flaws that this team didn't fix and got exposed when he left for Tampa Bay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad