Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
"Have to be smart with free agency and not get carried away with it." Grabbing one of those 3 wouldn't be too carried away.
He meant term. 2-3 of those guys highlighted are getting 6+ years and 6+ million. Which is what I believe he was saying he won’t do for 29-30 players like that. As he indicated. I’m trying to just take the most literal meaning from his quotes because I think he’s pretty plain spoken.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Building through the draft is so slow and boring. Hopefully we get some good smart trades. As a fan 85 points this year is an epic fail. You will all call me out again but if we don't make the playoffs this year BA will be fired.
If BA gets fired for not making the playoffs, Ryan/Chris are stupid and the team wont be worth following anyway.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

May 13, 2004
Why do you want Trenin?
The Coyotes were a painfully soft team of mental midgets who folded like cheap suits post all star break. I was disgusted for most of the 2nd half of the season with the lack of fire and pushback from this squad.

Trenin hits like a truck, goes to the inside and can score 10-15 even strength goals per season despite starting about 75% of his shifts in the D zone.

The Coyotes were eaten alive by the cycle and were too often helpless against controlled, in-zone possession. Trenin helps. He separates the man from the puck.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I would like us to use some of our 2nds and 3rd rd picks for guys like Braden Schneider(RFA) and Mario Ferarro. Lots of teams in cap crunches and hopefully we can grab a couple roster players with later picks. Maybe sign a free agent that wants to rebuild his value and overpay him for a single year. I feel like BA wont let us down with the massive cap space and draft capital.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would like us to use some of our 2nds and 3rd rd picks for guys like Braden Schneider(RFA) and Mario Ferarro. Lots of teams in cap crunches and hopefully we can grab a couple roster players with later picks. Maybe sign a free agent that wants to rebuild his value and overpay him for a single year. I feel like BA wont let us down with the massive cap space and draft capital.
Rangers are not trading Schneider.

Might be able to get Trouba though.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Rangers are not trading Schneider.

Might be able to get Trouba though.
I mixed Robertson and schneider up. Yeah, they won't move Schneider. Trouba is interesting. 6 mill per year for two more years. 8 mill cap. I could see it. He is such a pain in the butt to play against.

rt

May 13, 2004
I mixed Robertson and schneider up. Yeah, they won't move Schneider. Trouba is interesting. 6 mill per year for two more years. 8 mill cap. I could see it. He is such a pain in the butt to play against.
I assumed Trouba had a NMC. He did. Until this year when it switched to a 15 team NMC. Utah is not on any NTCs until after the draft. We might be able to sneak that deal. Not sure how he’d feel about it. His wife is a physician in NYC if I recall correctly. Which is how the Trouba to Rangers trade went down.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I assumed Trouba had a NMC. He did. Until this year when it switched to a 15 team NMC. Utah is not on any NTCs until after the draft. We might be able to sneak that deal. Not sure how he’d feel about it. His wife is a physician in NYC if I recall correctly. Which is how the Trouba to Rangers trade went down.
Trouba forced the move to NYC because his wife was attending medical school there.

Now that she is practicing, relocating might be an option. Certainly wouldn't trade for him if he is unwilling to move.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Can't wait to see Marner moved to a team other than Utah so these brutal offers can fade away.

1716309013440.png

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Can't wait to see Marner moved to a team other than Utah so these brutal offers can fade away.
What? You're not enticed by these gems?
I could see Utah being a real player here. Plenty of young players coming up, tons of draft picks, have the cap space and a new owner looking to make a big splash…

To Toronto: Dylan Guenther + Sean Durzi
To Utah: Mitch Marner

Re-sign Durzi, 6 years at 4.5 million per.

To Toronto-
Lawson Crouse
Clayton Keller
Maveric Lamoureux

To Utah-
Mitch Marner
Timothy Liljegren
Nick Robertson

How could BA say no to any of these?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I wonder if BA tries to go for someone being coached by AT at the worlds…maybe Tavares who rumour has it is 79% on the draw over there….

Side note Guenther getting less and less ice time over there..hopefully he has a couple of stellar performances

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
No. This only compounds the issue. You're paying like $14 million for Marner and retention on Schmaltz.
Wouldn't do this trade until July 2nd, and see where we are @ the cap and personnel!

$775,000 in real money for MM and $8.475M over 2 seasons of retention of Schmaltz. If the cap is no problem, then what is the problem? We actually save money by doing this trade. It's cap space that isn't a bargain.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Wouldn't do this trade until July 2nd, and see where we are @ the cap and personnel!

$775,000 in real money for MM and $8.475M over 2 seasons of retention of Schmaltz. If the cap is no problem, then what is the problem? We actually save money by doing this trade. It's cap space that isn't a bargain.

Cap still counts. If all goes well with our young guys where do they fit in a few years?

All this aside I have no interest in Marner. Hate his style of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad