Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Crouse+6th overall?

I don’t think Smith wants to give up the 1st pick in franchise history. But I don’t see how Buffalo could accept anything less.
Lameroux? He's big but is he a legitimate top pairing D like Power? That's a lot of size out of our future lineup but a lot of size in Buffalo's.

Reactions: Summer Rose

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
MavLam is our only RD prospect after Soderstom. Can't let him go.

I agree that Smith's first pick won't be traded either. I'm on board with trading Crouse + for Power but I don't know how to get there. Sabres would want elite talent in exchange for elite talent.

Crouse + Moser + Soderstom ?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
MavLam is our only RD prospect after Soderstom. Can't let him go.

I agree that Smith's first pick won't be traded either. I'm on board with trading Crouse + for Power but I don't know how to get there. Sabres would want elite talent in exchange for elite talent.

Crouse + Moser + Soderstom ?
I think more like Crouse and Geekie and more?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
It took me years to warm up to Keller ...I'm there now and I desire any talk about moving him to be discontinued post haste. I love the player and love the contract. Fix the D and I think 40g+ is viable.

Same for the prospects...don't want to move MavLam, Geekie or any of the others really and Crouse is my favorite player and think next year he hits 30g+.

I am favorable to FA adds or pick trades but otherwise desire, continued, patience.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
It took me years to warm up to Keller ...I'm there now and I desire any talk about moving him to be discontinued post haste. I love the player and love the contract. Fix the D and I think 40g+ is viable.

Same for the prospects...don't want to move MavLam, Geekie or any of the others really and Crouse is my favorite player and think next year he hits 30g+.

I am favorable to FA adds or pick trades but otherwise desire, continued, patience.

Is this another post I need to print out and tape to my office door?

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix

The first 3 years or so I was frustrated with Keller. He was obviously good but I was just like, where's that extra gear. And he did it especially after coming back from the broken leg.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, Keller is not moving. Nor should he. BA loves him anyway. He's been watching him play since he was 12.

The first 3 years or so I was frustrated with Keller. He was obviously good but I was just like, where's that extra gear. And he did it especially after coming back from the broken leg.

Almost every player regressed under Tocchet, especially Keller.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Give an A to Elias Lindholm for the first half and if he fits, give him the C in the second half.
I don’t think you can give a C to a newcomer to the group that easily unless it’s someone very established like a Stamkos…other than that it has to be Keller/Crouse or you just wait for a guy like Cooley or Doan to mature for a few more years

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
We have 10 second-round picks in the next 3 years.

I think we're a better team if we take 4 of those picks and bring in two Top-4 D.
With that amount you keep your 1st rounders and do some major upgrading. Which is defense and needs to happen or expect no playoffs next year and or even able to compete in division. Going to get shelled and not fair towards the goalies as both are capable of putting up better numbers if they get the help needed.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I don’t think you can give a C to a newcomer to the group that easily unless it’s someone very established like a Stamkos…other than that it has to be Keller/Crouse or you just wait for a guy like Cooley or Doan to mature for a few more years
I am warming to the Keller premise. Crouse I thought he always would be but was kind of a meh overall year from him. Stamkos, I don't want to do what it would take to sign that 34 year old. Fine with Cooley or Doan so long as it is well past them being established and their game is comfortable. Bjugstad remains my preferred for now if we have to have one but pretty fine with just rolling with As until it is 100% clear who it oughta be.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Interesting tidbit from the fourth period.
Having gone through a significant rebuild in Arizona, the now-former Coyotes will look to be competitive and shoot for the playoffs next spring, as per the mandate from ownership.

Anyone else hearing anything like this?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Interesting tidbit from the fourth period.
Having gone through a significant rebuild in Arizona, the now-former Coyotes will look to be competitive and shoot for the playoffs next spring, as per the mandate from ownership.

Anyone else hearing anything like this?
Feels like people taking what Friedman and Marek speculated on a recent episode. They said that they "could see" Smith wanting to make a splash and that they have the cap and picks to do it.

I'd rather go off the recent BA interview where he was talking about continuing to build through the draft.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
We have a lot of players who have played for Ilves, but we should be looking for players from the better team in Tampere :nod:

I genuinely think that Heljanko could be a great replacement for Vejmelka. He has won everything in Liiga and is now looking for better opportunities. Always steps ups his game when it matters the most and is the most steady goalie Liiga has seen a while. He is small like Raanta was, but he hasn't suffered injuries like him, atleast yet.

He has won 3 golds in Liiga, 1-time CHL champion, 2 times best goaltender trophy and 1 playoff MVP-award.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad