2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Meh, Carolina dominated us. Thinking the Isles beat themselves is just a convenient way of going down the path of thinking that Lou has this team on the right track.
Two opposite inferences, but feel free to take that path to join them.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
wonder if the resident Throttle still makes that Elias Pettersson for Barzal swap? Guy has one goal all post season making 11.6 next year. Like our friend Throtte says " He aint it"
In any threads discussing Pettersson on the trade board VAN fans mostly said he was untouchable but if traded wanted a king's ransom because of how amazing he is. I'm thinking if things don't change they may change their tunes soon. ;)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
wonder if the resident Throttle still makes that Elias Pettersson for Barzal swap? Guy has one goal all post season making 11.6 next year. Like our friend Throtte says " He aint it"
He’s been mainly irrelevant, no doubt. For certain, they are going to have an expensive problem on their hands and that market can be rapid.

I would still make that trade because he’s a scorer. Paying him $11M is a tough one. That requires a player to be top of his game.

However, historically perimeter players don’t do well in the playoffs.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
He’s been mainly irrelevant, no doubt. For certain, they are going to have an expensive problem on their hands and that market can be rapid.

I would still make that trade because he’s a scorer. Paying him $11M is a tough one. That requires a player to be top of his game.

However, historically perimeter players don’t do well in the playoffs.
yes, such a huge # at 11.6, with Boeser out now even more pressure on weak Petey to step up tonight

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
That 4 minute pp sure looked like an Islanders special. Pass it back to ‘x’ that tries the zone entry and doesn’t get far, leads to turnover, puck cleared, repeat.

Tocchet is coaching like Trotz/Lambert/Roy right now.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dallas and the Rangers should win in 4-5 and 5-6 respectively. I do think the Rangers might lose to Dallas, they should not but Dallas reminds me closest of the 2004 Lightning. I am not overly impressed with the roster on paper but it seems maybe they had a season where everything went right. I am not sure DAL or NYR really has much of a window past this season, both are good and will be playoff teams for awhile but they have too many huge pieces who are like 30-34 years old which is a problem

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
What on Earth was Petterssen doing in that final series? Totally a guy that didn’t want it. Ouch.

In other news, these Hughes brothers are waifs in the playoffs.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
What on Earth was Petterssen doing in that final series? Totally a guy that didn’t want it. Ouch.

I said the same thing about JT Miller

no hustle, great at winning faceoffs but looked like Pageau out there tonight.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Ice Capades doesn't fly in the playoffs, Hughes will win the Norris yet he will never contend for a Conn Smythe. A shrimp is still a shrimp despite the amazing skating.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Why the hate on EDM?
They don’t play a man’s game.

And if the Oil wins the cup after the Avalanche did a few years ago it pokes another hole in the “you win in the playoffs with defense and goaltending” mantra. That doesn’t sit well with some people.

You drive for show but you putt for dough.

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
They don’t play a man’s game.

And if the Oil wins the cup after the Avalanche did a few years ago it pokes another hole in the “you win in the playoffs with defense and goaltending” mantra. That doesn’t sit well with some people.

You drive for show but you putt for dough.

None of that means anything to me. I've been watching that series a bit. Very entertaining and I can watch their offense call day. PP is lethal.

G is definitely a question. D moves the puck well but definitely has some holes. If its a chouce between rooting for Oil or Dallas, its a no brainer.

and as a lifelong Isles fan, Im not clear on what a "mans game" is , but im pretty sure the Isles dont play one either.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wouldn't mind either Western team winning. Pavelski finally getting one would be nice for him and a good story. McDavid getting one would be huge for the NHL in general.

Don't care if Florida wins the cup as long as they win this series.

Reactions: MJF and Osakahaus

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Wouldn't mind either Western team winning. Pavelski finally getting one would be nice for him and a good story. McDavid getting one would be huge for the NHL in general.

Don't care if Florida wins the cup as long as they win this series.

Basically, ABR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad